Help Dapol choose our next N Gauge HSTs

Adam1701D

I can't vote, even after registering an account. 

3 minutes ago, RobSkipworth said:

No Barbie again? I'd take at least two full sets!

Couldn't agree more. I would buy two full sets of the classic barbie livery, and 'white teardrop' livery power cars, if they were ever produced. 

Edited by hclewis
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Brian-1c said:

Thanks Adam, I've voted there.

I also suggested the RailAdventures pair.

We are doing the RailAdventure power cars via Gaugemaster, due Q1/Q2 next year. They have been delayed a bit due to retooling the body and adding front couplings.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Robert Shrives said:

A good selection and of course the staycation express is there as I have 5 trailers on my to spray green pile!   Love a Mexican power car pair- just for fun and completeness. 

And of course I have just done a colas pair. 

Robert 

I quite like the Mexican set but not sure how popular it would be. Wondering what the Nigerian HSTs will look like!

Hi Gang;

I have added my vote for the 'Swallow' IC Livery buffer fitted power car and the Colas pair. I didn't go for the IC Exec Livery Buffer fitted power car due to limited timescale and scope. The others are not really in my area but I assume the EMR buffer special will interest some.

I would really like to see a 'Harry Patch' too.

Later;
Stu from EGVN

• RMweb Gold

I don't think I mentioned that the liveries in the poll are in addition to any re-runs of existing liveries. If previous sales are anything to go by their is almost certainly going to be another run of Blue/Grey and InterCity (could be Swallow or Exec).

Glad to see the poll doing so well and thank you for the interest so far.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, Stu from EGDL said:

Hi Gang;

I have added my vote for the 'Swallow' IC Livery buffer fitted power car and the Colas pair. I didn't go for the IC Exec Livery Buffer fitted power car due to limited timescale and scope. The others are not really in my area but I assume the EMR buffer special will interest some.

I would really like to see a 'Harry Patch' too.

Later;
Stu from EGVN

I was about to type ‘traitor’……..and then I saw Harry Patch 😂

• RMweb Premium

I’d like to see additional mk3 coaches in NR yellow for the NMT - I know the two simplest have been done and the remainder are increasingly esoteric….

However, I wonder if the mk3 (977993) with the pantograph on the roof might be next easiest - would require a new roof tooling, but the window arrangement looks like a standard TGS vehicle.

Considering I’m about to pay £47 for a Farish mk2F in NR yellow, I’d pay a similar amount (perhaps even fractionally more) for 977993 with fully represented roof equipment - would bring the NMT up to three trailer vehicles which would make it a bit more credible looking.

Considering all the NMT sets sold through (and I believe more in the pipeline), that must be x250 booksets sold, so you might sell a similar number of 977993 - @Adam1701D perhaps do the maths on tooling that roof and see if that works for a circa £45-£50 mk3 model….

I also wonder if doing the Colas HST cars in earlier liveries than the ex-EMR purple might garner more sales - Colas has ex-VTEC/LNER and ex-EMT Colas branded power cars back in 2020 (perhaps even slightly earlier).

Edited by JR_P
Minor typo

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, JR_P said:

I’d like to see additional mk3 coaches in NR yellow for the NMT - I know the two simplest have been done and the remainder are increasingly esoteric….

However, I wonder if the mk3 (977993) with the pantograph on the roof might be next easiest - would require a new roof tooling, but the window arrangement looks like a standard TGS vehicle.

Considering I’m about to pay £47 for a Farish mk2F in NR yellow, I’d pay a similar amount (perhaps even fractionally more) for 977993 with fully represented roof equipment - would bring the NMT up to three trailer vehicles which would make it a bit more credible looking.

Considering all the NMT sets sold through (and I believe more in the pipeline), that must be x250 booksets sold, so you might sell a similar number of 977993 - @Adam1701D perhaps do the maths on tooling that roof and see if that works for a circa £45-£50 mk3 model….

I also wonder if doing the Colas HST cars in earlier liveries than the ex-EMR purple might garner more sales - Colas has ex-VTEC/LNER and ex-EMT Colas branded power cars back in 2020 (perhaps even slightly earlier).

I have been having similar thoughts regarding 977993. Now we have a decent High-Speed pantograph on the way for the Class 87 we could see if the numbers stack up.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
On 28/10/2023 at 11:56, JR_P said:

ARX models (IIRC) often have them on eBay. Bit more than you specify, but they’re handmade. there was a 3D printed roof on Shapeways but the proportions weren’t great. I’ve done a 3D printed pantograph well which just needs you to cut a hole in the existing roof. Not perfect admittedly.