Trainlines of Derby

griffgriff

• RMweb Premium

Also Alf Goodere on Nightingale Road sold Model Railway equipment, as did 'The White House' department store on Babington Lane............... memoriesblink.gif

Anymore?

as did 'The White House' department store on Babington Lane
<BR>Got a 9F from there when they were winding down in the early '70s. <BR><BR>If we are getting into department stores which sold model railways, don't forget Ranby's in Victoria Street, also Zodiac Toys just round the corner near the Black Prince.

• RMweb Premium

<BR>Got a 9F from there when they were winding down in the early '70s. <BR><BR>If we are getting into department stores which sold model railways, don't forget Ranby's in Victoria Street, also Zodiac Toys just round the corner near the Black Prince.

Oh I forgot 'Golden Gains' in Albert Street and then the Wardwick. + we had a Beatties briefly biggrin.gif

Didn't there used to be a shop (the post office or near to it?) in the shopping centre (Park Farms centre?) in Allestree that sold model railways at one point?

Sorry i'm so vague, it's been a heck of a while since i've even been to Allestree!

Cheers,

John E.

Didn't there used to be a shop (the post office or near to it?) in the shopping centre (Park Farms centre?) in Allestree that sold model railways at one point?

Sorry i'm so vague, it's been a heck of a while since i've even been to Allestree!

Cheers,

John E.

Ahh, the Post Office at Park Farm (note Park Farm, only one), run by the Dad of Chris Perry who was in my year at school. Many a weekend I walked over the hill along Birchover Way to spend 96p on a series 4 Airfix kit (series 1 28p, series 2 48p, series 5 £1.15, that's about all I can remember). Never bought much railway stuff there; it was all tanks, warships, Napoleonic soldiers etc.

• RMweb Premium

Anyone planning on popping into Trainlines to bag a bargain, Chris is going to be shut for the next two weeks whilst he moves home, not the business, to North Wales.

• 2 months later...

Hi

Just to make everyone aware and hopefully save any wasted journeys, the shop closed on Thursday 7th October.

A new mail order address will be added to the website at a later date.

Cheers

Phil

Archived