LT Steam Loco transfers in 4mm

Fair Oak Junction

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Premium

As far as I know there are issues with getting orders from Modelmaster, so at the moment it seems like a no go on the lining/non-pannier front.

Thanks for the info though. I might put this on the back burner for now and see what happens in the future 👍

Edited by Fair Oak Junction

• RMweb Premium

For what it is worth, Peters Spares have an image of the Modelmaster pannier tank lining sheet, and although it is out of stock, you can take the option "email me etc..." , that is if the sheet would be useful.

https://www.petersspares.com/p/modelmaster-98051-london-transport-lining-only-oo-gauge-transfers

At least we can see what you would get!

Steve

• Informative/Useful 1

I have the remnants of two 9805 sets which had basic straight and corner lining plus a few shapes unrelated to panniers.  Plus some loco numbers but not a complete set of ex-Metropolitan and panniers.

Panniers just need one large number for the back and two small ones for the cab sides - but E and F classes need three large ones.  I also have 9808 which is yellow LONDON TRANSPORT which is appropriate for the panniers but from photographic evidence the ex-Metro locos had yellow numbers but probably gold LONDON TRANSPORT.  A colour photo of Pecket L53 is definitely gold.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

The fleetname was in gold lined black o the steam locos. the real thing used the same transfer as the buses..I may have some F class transfer sheets from the days I produced kits. But they won't have all the numbers, just those appertaining to the  class, along with lining. I also have about 20 F class body kits available.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, roythebus1 said:

The fleetname was in gold lined black o the steam locos. the real thing used the same transfer as the buses..I may have some F class transfer sheets from the days I produced kits. But they won't have all the numbers, just those appertaining to the  class, along with lining. I also have about 20 F class body kits available.

Very interesting, thanks for the heads up. I may well get in touch with you in the future then 👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anyone describe the contents of Modelmaster 4M4086 and 4R9805?  I'm looking for the large yellow F Class LT numbers, L49, L50, L51 or L52.  Unfortunately you need three to go on the bunker and the tanks.

• 3 weeks later...