Accurascale's First 0 Gauge loco.

• RMweb Gold

A diesel shunting device of some sort, or else the Buckjumper as many have said on here before. I’ll bet two shiny tuppences on it being either of those!

Given the glaring errors in another manufacturer’s O gauge diesel output, I’m sure that there is a market for models without the in built defects! Having said that, the JLTRT kits still pop up from time to time and those would be my solution at the moment for 37s and 40s if I were to dabble.

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Islesy said:

‘it’s a shame none of you were at the MRC talk on Thursday, or ‘Zoom’d in - the audience got three big clues 😉

It’s not a model featured in our current ranges.

It’s a model entirely new to 7mm RTR

and….

I know one thing that is isn't because you haven't got any drawings of it but it could still be something South Eastern.  But with those big 0 gauge hoppers already in the A/S catalogue I'm inclined towards the North Eastern and something six coupled, maybe with a tender?  (But then i got that wrong once before so I might be just as wrong this time!)

Hello everyone. I am new to RM web!

I have always been a fan of railways and model railways. When I was a young child I had a collection of 00 gauge trains and rolling stock. As I got older, I sold most of it to fund other things in life which I heavily regret now. 

So I am starting fresh in the model

railway hobby so I thought I would create a project in O gauge as I personally admire the larger scale. 

So I was excited to hear that Accurascale are soon to announce their first locomotive in O gauge. I have been trying to think of what it could be. 

If it is a diesel locomotive, my guess would be a class 25. 

If it is a steam locomotive, then perhaps a a GWR 42XX. 

2 hours ago, TrainsRule88 said:

Hello everyone. I am new to RM web!

I have always been a fan of railways and model railways. When I was a young child I had a collection of 00 gauge trains and rolling stock. As I got older, I sold most of it to fund other things in life which I heavily regret now. 

So I am starting fresh in the model

railway hobby so I thought I would create a project in O gauge as I personally admire the larger scale. 

So I was excited to hear that Accurascale are soon to announce their first locomotive in O gauge. I have been trying to think of what it could be. 

If it is a diesel locomotive, my guess would be a class 25. 

If it is a steam locomotive, then perhaps a a GWR 42XX. 

You are in the perfect position to restart your model railway adventure in 0 gauge.  The choice for RTR locos, coaches and wagons is continually increasing.  0 is not cheap but I note that some 00 models are creeping towards 0 gauge price levels.

John

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Claud Hamilton said:

So I did attend Paul’s fascinating lecture at the Model Railway Club last Thursday and so can reveal that the third clue…

….rhymes with “weasel”….

"Kettel"...??!!! 😂😂

Quite a few of us have suggested the D63xx/Class 22, as Dapol have seemingly remained totally deaf to all requests to them, despite their 2mm & 4mm versions being very good. 🙄🤦‍♂️

Having said that, everyone stand by for the first duplication of R-T-R diesels in 7mm scale.... 🙄🙄😱😱😡

D6320 please, GSYP with headcode boxes, & name "Lister" on one side, please. 👍👍

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Like 3

On 20/09/2023 at 22:30, brossard said:

You are in the perfect position to restart your model railway adventure in 0 gauge.  The choice for RTR locos, coaches and wagons is continually increasing.  0 is not cheap but I note that some 00 models are creeping towards 0 gauge price levels.

John

Yes this is exactly what I thought. Peco have also just released some new gauge track also. 

I am kind of hoping that more modern image O gauge models will come to market soon. So if you are reading this Accurascale, an O gauge class 150 DMU would be amazing. 😉

• RMweb Premium

Clearly an HST with 9 coaches available at launch.

Maybe they got sick of waiting around for the Dapol 66 and they're going to gazzump them? I would say there's a greater than zero chance of this. Although one of the clues is that it's not in their current ranges (and they took over the OO hattons 66...)

What about a class 28 metrovik? Rapido got the n gauge! This would have a tenuous Irish connection too!

2 hours ago, TrainsRule88 said:

Peco have just released some new O gauge concrete sleeper track. It does look very good I have to be honest. 

OK, I checked the site but didn't see it.  Always good to see Peco release new stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIZ5bOvt2I0&ab_channel=PECOTV

Too modern for me anyway.

John

Based on the popularity and successor their 'OO' Gauge Class 37, then I would say if its Diesel/Weasel, it's a pretty much one horse race...... 

I don't think that there is an issue with 'duplication' , when you think how many thousand OO class 37' s there was already out there! 

Unless of course they are worried that they don't have a warehouse large enough to cope with the stock..... 

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

I don't think that there is an issue with 'duplication' , when you think how many thousand OO class 37' s there was already out there! 

I'd be very surprised if Accurascale produced something already manufatured by someone else (and remember, they've said it's not something currently in their own range either).

The probelm is that, despite the growing popualrity of O gauge, the market is still a very small proportion of that in 4mm. In order to recoup the tooling and manufacturing costs of a new model, you probably do have to sell many hundreds – if not thousands – of them, and producing a duplicate model would just be too much of a risk for a first project. Also, although some O gauge models currently available have their flaws, they are mostly very good. There is no truly awful offering that is crying out for replacement.

I think Accurascale are going to be aiming a little 'outside the box' with this one – something not yet produced RTR and that people have been asking for would be a much safer bet. 

• Agree 2

27 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Not really - the company and the project collapsed for a variety of reasons including ill-health, although the promised complexity of their D63XX might not have helped

If it's the company I think it is, others seem to be picking up the flag.  EFE have picked up the Class 15 and Heljan appear to have taken on the little 4 wheeled shunter.

John

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, brossard said:

If it's the company I think it is, others seem to be picking up the flag. 

The 15 tooling existed which obviously makes it easier for someone to pick up.

Heljan have said their shunter was done from scratch.

Someone will do a 22 given the apparent demand and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if more than one company started work on one when the LLC was cancelled. We'll find out sooner or later!

• Agree 2