Accurascale Joins The ECC - CDA Icons On The Way

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

No, not the EEC, ECC!

Due to a deluge of requests from modellers, and to mark the recent withdrawal from service of the real wagons, we are delighted to announce an all new run of our beautiful CDA hopper wagons in the iconic English China Clay (ECC) livery as they first appeared in service in early 1988.

GEB_0151copy.jpg.a13ca48164eaf63804ff76ee1a6875d5.jpg

Can it get any more classic Cornwall than these?

Check out our launch blog of these wonderful wagons on our website: https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/we-join-the-ecc-original-liveried-cda-china-clay-wagons-on-the-way

GEB_0185copy.jpg.822e3167748900ac1b0e4ddbaa033f61.jpg

As you can see in the photos above, our CDA wagons feature a wealth of detail and crispness which signifies 'The Accurascale Way'. A diecast chassis, brass bearings and 26mm pinpoint axles means smooth running and excellent performance on your layout.

Particular attention has been paid to the detail differences over the traditional HAA wagons these were based on, such as the equipment at the wagon end, holes in the bodyside on one side, the underframe and of course, the hood/canopy.

Given the flexibility of our tooling we can also cater for those wagons as built as CDAs from new, as well as those converted from HAA hoppers, giving the modellers a true variety in their wagon rake.

GEB_0164copy.jpg.e0fae58cc4a3e148fc75d174e281b730.jpg

Tempted? At a price of just £79.95 for 3 wagons, and 10% off when you order two packs or more, why wouldn't you be? Remember, you can pre-order direct for no money down, or spread the cost between now delivery via our monthly payment plans via partial.ly for no extra cost!

As you can see, the decoration samples are complete and have been signed off, allowing for production to get underway. Pre-order yours via your local stockist, or direct below for a Q3 2024 delivery. 

More info: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/cda-china-clay

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 12
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Wagon Numbers.

I wondered, because the blurb says the tooling takes account of the difference between "as built" and "modified from HAA", so I wondered which pack was which. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, JohnR said:

I wondered, because the blurb says the tooling takes account of the difference between "as built" and "modified from HAA", so I wondered which pack was which. 

Pack C has 377124 listed, thats the only convert I see in the list.

A.

B.

C.

375124 - 1st HAA convert

D.

E.

• Informative/Useful 1

7 hours ago, JohnR said:

wondered, because the blurb says the tooling takes account of the difference between "as built" and "modified from HAA", so I wondered which pack was which.

I was thinking the same but reading the blurb again I think they’ve copied and pasted the text from the previous release which included the coal variant. For example…..

* Two styles of sprung buffer: Oleo (coal variants) and heavy duty (CDA)
* Three different chassis frame variants for HAA, HDA and CDA versions