Larkrail International Festival of Railways and Byways 2024

queensquare

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

With just a couple of months to go we thought it was probably about time we started the ball rolling with a new thread. As this years title suggests, we have a fantastic, International line up this year with not only exhibits from all corners of the British Isles but also Denmark, France, Japan and the Lebanon - plus two from the depths of the Forest of Dean!

Despite the enhanced cosmopolitan and international flavour the general format remains unchanged. Top class modelling, jolly banter, tea and cake.

This years charities will again be Julian House in Bath and Parkinsons uk. Last year, thanks to the fantastic efforts of everyone involved, we managed to raise over £800 - not bad for such a small, but perfectly formed show.

Exactly what will be at this years Larkrail is currently being finalised in a series of high level meetings being held by the steering committee and all, well most, will be revealed over the coming weeks. Suffice to say, for now, put July 13 in your diary.

Many thanks to Adrian Colenutt for the picture of Longwood Edge and Andy York for again working his magic on it to create the poster.

Kim, Jerry and Simon

Larkrail2024copy.jpg.3a28044124d42ae98a028e35c001b406.jpg

Edited by queensquare
  • Like 5
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold

I like the title!   But no mention of cakes in the banner!!!! Luckily the poster keeps up the pretense that this is an undercover cake show and tell operation masked by brilliant layouts and learned chat.  

I have booked day off already 

I have a 4 foot by 1 foot N gauge layout Poldeen  if of use as a corner filler.

Robert   

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Splendid news. 

One of my favourite shows and arguably one of THE best. 

Rob. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

All details are now being finalised by the administrative maestro that is Jerry(!)

I visited Matt this morning to discuss getting his layout "Les Caves du Roy"down to Larkhall on the 13th July. The subject is unusual to say the least, and I can honestly say that Matt has created one of the best and most visually striking model railways that I have ever seen in my life. Easily up there with Gravett, Rice and any other of the many talented individuals that grace this hobby.

I won't steal Matt's thunder, and he is working on a few final details that will really bring the whole scene to life, but here are a couple of snaps to whet your appetite.:

New-1(157).jpg.4e28de85e24be7968a78ae0bd1041dea.jpgNew-1(158).jpg.273a332281a7f8d2d4b20963201d92db.jpg

See you there!

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
On 20/04/2024 at 09:07, Robert Shrives said:

But no mention of cakes in the banner!!!!

Larkrail International Festival of Railways and Byways, (and cake), 2024

Great idea, I already have booked the day off. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 27/04/2024 at 14:17, Not Jeremy said:

I visited Matt this morning to discuss getting his layout "Les Caves du Roy"down to Larkhall on the 13th July.

The subject is unusual to say the least, and I can honestly say that Matt has created one of the best and most visually striking model railways that I have ever seen in my life. Easily up there with Gravett, Rice and any other of the many talented individuals that grace this hobby.

I must point out that Simon was under the influence of a very strong double espresso so I am very dubious of his claims to say the least!

• Funny 1