Corris Falcon No10 in action. 23rd September 2023

Tim Hall

• RMweb Premium

Four days earlier than my photo above, the original Corris locomotives were both in steam on the Talyllyn (12th July 2022).  Its fascinating to see both the attention to detail of the new-builds and the tiny differences between them and the originals! 

DSC06600.JPG.b12978c7f14171ccb0a6bf89a78d1809.JPG

DSC06648.JPG.6b4c954bd94c22954db04c9a8d07a072.JPG

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Number 10 is a great little loco and a real credit to everyone who helped fund and build it.  If you read the book about it (available from the Corris Railway) it explains how the design was tweaked to make it more practical eg for coaling, and how some parts were made by railway volunteers to keep the cost down.

Myself and five friends hired the Corris Railway for a day recently (second time we’ve done it) and we all enjoyed it, including driving number 10 - appropriate as some of our little group had financially contributed towards it.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

No.10 was in fine form today when I visited. First time seeing it in person. The weather couldn't have been better and it was thoroughly enjoyable!
The driver was full of praise for the loco. He said that while No.7 is lovely to drive, No.10 is effortless. You just point her in a direction and off she goes 😄

Absolutely superb effort by all involved in the project, and I could not be happier to see both Corris types finally represented by the home fleet! 👍

DSC03875.JPG

• Like 2