The National Festival of Railway Modelling - NEC 23/24 November 2024

AY Mod

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Ally Pally show (same organisers) which is now less than four weeks away has no thread for it at all.

I'll get round to it, it's been a busy month. It's in the Exhibition Calendar and all the layout and other information is on the Ally Pally menu tab at the top of every page.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Well done Warners and you Andy.

Any chance of Kirtley Bridge getting an invite to NEC in November 2024? Would love to spread the O gauge gospel to yet more potential modellers 😉. Best wishes, Bob

IMG_8483.jpeg.3f9b617deb84b1b79e9a23bf0955f689.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I assume that Warners have some planning already done with a club or group of individuals to provide stewarding, etc as I don’t believe they have a lot of their own staff to do these things. Am I right in that all of their other shows are done in conjunction with a local club? Given that Warley club stepped down from running this is there another club locally that is stepping up?

Dave

• Moderators
On 07/04/2024 at 08:00, Southernfrance said:

I assume that Warners have some planning already done with a club or group of individuals to provide stewarding, etc as I don’t believe they have a lot of their own staff to do these things.

Don't worry, all in hand.

• Like 1

That’s good to hear. It must be quite an effort to get something up and running from scratch in nine months. Hopefully you’ll be able to get a good selection of layouts and traders, if none have been invited already.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes…..

Dave

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Southernfrance said:

That’s good to hear. It must be quite an effort to get something up and running from scratch in nine months. Hopefully you’ll be able to get a good selection of layouts and traders, if none have been invited already.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes…..

Dave

As mentioned on at least one layout thread, layouts have been invited already, and the trade is being booked. If we hadn't started by now, we would be in trouble!

Don't forget, we already run three successful shows, so this is the same, but a bit bigger.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

layouts have been invited already

Not all done yet; we're starting with core content and the right balance and we'll move onwards from there so if you've stuck your hand up and not heard yet; don't panic. The same with trade and then we'll move onto societies etc.; it's easier to play Tetris one block at a time.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 17/02/2024 at 18:28, John M Upton said:

Curious how this show which is not for another eight months is generating healthy debate and yet the Ally Pally show (same organisers) which is now less than four weeks away has no thread for it at all.

As someone firmly planted on the south coast, the NEC is just that bit too far a trek so for me the Ally Pally show is my main one.  I do hope that the new Warnley does not replace any of the other shows in Warners line up like Bristol did replacing Peterborough a couple of years back.

The ending of the Peterborough show was a great loss as it was always a cracking show but sadly all the Warners shows are way out of my range for travelling and I’d given up on the NEC as it was out of my range financially and sadly physically. 

On 17/02/2024 at 18:28, John M Upton said:

I do hope that the new Warnley does not replace any of the other shows in Warners line up like Bristol did replacing Peterborough a couple of years back.

Peterborough was lost due to the venue closing. Therefore they didn't replace it with Bristol because they specifically wanted to.

• Agree 2