Immingham TMD

magic_monkey09

• 3 weeks later...

040 looks right at home on shed MM, especially as the real one is working off IM at the moment. You will have to get a model of 099 seeing as Scunny is just down the road!

Might even be tempted to get one myself!

Have you done any further work on the shed?

aye 040 is a regular in the North East, havn't seen it down my way since it first got re-painted <_< finally managed to pick up the Hornby model but paid the price for waiting too!! these things are hotter than the REX's 074 and 081 :lol:

I might have a go at respraying my Mainline 078 in the new Tata colours once Precision do the decals for it, havn't done much in the way of repaints before mind so it'll be a learning curve that's for sure.

No new work on the depot lately, just waiting to pick up some plasticard to do the sides and roof, managed to pick up some roof vents off ebay though! nabbed from the old Hornby HST shed kit!! :lol: All in good time my friend B)

• 1 month later...

Good work on 040 MM, nice weathering. It really brings out the model and she looks superb sitting outside the shed. Our one still is in the box and needs weathering but that will have to wait until next year.

What has happened to Immingham shed? :blink: :O :huh: It isn’t being knocked down is it?!!

The other night I found a few clips on Youtube of depot visits from the late 80s and early 90s. 31s, 37s, 47s, 56s and 60s all of which would look rather nice sat at your depot. :D

Very nice work on the depot and locos.

Are they sound chipped?

Another one to keep an eye on :D

Simon

thanks simon, some are sound equipped, some aren't.

The following are sound equipped:

hoping to have the whole EWS diesel fleet fitted one day

Good work on 040 MM, nice weathering. It really brings out the model and she looks superb sitting outside the shed. Our one still is in the box and needs weathering but that will have to wait until next year.

What has happened to Immingham shed? :blink: :O :huh: It isn’t being knocked down is it?!!

The other night I found a few clips on Youtube of depot visits from the late 80s and early 90s. 31s, 37s, 47s, 56s and 60s all of which would look rather nice sat at your depot. :D

thanks grimely, not to worry im not demoloshing it, where it is currently sat is only a temporary baseboard for it (its all bluetacked/balanced in place for photogenic purposes) I have been meaning to get a suitable baseboard for it I just havn't got round to it yet :lol: been too busy mucking about with the stock :lol:

I beleive the doors were different in the early 90's meaning i'd struggle to pull off stabling a Dutch 31 on shed :lol: The new roller shutter doors i believe were either fitted just before or during privatisation when Immingham fell into the hands of Loadhaul.

Not sure how I have managed to miss so many of your updates recently, seen the gallery photos which look very good but it is nice to read your updates in detail and you have done a cracking job on the depot building and the lighting as well is a nice touch. I am very impressed with your work with your new airbursh, what do you use? 60040 looks very good and the underframes on both the 66 and 60 look especially well done. Keep up the good work and I must ensure I keep following your work more closely.

thanks,

Mark

Hi

Very good weathering on 60040, especially around the silencer B)

I was wondering if the baseboard the layout has been based on previously would be its permenant home as isnt it connected to your other layout that features in your gallery section?

Regards

Lewis

The board i have been photograhing it on is actually where my loft layouts fiddle yard used to be :lol:

Not sure how I have managed to miss so many of your updates recently, seen the gallery photos which look very good but it is nice to read your updates in detail and you have done a cracking job on the depot building and the lighting as well is a nice touch. I am very impressed with your work with your new airbursh, what do you use? 60040 looks very good and the underframes on both the 66 and 60 look especially well done. Keep up the good work and I must ensure I keep following your work more closely.

thanks,

Mark

thanks mark, I use the expo tools airbrush and compressor kit. The underframes on the 60 and 66 are weathered with Railmatch frame dirt applied with said airbrush then have had oil stains and grease marks added using powders.

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst my plans for the next stage of Immingham remain stationary i thought instead of wasting time getting frustrated and fussing over not getting any work done i'd have a little modelling time and just try out some different ideas on some of my stock. Having focused alot on class 60's over the recent months my focus has once again turned to my favourite class, the 37! :D This all ties in with my recent visit to Warely where i ended up coming across some handsomely priced Bachmann EWS tractors!! much to my delight :) anyway i have set about to renumber them as I don't want them all as 37411. :lol: I dont know if anybody else has had this problem but I find when it comes to re-numbering EWS 37's there isn't really much of an option, both Fox and ModelMaster decals are unsuitable for me mainly because fox's are too pink for my liking and model master's are overscale. :rolleyes: This got me thinking perhaps i could print my own transfers using Microsoft word and water-slide decal paper which i acquired over the internet. Low and behold i had a crack at it and managed to pull off some reasonable looking EWS transfers that are the right colour and size i want. :) Here's a pic of what they look like on a 37/4 body: (hence the ETH equipment on a 37/5)

post-5606-039832500 1291603983_thumb.jpg

(ps I havnt varnished them in place as they are only a tester) Also in the pic you may be able to see that i have had a go at modelling 'Cast bogies' which i took from an old deltic chassis and re-attatched onto a 37 one

Thats not a bad looking model of 668 MM - especially modelling the CP7's which a lot of people don't bother with especially if they replicate a heavyweight or a refurbed one.

It needs dirtyfying now! ;)

If you are doing more grids - don't forget the 40B shed plate sticker on each end of the loco! (do Fox do them?)

If you are doing more grids - don't forget the 40B shed plate sticker on each end of the loco! (do Fox do them?)

Modelmaster decals in Scotland do them, etched ones, I think they are the former Jackson Evans ones? I have a couple on my Tug 021 'Star of The East'

SImon

Thats not a bad looking model of 668 MM - especially modelling the CP7's which a lot of people don't bother with especially if they replicate a heavyweight or a refurbed one.

It needs dirtyfying now! ;)

thanks Big T, Ive always wanted to model CP7 bogies but didn't think Bachmann did them, it came as a shock to me when i found out that their Deltics carry them! :lol: 668 doesnt actually carry CP7 bogies, this chassis it is currently sitting on is for 419 which i will also be doing next. I will also be focusing in on closer details such as brake chains and reinforced window frames.

37668 looks very good-although the transfers are homemade you cant really tell the difference from the offering of Fox transfers. How many other 37s did you buy? :)

thanks Arpley Modeller, :D positive feedback is always welcomed B) I wouldn't be suprised if the decal paper i used was the same as fox's as it has the same light blue backing paper. I managed to pick up 3 models of 37411 'ty Hafan' at Warely ;) these are becoming increasingly hard to find now especially at decent prices .

• 7 months later...

Been a while since I last updated this thread, Havn't got much work done but here's a few pics to share anyway. <_< Ive finally started to get some track laid out,cut to shape and joined up :yahoo: not finished yet but its good to get some work done on the depot after a long time putting it off. The TMD isn't finished either, still needs more plasticard, roof vents and handrails added. The to-do list is still quite long but things will hopefully be back on the move :yes:

post-5606-0-33880400-1310085534_thumb.jpg

post-5606-0-80114600-1310085634_thumb.jpg

post-5606-0-32968800-1310085711_thumb.jpg

post-5606-0-92683000-1310085789_thumb.jpg

post-5606-0-44776400-1310085894_thumb.jpg

post-5606-0-77575000-1310085979_thumb.jpg

post-5606-0-37726500-1310086065_thumb.jpg

post-5606-0-66772300-1310086161_thumb.jpg

post-5606-0-67954300-1310086245_thumb.jpg

post-5606-0-76756500-1310086326_thumb.jpg

post-5606-0-65636900-1310086406_thumb.jpg

post-5606-0-86993600-1310086478_thumb.jpg