BRM June + Traction. ON SALE NOW!

• Members
Posted (edited)

The 180-page June issue of BRM is available to download as a Digital Edition as part of our amazing value World of Railways Plus membership. Not only do you get this issue of BRM, but you also get a mass of extra benefits, including a vast magazine archive and a free ticket to a Warners show of your choice EVERY year. Click here to become a member and access BRM June.

You can also download it as a single issue or part of a subscription by clicking here.

The print edition is available to purchase from leading supermarkets, newsagents and WHSmiths stores from May 17th! You can also purchase direct from us for just £5.49 with FREE UK postage. Click here.

Or, subscribe and pay just £4.23 an issue! Click here to subscribe.

World of Railways TV - only available to digital edition readers and print subscribers.
In this latest issue of World of Railways TV, we watch the trains go by on our cover layout, The Viaduct, Phil Parker demonstrates a simple technique for painting bricks on model buildings, plus Tony Wright puts the new Hornby P2 with steam generator to the test.

Sit back, relax, pop the kettle on, and enjoy the latest instalment of World of Railways TV.

What’s Inside BRM June…

FOUR FANTASTIC LAYOUTS
* The Viaduct (N)
* Longmorn (OO)
* Bakewell Street (O)
* Foxbury (3mm)

PRACTICAL ADVICE
* How to ballast 009 track
* Weathering a steam loco: top tips
* Enhance your buildings
* Adding details to a RTR locomotive
* Create a steam-era bus stop
* Modelling a coal staithe
* How to build a truss bridge

PLUS
* Traction magazine: Driving Class 47s, a day at Crewe, plus much more…
* Reviews of the new Hornby Class P2 with steam generator, Revolution Class 59/0, Rapido 1907 RCH open wagons, plus much more
* History of the Class B1 explored
* A round-up of the latest headlines from the model railway world

Enjoy the issue!

p001_BRMJun24.jpg

4.png

34.png

48.png

154.png

p075_BRMJun24.jpg

Edited by keeley tansley
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Looks a fun issue!

The Traction mag feature here makes me feel old - when I was first reading the mag back in the late 90s & 00's, alongside the fascinating old stories from the BR days, they'd occasionally have a current-day section at the front with key workings that month - now enough time has passed that a '67' has made the cover itself - where has the time gone 😂

Off to stock up on the Werther's now...!

Cheers

James

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, James Makin said:

The Traction mag feature here makes me feel old  .... now enough time has passed that a '67' has made the cover itself

And here's me thinking "that's a bit modern". 🤔

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

And here's me thinking "that's a bit modern". 🤔

That was my first thought, too.  But it was May 2000, 24 vanished years ago, when I made the effort to catch their fleeting appearance on the overnight mails at Bristol TM.  I hadn't even got a digital camera back then! 😳

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

"That's a bit modern" - a quarter of a century ago. It's a question I've asked myself over the years I've been editor. At what stage is something eligible to be included in Traction? Given that the chances of seeing 67s on scheduled passenger services are almost certainly past I think there's a place for them in Traction's pages.

By the way I'm just back from a trip on the West Highland Oban line - Class 156s on full power, windows open and jointed track - what a auditory experience. I guess another few years and they'll be replaced with battery multiple units. Perhaps the 156s will be mourned by enthusiast after they're gone!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

Impressed to see a non-British modelling subject in there.👍

Are you all donning tin hats & taking cover...? 😂🤔😉

Yes.

• Funny 1