Creative Photography (Railway Related)

Ian J.

Rugby 1978.

rugby_1280_rp.jpg

Martin.

Perfection! Every time I see a photo like this I want to build a model of Rugby in the '70s.... it'll probably never happen but it's the thought that counts ;) .

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Perfection! Every time I see a photo like this I want to build a model of Rugby in the '70s.... it'll probably never happen but it's the thought that counts ;) .

Thanks.

The same day:

post-1103-0-85326400-1449671768.jpg

This one shows the same platform trolley:

post-1103-0-84855400-1404580660.jpg

Martin.

• Like 3

Might well be the same trolley Martin, but the colour shot with the 31s is at the south end, your (extremely fabulous) b&w shot shows the north end.... north end shot shows nos. 3,4,5 and 6 bays, while the south end shot shows the two engine sidings between 7 and 8 bay  ;) 

• RMweb Gold

Might well be the same trolley Martin, but the colour shot with the 31s is at the south end, your (extremely fabulous) b&w shot shows the north end.... north end shot shows nos. 3,4,5 and 6 bays, while the south end shot shows the two engine sidings between 7 and 8 bay  ;)

Also it is raining at one end of the station, and sunny at the other. smile.gif

I have a few more b&w pics taken that day. Not especially creative, so I will post them in a separate topic shortly.

Martin.

• Like 1

Rugby 1978 again.

rugby_1978_10.jpg

Once again Martin you've hit the sweet spot firmly on the head! Looking at this photo I can almost hear the wind whistling through the vast 'train shed' and the creaking of the station nameboards hanging from the girders. I must have sat on those hydraulic buffers hundreds of times as a nipper. The 'rubbish bin' open wagon in 4 bay with the tail lamp plonked next to it on the platform is the icing on the cake.... looking forward to seeing more of these fabulous shots!

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Once again Martin you've hit the sweet spot firmly on the head! Looking at this photo I can almost hear the wind whistling through the vast 'train shed' and the creaking of the station nameboards hanging from the girders. I must have sat on those hydraulic buffers hundreds of times as a nipper. The 'rubbish bin' open wagon in 4 bay with the tail lamp plonked next to it on the platform is the icing on the cake.... looking forward to seeing more of these fabulous shots!

Another one of that rusty wagon and tail lamp. smile.gif

rugby_1978_11.jpg

I will post a few more in a separate topic later this evening.

Martin.

• Like 3