Scaleforum 2010 Advance Tickets

Flymo748

...are now on sale!

How many of you have noticed that on the home page of the Scalefour Society's website, there is now the facility for both members and non-members alike to purchase tickets for Scaleforum 2010, held on 25 & 26 September at Leatherhead, in advance?

www.scalefour.org

post-3210-127874069267_thumb.jpg

Now is the perfect time to avoid that tedious wait in the entrance queue at the start of the day, as it means that you'll be able to whizz straight through without standing at the payment desk fumbling with a 50p piece.

If you click on "Tickets for members..." you will be taken straight through to a page where you can purchase your ticket through our normal, secure, on-line shop.

Not only that, but for members that are coming with as a group of four or more, you are able to purchase your tickets for the entire group in advance at the further discounted rate of only £3.50 each. Terms and conditions apply, so please read them carefully.

This discounted group rate will NOT be available on the day!

Non-members still have the advantage of being able to purchase tickets in advance , although they do not have access to the special group prices.

Unlike many on-line booking systems, the Scalefour Society has decided that you should not need to pay a booking fee or a credit card charge, so the price that you pay is exactly the same as you would pay on the day - except that it is more convenient!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to use the "Contact Form" that you will find on each page to ask.

See you at Scaleforum 2010!

Paul Willis

Marketing Manager

I'm still a OO man at the moment, but I'm trying to get "as scale and accurate" as OO will allow. The information presented for this show so far means that it'll be a must-attend for me... especially as it's one of those rare "real south-east" events.

I'll be getting my ticket soon.

Thanks for the info Paul

I'm still a OO man at the moment, but I'm trying to get "as scale and accurate" as OO will allow. The information presented for this show so far means that it'll be a must-attend for me... especially as it's one of those rare "real south-east" events.

I'll be getting my ticket soon.

Thanks for the info Paul

No problem - I'll put a layout listing on RMWeb soon so you get a further taster of what will be there.

And as well as the inspiration of the layouts, there will also be many finescale traders attending whose products are just as relevant for high quality modelling in OO as in P4.

We had a Committee meeting last night, and one of the things discussed was how we will ensure that those that have booked tickets in advance get the maximum benefit of it and don't suffer (much of) a queue to get in when the doors open. I caveat that, because if we sell 500 tickets in advance, just getting that many in will take a little time.

But we'll do everything possible to make sure that those that have put trust in us get the benefit.

Cheers

P.

are starting to fly out 'the door...Even to as far away as Australia.

And if you time your order just right i.e. just before I take the dog for a walk, your tickets may be posted within minutes of your order being received.

To order yours just click on either of these two links.

Tickets for Members

Tickets for Non-Members

See you at Scaleforum...

Danny Cockling

Membership Secretary

What is the latestin regards to the building works being carried out at the Leatherhead Sports Hall, have they finished or will you be using a reduced area again, as you were last year?

There has been much progress on the leisure centre. To previous visitors, it may be unrecognisable in some aspects, and it looks extremely smart.

There have been some changes since last year, and indeed work is still in progress. The Scalefour Society sent its roving reporter recently to visit, and he produced for us a storyboard of what a typical visitor will see.

It's the first time that I've tried attaching a pdf file on RMWeb so I hope that you can read it.

Scaleforum story board.pdf

If there are any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Closer to the time of the exhibition, I'll be happy to give further details as the precise arrangements firm up.

CheersScaleforum story board.pdf

Paul Willis

Marketing Manager

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Anyone noticed that Mostyn has been removed from the original Layout listing as published in the last scalefour news? Any one any ideas why? Getting a bit thin at only eight layouts!

Dave

Anyone noticed that Mostyn has been removed from the original Layout listing as published in the last scalefour news? Any one any ideas why? Getting a bit thin at only eight layouts!

That's a shame; I'd been hoping to see it in its new format.

• RMweb Gold

That's a shame; I'd been hoping to see it in its new format.

There's a cryptic comment about budgetary constraints and showing the layout as they wish in the latest Mostyn article.

Chris

There's a cryptic comment about budgetary constraints and showing the layout as they wish in the latest Mostyn article.

Chris

So that will be definitive then - always two sides to every story. Hopefully Flymo will return to give an official reason.

