Model Checkerplate from household waste

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Who wants to hazard a guess as to what this is? It’s a household waste product that I’ve either binned or recycled loads of in the past but makes perfect checkerplate. 

IMG_1766.jpeg.787b2887124642a5fac0c73be3e547cf.jpeg

Edited by Dagworth
  • Like 1

• Dagworth changed the title to Model Checkerplate from household waste
  • RMweb Gold

A hint, the photo is not painted in any way, the checkerplate looking part is actually aluminium and textured. 

Unfortunately it doesn’t come in very big bits but would be ideal for kickplates on loco doors etc. 

I'll put the photo up that shows what is is tomorrow :)

Andi

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

Blister packs from pills?

It is. Helpfully the plastic backing seems to be affected by MEK too 

IMG_1767.jpeg.ffc8b1aa6b129351c14e71895d46d17b.jpeg

Andi

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Dagworth said:

It is. Helpfully the plastic backing seems to be affected by MEK too

I thought it looked familiar as I'd just been popping my daily dose, plus a feline one for Kato as his cystitis has flared up again.  Fortunately the cat capsule is a sprinkle on the food job - he's as accommodating as a Dalek with a migraine if you try to give him a tablet🙄

• Friendly/supportive 6

On 09/01/2024 at 00:01, Dagworth said:

Who wants to hazard a guess as to what this is? It’s a household waste product that I’ve either binned or recycled loads of in the past but makes perfect checkerplate. 

Brilliant, my sort of recycling. It would also be good for manhole covers in roads/pavements.

Another household waste material that I have been accumulating are the handles from cheap disposable razors, the yellow handled sort sold in multi packs in your local supermarket. The ones I have are of rectangular section, 3.5 inches long and have longitudinal grooves similar to the texture on columns for high end buildings:

IMG_0353.jpeg.49ef57d240d4becec9b5059f5ec2cc58.jpeg

The texture isn’t too clear in this image and I haven’t yet decided on a possible model building to decorate with them. They may also be useful for pillars supporting bridges or awnings.

Exercise extreme caution removing the blade holder. 

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1