Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Stephen Helliwell - Trains4u

Trains4U

• RMweb Gold

So shocked and sorry to hear this news.  My condolences to all his friends, colleagues and family.  Stephen was always a true gent and I always enjoyed chatting with him. 
RIP, he will live on in the hearts and memories of all his life touched. 

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

I am very sorry to hear the sad news Gareth. Our thoughts are with you and the whole family, friends and colleagues.

I had many enjoyable chats with him over the years and I will remember him with fond respect.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Gareth,

I am so sorry read this.  It was always a pleasure to see your Dad when walking into the shop and he had the kind of laid back, easy going charm that made him very easy to talk to and I am sure helped contribute to the success of Trains4U with its customers, aside from his business and financial expertise.

Sending deepest condolences to you and your family, and the wider T4U gang.

Ben

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Thanks 1

So sorry to hear this sad news Gareth, like all the others I send my condolences. I've had many a chat with him, I may even be the one that persuaded him to "go lpg!" Always a smiling face and a friendly chat along with the good service.

Stewart

• Thanks 1

My sincere condolences to you, Gareth, and all Steve's family and friends. As one of T4U's very early customers I had many a long conversation with Steve, mostly about the hobby and the ups and downs of certain manufacturers, and usually at lunch time when I had popped across to the shop for some modelling item that I needed - or to scrounge the loan of something new for review because we hadn't received a sample. He was always warm, friendly and knowledgable. (Chris Leigh)

• Thanks 1