Error 200

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Still getting either a 2/3 upload or message: 

"Sorry, an unknown server error occurred when uploading this file.

(Error code: -200)"

So is this your end or mine?

I'll try a complete restart later, got to rush out now.

• Moderators
Just now, DLT said:

So is this your end or mine?

It could be both if it's a file type issue Dave, make sure it's a .jpg rather than .jpeg - or try saving it as a .PNG to test further.

• RMweb Premium

I've just experienced the same problem, unfortunately, complete with error message. Whilst I was able to upload a 2.7mb image without issue, a 297kb version of the same picture just sat there telling me it was uploading whilst clearly not doing so. Both versions of the image are .jpg's and the reduced size one has been produced in the same way as all of the others that I have uploaded to the site before.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Still can't upload, I've tried uploading photos that have already been uploaded, so its not the files.

All files uploading to other forums ok as well, so I don't think its my end.

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

I managed to upload one picture on a thread, but its companion (or similar file size) steadfastly refused to load. After resizing (ironically to a slightly larger size) it loaded, but then I could not edit the post (message saying it was either deleted (it wasn't), or too old (it was about 30 minutes old)). Finally I added as a new post, but...

There is a new(?) feature, a validation requiring you to prove you are not a spammer or robot before uploading a picture. Is this indeed a new feature, and if so, could this this be a cause for the photo upload oddities?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, DLT said:

Its working for me this morning.

Nothing fiddled with at this end nor at Invision to the best of my knowledge - which is why it's always difficult to chase shadows on these things; hopefully that'll save me some time in the morning.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1