Frankly, I won't miss Mostyn. At Chatham, it was almost a cliche of BR in the 1980's. Huge fiddle yard with now't in it, (I only saw), two trains running in the three or so hours I was at the show, and all the operators looking grim, and/or disgruntled. A new incarnation of "Just like the real thing"?

• RMweb Gold

A new incarnation of "Just like the real thing"?

Not really - they now need more operators than the prototype ever did (10 :blink: ) :lol: - time for them to go to RailRoad and Co (or similar) methinks - but I digress.

Anyone noticed that Mostyn has been removed from the original Layout listing as published in the last Scalefour news? Any one any ideas why? Getting a bit thin at only eight layouts!

Unfortunately, the Mostyn team requested a number of late changes to how they wished to attend Scaleforum, and the Society was not able to accommodate these after the rest of the planning had been completed. Mostyn then decided that they did not want to accept the original invitation and withdrew.

We have Portchullin, the winner of the Scalefour Society's D&E Challenge, appearing in its place. You'll know it well from its appearances on RMWeb, and it keeps the Blue Diesel presence.

So there has been no overall reduction in the number of layouts attending. There are nine in P4, and a special guest layout in S Scale, in tribute to the S Scale Society's 64th anniversary:

Portchullin

Horsley Bank

Moor Street

St. Merryn

Rolvenden

Wheal Elizabeth

Brighton Road

Blackfriars Bridge

Matford

Bank Hall Sidings (S Scale)

I'll post a more complete description of these layouts in the coming weeks.

All the best,

Flymo

(Scalefour Society Deputy Chairman)

Unfortunately, the Mostyn team requested a number of late changes to how they wished to attend Scaleforum, and the Society was not able to accommodate these after the rest of the planning had been completed. Mostyn then decided that they did not want to accept the original invitation and withdrew.

A puzzling but obviously very carefully worded reply!

We have Portchullin, the winner of the Scalefour Society's D&E Challenge, appearing in its place. You'll know it well from its appearances on RMWeb, and it keeps the Blue Diesel presence.

That's worth the trip I think! Very atmospheric :)

Its unfortunate Mostyn still appears on the lineup in MRJ200, hopefully the next issue can correct that as it should be published a couple of weeks before the event.

Hi Craig,

The advertising copy date for MRJ 200 was 10th June, for articles it was in reality earlier than that and we didn't know that Mostyn wouldn't be coming until well after MRJ 200 went to bed.

All the Best

Danny

To return to the title of this thread:

Advance Tickets for Scaleforum are still available to purchase on-line; including discount tickets for groups.

Tickets for Members

Tickets for Non-Members

In addition, as Terry Bendall and I will be at Scalefour South West in Wells this coming weekend you will be able to buy advance tickets for Scaleforum direct from us at the Society stand.

See you there!

All the Best

Danny

• 4 weeks later...

There's now only three weeks left until Scaleforum 2010...

Time is fast running out if you would like to purchase advance tickets on-line to speed your entry into the show. Don't forget that these are valid for entry on both the Saturday and Sunday, and there is free entry to partners.

Tickets for Members

Tickets for Non-Members

This innovation for Scaleforum has already proved very popular with both members and non-members keen to make use of the facility.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Paul Willis

Deputy Chairman

As a supporting member of the Matford crew, I am currently busy putting a couple of locos through Kernow Works, plus a few items of rolling stock... ;)

Do tell... I didn't think that was *quite* your period.

For those not familiar with it, Matford is the most contemporary of the layouts at this year's Scaleforum, being set in the post-privatisation period of 2005/6.

Flymo

• RMweb Gold

Do tell... I didn't think that was *quite* your period

I am simply detailing and weathering a couple of locos and a small amount of rolling stock for John (Re6/6) and Pete, what with the other work they have on-going getting ready for the show... :)

For those not familiar with it, Matford is the most contemporary of the layouts at this year's Scaleforum, being set in the post-privatisation period of 2005/6

I sometimes jokingly say it is set at 5 minutes to midnight on 31st March 2006, just before the late lamented Wessex Trains was absorbed by FGW.... ;)

Seriously, John and Pete have done a whole lot of work on 'Matford' since it last appeared at Exeter in June, and we are all looking forward to the show and having a good play with the layout!

Archived