IRM NIR Mk2 Coaches

Darius43

• RMweb Gold

Darius,

Indeed stunning models from the get go and the door board in Enterprise livery is a great touch. 

It will be fun to add light weathering and some of the add on parts supplied. 

I had forgotten to order the blue/grey buffet pack so sorted this am and already told its is being sent out. It was your first two phots that reminded me to act, and given some packs already sold out at warehouse then I think we will see some great long trains and 111s soon. 

• Like 3

Lovely coaches Darius, I'm jealous because I'm still waiting delivery since ordering in Sept 2021.

I know it’s hard to judge colours looking at photographs, when I did mine way back using the MIR brass sides the paint recommended for the ‘blue’ was MIR9 NIR Light blue. The blue on your photographs looks a darker shade nearer the MIR1 NIR Intercity blue.  I hope I’m wrong because they look fantastic otherwise.

Patience is a virtue, mine will arrive someday.

Edited by kirley

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 14/02/2024 at 10:09, kirley said:

I know it’s hard to judge colours looking at photographs, when I did mine way back using the MIR brass sides the paint recommended for the ‘blue’ was MIR9 NIR Light blue. The blue on your photographs looks a darker shade nearer the MIR1 NIR Intercity blue.  I hope I’m wrong because they look fantastic otherwise.

Sadly, I think you might be right.

IRM coaches with Murphy Models loco.

20240207_102902.jpg.977e3e229ecd6af4c9dacebfb7ca6261.jpg

The prototype.

DoubledHeadedGM101102Belfast810202.jpg.6231948132a5344ba217e82cb96e1f52.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1