Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Radley Models

Arun Sharma

As the designer and owner of some of Phil Radley's later 4mm kits and most of his 7mm road and rail vehicle kits, it has taken just about a year to identify what belongs where from his estate.

This is no reflection on Phil, simply what could happen to any of us.

At some point soon, I will examine the 7mm scale kits that have been returned to me and see which are either in saleable condition or which need some additional items to bring them up to spec. 

I don't suppose that the forum administrators will look terribly kindly on me publishing a list [with/without prices]  on this forum somewhere down the line. However,  give it a couple of weeks and send me a PM if you want a list e-mailed to you.

Edited by Arun Sharma
addnl info
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Arun Sharma said:

I don't suppose that the forum administrators will look terribly kindly on me publishing a list [with/without prices]  somewhere down the line but give it a couple of weeks and send me a PM if you want a list e-mailed to you.

I've no problem with you uploading a price list here when you're ready Arun.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Jeff Smith said:

Phil's models certainly filled a gap in the LT world and hopefully some can be made available again.  My personal interest is obtaining a Standard Stock 1931/4 trailer.

I was working on a revised 1931 trailer for Phil which I still have. It would be up to the same higher standards as the 1926/27 trailer I did for him a few years ago. 

• Like 1

I wasn't initially interested in the 4mm  Cravens 1960 Tube stock, and missed it whilst Phil was still around. I did ask him sometime last year if he was going to rerun it at all.  So I'd be interested in a set if that were to reappear. 

I also have one of Phil's 7mm MetroVic bodies, nothing else, just the body. I was intending to try to scratch build the bogies, footplate, etc and source buffers, couplings and wheelsets myself with the aim of producing a static model, another unstarted project. But if anyone is going to restart making the MetroVic Bo-Bo in 7mm I'd be interested in getting the kit, but without the body, to complete it as a fully running model.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, GoingUnderground said:

I also have one of Phil's 7mm MetroVic bodies, nothing else, just the body. I was intending to try to scratch build the bogies, footplate, etc and source buffers, couplings and wheelsets myself with the aim of producing a static model, another unstarted project. But if anyone is going to restart making the MetroVic Bo-Bo in 7mm I'd be interested in getting the kit, but without the body, to complete it as a fully running model.

Does Ken de Groome still make them in brass? I was toying with the idea of modelling 7mm London Underground a few years ago and Ken's models caught my eye, but I decided to head off in a different direction. G0G members (which I am not) can probably see more information here: https://www.gaugeoguild.com/traders/traders_details.aspx?id=387

• 3 weeks later...

I will probably need to produce this listing in several parts . Firstly, everything here is 7mm. The few LT 4mm kits [such as the 1985 Battery Loco, Class 487 W&C Trailer and 1925 Standard stock DM] that I designed all sold out ages ago. That doesn't mean that they can't be resurrected but they are not available off the shelf.

Some of these 7mm models are only available singly, others I have several of. Since it is a clearance sale, prices could be negotiable. All models would be delivered by Royal Mail SD so think about adding about £6 to £10 to the prices.

Instructions sheets for these models are not included - they mostly all exist as pdf files [photographed blow by blow files] and will be sent to purchasers. 

I am a kit designer not a shop/website owner so BACS transfer or cheques are acceptable. Cards are not. 

Anyway:

7mm Railway Models:

1939BatteryLoco.JPG.6023265b2223fa1fe8d8f6fd1e840309.JPG1939 LT Battery Loco I have a couple of these at £180 each. Will be available from mid-Jan as I need to order sets of LW castings.

GRCW30Tdropsidewagon.jpg.ee1fb7274b4b7712acb2f12bd7259364.jpg

30Ton GRCW dropside Flat wagon. I have three of these at £70 each. Ideal vehicles to find behind LT pannier tanks on Croxley tip workings.

Class487DMSO.jpg.8c2975a4aa176de6a6afa9bccb12fcea.jpgThe Class 487 DMSO - operated as single cars on the Waterloo & City Railway in off peak hours. This represents the vehicles as post-1959 when they were given new LT-designed bogies. A couple available at £155 each.

• Like 4

Further to the above Railway Models there is one other railway kit:

Essentially a shorter 10Ton version of the 30T flat wagon shown above, there were only four prototypes built in 1930. One still exists in preservation at Quainton Road.

DSC_0009.JPG.4a66e2521befa00dbd3198141228fe22.JPG

Available at £35.

Most of the remaining kits are true 7mm scale road vehicles:

Staying with London Transport, there are two versions of the 1936 AEC Mercury/Monarch Tower Wagon which were found all over the tram and trolleybus network until 1962. Whilst the bodies of these vehicles are resin, the towers are entirely lost wax brass hence - so whilst a few are available off the shelf there might be a delay into the New Year before more are available.

Both retail at £110 each - because of the cost of the brass castings:

2-BayTowerWagon.jpg.7e11babb588bb3b10ce035024eb5d71a.jpg

3-Baytowerwagon.JPG.bc922a77a2d79f539960fa31691d0476.JPG

JCB Mk3C An unusual probably unique kit. Resin with lost wax brass elements. Ideal for scenarios involving coaling preserved  steam locos perhaps. This kit [as shown] doesn't have the 'backacter' which was always available as a separate kit when the model was first introduced. if required, these could be be resurrected.

Cost £120 and available immediately.

Greenline RF coach. A kit produced specifically for the enormous "Surburbiton" private layout, these 39 seater coaches were the mainstay of LT single deck one-person operation from 1951 to 1979. Cost £110.

JCB3C.JPG.2d0b867d26c2cbfcd3b0dbf66beec372.JPG

GreenlineRFcoach.JPG.39ac5cf52e2159d7b0780249ec3eb784.JPG

• Like 3

Road Vehicles Continued:

Bedford RL - a complex kit with lost wax, White metal, etched and resin components. However a waterslide decal sheet of formation signs is included! Cost £95 and available immediately.

BedfordRL.jpg.d240b23f9850817440ef842f3573cf93.jpg

I have a couple of variants of the Ford Thames Trader available.

The first is the basic dropside lorry at £50 which is largely resin though does include a vacform prototypical curved windscreen.

FordTTdropside.jpg.ef30cf028bc8fd7c8fd3b2d3f5ae49dc.jpgVirtually all of my road vehicle designs have full chassis detail so lend themselves to being rebodies should the mood take you.

The other available Ford TT is the crewcab workshop variant. I have included a photograph to show the chassis - so this could readily be rebodied as a long wheelbase dropside. The model is based on the preserved LT emergency breakdown tender so includes a couple of cab roof emergency beacons. Available off the shelf at £75.

FordTTcrewcabwagon.JPG.f558db1c8b1e65515ca00f2eff95cc5d.JPG

FordTTcrewcabunderside.JPG.2e24b8266ef07cee65ef1bc0957f0857.JPG

• Like 3