BBC North West Tonight. Hattons and Widnes Model Centre

Not sure if this is in the right place.

Yesterday, Friday 26th January 2024, a BBC tv crew visited Hattons and ourselves re the condition of the model railway industry. This will be available to viewers in the north west and surrounding area.

Will be advised of the date it is being aired. We were usurped by a certain Liverpool FC manager announcing his retirement…….

Don’t ask me what was said as l had to stand outside to prevent anyone coming in!

Just hope my wife, Gill and son Tom did okay.

IMG_0463.jpeg

IMG_0462.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators

Do let us know when it shows Barry so we can track it down.

Did Gill suggest you went outside? 🤔😉

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Widnes Model Centre said:

Don’t ask me what was said as l had to stand outside to prevent anyone coming in!

Based on my dealings previously with TV people, I doubt that you had an awful lot of say in how, or what they wanted to do.  But it does strike me as a bit unfortunate that people were prevented from coming in.

Is it that having people in the shop wouldn't fit their narrative that model railways are in decline?  I really do hope that that wasn’t their intention.  

It’ll be interesting to see how this is presented in the final broadcast piece.

This was posted by @iL Dottore this morning on the Early Risers thread.  It’s a really interesting read IMHO;

https://thecritic.co.uk/death-of-the-model-railway/

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, 4630 said:

Based on my dealings previously with TV people, I doubt that you had an awful lot of say in how, or what they wanted to do.  But it does strike me as a bit unfortunate that people were prevented from coming in.

Is it that having people in the shop wouldn't fit their narrative that model railways are in decline?  I really do hope that that wasn’t their intention.  

It’ll be interesting to see how this is presented in the final broadcast piece.

This was posted by @iL Dottore this morning on the Early Risers thread.  It’s a really interesting read IMHO;

https://thecritic.co.uk/death-of-the-model-railway/

They came after we had closed but we were expecting a delivery. Didn't want the courier complaining about why he was late.

They had hoped to be there earlier and speak to customers, especially young customers. 

No customers were hurt during filming. 

Edited by Widnes Model Centre
Spelling
  • Like 6
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Widnes Model Centre said:

Yesterday, Friday 26th January 2024, a BBC tv crew visited Hattons and ourselves re the condition of the model railway industry. This will be available to viewers in the north west and surrounding area.

Will be advised of the date it is being aired.

The regional news programmes are available to everyone on BBC iplayer but only for 24 hours after broadcast. Plus if you have Sky you can tune in live to the programme, or set it to record once the time is known.  BBC North West is on Sky channel 953 if your box is tuned to a different area. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

12 hours ago, RFS said:

The regional news programmes are available to everyone on BBC iplayer but only for 24 hours after broadcast. Plus if you have Sky you can tune in live to the programme, or set it to record once the time is known.  BBC North West is on Sky channel 953 if your box is tuned to a different area. 

Also Freesat 953. Possibly will be on the BBC website as well.