The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Rogered, Wilko, and out.

tomparryharry

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

I dont recall seeing too many overly impressive BBQ's in Bunnings here, that's what places lie "Barbeques Galore" etc are for.   Bunnings has a totally different retail environment here in Australia to what it faced in the UK because since the short-lived  Masters chain fell off the perch    it pretty much has  the home improvement/hardware sector to itself.

The only major competitor  here in NSW at least would be Mitre 10, and they are mainly older stores in outer suburbs or  regional towns. Other than  independent   family-business style individual hardware shops and speciality chains like "Total Tools!" that concentrate on just tools  I cant think of any other competition, certainly nothing that competes with them  for range and number of locations.

When Bunnings took over Masters, they barely burped. The only effect was to close a few stores, that in some cases were across the highway from each other. Such was the market difference between them.

• RMweb Gold
On 18/09/2023 at 04:23, BachelorBoy said:

I think you win the prize for the best title for a thread, this year.

Thank you. You can rest assured that I delete more material than I send.  The 'submit reply' button is there for a reason.... 

With the demise of these stores, I wondered if the surviving enterprises seize the opportunity to expand their profit margins.