Oak Hill Works - 3D printed kits of industrial and pre grouping locos and rolling stock

BlueLightning

• RMweb Gold
On 27/12/2023 at 11:47, Skinnylinny said:

Very nice... but that's an LSWR horsebox, not an LBSC one! Don't get the two muddled up... :P

For those wondering, the render of the LBSC one (a Stroudley D53) looks like this: 

d904392c-ef49-4e3a-befa-6f4a2d988637.PNG.c8f17ff6353b34b9bd7d5e434d51a6f5.PNG

Duly noted.  

Still looking for Cambrian ones, and small cattle wagons for 1895.  I think when I get that far they will have to be scratch built.

Edited by ChrisN
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Skinnylinny said:

Very nice... but that's an LSWR horsebox, not an LBSC one! Don't get the two muddled up... :P

For those wondering, the render of the LBSC one (a Stroudley D53) looks like this:

Me? Get muddled up and post the wrong picture? I'd never do such a thing!! 😛

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Well I've got new kits coming for you all later this week, just waiting on a new, higher detailed printer to arrive! but in the meantime, I've got a sale on again! 10% off until the end of January! Can't let everyone have a sale and then expect my customers to pay full price 😜

Enjoy!

Gary

• Like 8

Great to see these kits back. I wonder if the 'Frys' steam sentinel might make a reappearance in your range. Went to buy it last year and discovered the demise of Hardys hobbies. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, taine said:

Great to see these kits back. I wonder if the 'Frys' steam sentinel might make a reappearance in your range. Went to buy it last year and discovered the demise of Hardys hobbies. 

I'll see what I can do for you.

Gary

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ordered one of the SECR van kits on Tuesday. It was waiting for me when I got home this evening. Fantastic service, thanks Gary. Had a quick look at the print, it really is very good and everything appears to have survived  the post intact. Just need to check if I've got some wheels for it in the drawer.

Very impressed, I'll be back for something else soon I dare say.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Pat,

Always good to hear the kits have made it in tact. I'd love to see it built! I must get around to sticking some transfers on mine so that I can  put some finished pictures on the website.

Gary

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've got some new kits just appeared on the website, and I've written a blog post with a quick overview of them all!

https://www.oakhillworks.co.uk/january-new-kit-releases/

Don't forget my January sale is still on, so there's 10% off everything, including these new kits!

Gary

Ruston 44DS

2023-12-2215_24_22.jpg.3056dd084ef1f21e45bad77fd897d655.jpg

Ruston 44DS Heinz version

2023-12-2215_23_55.jpg.85b980293dd7b521eed72dbd475ab895.jpg

Platform Details2024-01-1215_24_34.jpg.231b3a00bc64c3a551d7e5e0b61da92e.jpg

LSWR Carriage Truck2024-01-1215_10_45.jpg.b081a402202c20969d281934983dd5bf.jpg

LCDR Open Wagon2024-01-1215_10_35.jpg.4ea1a28126d0e8f0dbe6ce39c245e396.jpg

LSWR Horse Box2024-01-1215_10_17.jpg.943fb37c0db832363754bd643eb5df28.jpg

LBSCR Horse Box2024-01-1215_09_33.jpg.53ae8f150a55b5e34c317953c3cb3e3b.jpg

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Glad you are happy with them, nice to see them in a rake.

42 minutes ago, Pete Haitch said:

Are the buffers included with the horsebox available as a separate Item?

I'm sure we can arrange something, I'll have a word with Linny and sort something out.

Gary

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, BlueLightning said:

Glad you are happy with them, nice to see them in a rake.

I'm sure we can arrange something, I'll have a word with Linny and sort something out.

Gary

Thanks Gary, that is good news as by the time I had taken the horse box out of the pouch I was already down to three buffers! Pete.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Pete Haitch said:

Thanks Gary, that is good news as by the time I had taken the horse box out of the pouch I was already down to three buffers! Pete.

Linny and I have come to an agreement for selling the buffers as a separate item, they'll be up on the website soon, in a bulk pack so you'll have some spares to replace that one (and I'll try and remember when I see your name in the orders to stick an extra one in as well)

Gary

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Pete Haitch said:

2 hours ago, BlueLightning said:

Linny and I have come to an agreement for selling the buffers as a separate item, they'll be up on the website soon, in a bulk pack so you'll have some spares to replace that one (and I'll try and remember when I see your name in the orders to stick an extra one in as well)

Gary

I thought I had only three, but one was stuck to the inside of the horsebox.

Just saying.

Edited by ChrisN
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, ChrisN said:

Just saying.

See, putting the kits into individual bags was my idea to try and prevent this, hopefully it at least minimises it.

Gary

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, ChrisN said:

Just saying.

The three I have were stuck to the inside of the roof and I used a cocktail stick to work them free- I suspect that the fourth one was as well  but had come away before I realised that was where they were. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I ordered one of the Brighton horseboxes on Wednesday evening, and it arrived today - that's impressive service!

I've not built anything from a resin 3d printer before - does the surface need any preparation before priming?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thank you for you purchase, I'm glad you are pleased with the service

2 hours ago, Nick C said:

does the surface need any preparation before priming?

Theoretically no, it has a wash in some isopropyl alcohol before leaving me, but a quick wash with some soapy water if there is any left over residue wouldn't hurt.

Gary

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Chris,

I always give them a spray with Halford's Plastic primer before painting. Although I have done it without before, but I do think you get better results with primer.

Gary

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

20240305_202051.jpg.a479bf43ab384f136ea569af9ea3c9af.jpg

Probably the only item of Stroudley rolling stock to gain BR livery, S3370, the Isle of Wight horsebox, rarely moved from a siding at Yarmouth for the last few years.

Does anyone know of any photos of the other side to confirm whether the lettering was in the same place?

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Nick C said:

20240305_202051.jpg.a479bf43ab384f136ea569af9ea3c9af.jpg

Probably the only item of Stroudley rolling stock to gain BR livery, S3370, the Isle of Wight horsebox, rarely moved from a siding at Yarmouth for the last few years.

Does anyone know of any photos of the other side to confirm whether the lettering was in the same place?

Looks fantastic! I always love seeing the the kits built up and painted out in the wild, unfortunately I don't think I have a photo of that particular one at all, never mind the other side.

Gary

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm currently waiting for LSWR transfers for the horsebox and thought I would order another to finish in sage green.  Before I do, I was wondering how the D1508 LSWR cattle wagon test print was going and whether these would be available at some point?

Rabits 2.jpg

• Like 5