Caley "Pug" vs NBR Y9?

Always loved these little locos, and would like a Y9 in 7mm.

Slaters do the Caley version, so how much difference is there between the two, and is a conversion feasible?

I can't give you information on the comparison, but attach 3 pages of the Slater's CR pug instruction leaflet, showing the beginnings as an industrial pug, then both CR & NB.  Sorry, don't know how to rotate them.image1.jpeg.ea5a3079390e5f37017020301d234cf2.jpegimage1.jpeg.ea5a3079390e5f37017020301d234cf2.jpeg

image0.jpeg.9d750f563f147a0ff5f17e8ceaff9bc4.jpeg

image2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The NBR version was more like the industrial one, the main differences being chimney and cab as far as I can see.

I have drawings of the NBR loco from October '67 Model Railway News, which I won't post here but would be happy to PM you.

• Like 1

I think the Industrial version the kit is based on is Kelton Fell.

You can probably see the differences between the two here. I assume it's got an etch for the earlier cab. The drawing above suggest so.

https://preservedbritishsteamlocomotives.com/neilson-co-works-no-2203-ncb-no-13-kelton-fell-0-4-0st/

https://preservedbritishsteamlocomotives.com/68095-nbr-42-lner-9042-br-68095/

Jason

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

What's the mighty beastie to the right of it, please?

It's a long boiler Manning Wardle, never actually built but there were drawings!

Edited by Barclay
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Barclay said:

The NBR version was more like the industrial one, the main differences being chimney and cab as far as I can see.

I have drawings of the NBR loco from October '67 Model Railway News, which I won't post here but would be happy to PM you.

Yes please.

• Like 1

On 19/05/2024 at 23:04, duncan said:

Sorry, don't know how to rotate them.

Doesn't everyone simply turn their latpop on its side, handy devices with a screen settable at right angles to the keyboard. How I loved my first potlap for this capability when the internet was young and there wasn't the s/w to spin scans of 'the problem' around...

On 20/05/2024 at 15:41, Barclay said:

Received, with thanks, but my device "can't open this file"

🤔