Sand Pit Layout

• RMweb Premium

Excellent - thanks for sharing the video here (I’d not come across the blog).  Very much the kind of layout Carl Arendt encouraged for micros: has a clear purpose, takes a slice of railroad action and makes it fit well in to (just over) 4 sq. ft.

There was a guest display of 16mm modelling at our local 009 Society group meet last Saturday and I was very impressed with the potential and the modelling standard, as shown here.  Could I ask: are your rails powered or is it a dead rail / battery locomotive?

(Also the first time I think I’ve seen / heard yourself in person: not a hint of a Mid-Western accent being picked up as far as I could tell!)

An enjoyable start to my day, thank you.  Keith.

I hadn't come across your blog either Ian - so I'm glad you shared this video here.
Excellent modelling, and a lovely little layout, with such a nice minimalist atmosphere. I really like the old, rusty wagon parked at the end of the siding, and the upturned old wagon on the low level of the scene. That landrover and mud just look spot on.

Lovely subject, and great to see the loading working well.

But I do really need to know..... what's under that tarpaulin? lol

4 hours ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Excellent - thanks for sharing the video here (I’d not come across the blog).  Very much the kind of layout Carl Arendt encouraged for micros: has a clear purpose, takes a slice of railroad action and makes it fit well in to (just over) 4 sq. ft.

There was a guest display of 16mm modelling at our local 009 Society group meet last Saturday and I was very impressed with the potential and the modelling standard, as shown here.  Could I ask: are your rails powered or is it a dead rail / battery locomotive?

(Also the first time I think I’ve seen / heard yourself in person: not a hint of a Mid-Western accent being picked up as far as I could tell!)

An enjoyable start to my day, thank you.  Keith.

Hello Keith:

Thanks for the kind words. I think 16mm scale/32mm gauge (SM32) has great potential for small 2' gauge industrial lines. You don't really need watchmakers skills to create little details. 

My Locos are from Chris Rennie at LocoRemote so they are all WiFi controlled, power coming from 3.7V 600 mAh Lipo batteries. As I said in the video Chris' kits are well designed and easy to assemble and an easy way into 16mm.

Yes, I work had to keep my English accent, it gets me good service in restaurants.... 😄

Ian

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

brilliant work Ian  really like it . seeing how you have made good use of the small space and got working features  included  to . i have all ways had thought of trying something small in a large narrow gauge scale . really grabs my intrerrest back . keep up the good work  . kevin 

• Like 1