Princes Risborough Track Plan

Three possible sources

National Library Scotland - has 1:2500 maps  on line

Signalling record society has box diagrams for North and South

Historical Survey G W Stations volume 1 R H Clark - OPC has a couple of pages with a plan covering the north end - and sketch of the south end.

• Like 2

Add:

Princes Risborough Thame Oxford Railway - OPC - Lingard - has a plan - but probably too feint to be of use - also has drawings of some of the buildings - which you could probably scale off - though scale isn't obvious. If you're thinking of modelling the station the book would be worth having.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Innerhome said:

Add:

Princes Risborough Thame Oxford Railway - OPC - Lingard - has a plan - but probably too feint to be of use - also has drawings of some of the buildings - which you could probably scale off - though scale isn't obvious. If you're thinking of modelling the station the book would be worth having.

Yes I have the book, although published in the 70s is still quite useful, I also have both volumes of Wild Swans Watlington Branch. Lets just say I am working on a something cameo layout wise!

In theory there is this 25" OS map which is stated to have be revised in 1919. In practice OS map revisions between the two wars rarely meant a resurvey and just incorporated a few known changes. If you can't find anything else it would definitely form a basis, especially if you can find contemporary signalling diagrams.

It may also be worth overlaying it on what is there today as recorded on Google Earth. Inkscape has a convenient overlay tool if you have nothing else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bécasse said:

In theory there is this 25" OS map which is stated to have be revised in 1919. In practice OS map revisions between the two wars rarely meant a resurvey and just incorporated a few known changes. If you can't find anything else it would definitely form a basis, especially if you can find contemporary signalling diagrams.

It may also be worth overlaying it on what is there today as recorded on Google Earth. Inkscape has a convenient overlay tool if you have nothing else.

That's the sort I think I need, although it does not have the lab siding but its workable for me.

The map Harlequin links indicates the line to south splits off with "GWR Wycombe Branch" to the west, and "GW and GC Joint Railway" to the east. But these appear to be just the up and down lines to Saunderton and onwards to London. What is the story there?

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, F2Andy said:

The map Harlequin links indicates the line to south splits off with "GWR Wycombe Branch" to the west, and "GW and GC Joint Railway" to the east. But these appear to be just the up and down lines to Saunderton and onwards to London. What is the story there?

The Up & Down Lines re-join again just North of Saunderton.

https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/36958

Edited by Pannier Tank
added link
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

52 minutes ago, Pannier Tank said:

The west line is the original Wycombe railway , south of Saunderton station (Saunderton is actually near Princes Risboro station) the original alignement is unused on the west side of the line with a redundant abutment over the A4010

On 14/10/2023 at 14:50, Pannier Tank said:

The Down line was partly the old single line Wycombe Branch as  well as a brand new up alinement there was a easing of the old line to form a new down line just north of Saunderton the old Wycombe line can still be seen between the new up and down lines a short cutting survives and if you look at OS maps the old line is clearly showing.

Edited by David Bigcheeseplant
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1