Bachmann DRS Class 20

puffmeister_general

Surprised no-one has started this thread....unless I've missed it!

Model Rail has commissioned Bachmann to produce Class 20 904 from tooling commissioned by Kernow. Model will feature discs and non working high density lights. £71.30 each (£64.17 each for subscribers)

Tel: 01487 834352

I've phoned today and ordered mine and was told the expected date is late October. Great news and not before time someone released this model.......well done model rail!

Cheers

On our forthcoming Model Rail Locomotive Detailing Expert DVD, George gives a demonstration of how to convert a Bachmann Class 20 into the Class 20/3 with the additional fuel tanks etc. It's a nice cosmetic conversion for a bit of genuine modelling practice.

The limited edition Bachmann Class 20 is an earlier DRS loco, one of the former Hunslet locos used on the weedkiller (hence the use of Kernow's minor re-tool of the ends to provide the headlight).

CHRIS LEIGH

Thanks for that my friend. one on order for me and also the reggie rail coach packs. And scot rail 150

I tried searching for ModelRail online but to no avail. Do you have the details of which specific coaches they're producing and cost/how to order please?

Thanks

Tom

HeIlo Tom You will find the details in this months Model Rail mag and phone number to ring. There doing a pack of two opens and one pack with one open and a brake coach. Regards Chris

Thanks Chris.

Cheers

Tom

Surprised no-one has started this thread....unless I've missed it!

Im guessing most probably because everyone wanted a Compass class 20/3 :lol:

still its a good start and will gernerate alot of interest with Bachmann's forthcoming Nuclear flask wagons B)

I can see 37409 selling out alot more sharpish though ;)

wouldn't mind one of those with a Howes chip B)

We have staff holidays at present but, as far as I can find out, the DRS Class 37 is nothing more than a proposal. At present I understand Bachmann doesn't have the right type of Class 37 bodyshell, so we certainly aren't in a position to take advance orders. We are currently taking advance orders for the RR Mk2 coach packs, the DRS mk 2 coach pack, the NR Mk2 coach, the weathered black 08 and the DRS Class 20/9.

CHRIS LEIGH

• 1 month later...

I understand that it is a joint project between Model Rail and Harburn Hobbies, the latest in a number of similar projects. It will be a Class 150/2 2-car diesel multiple unit in ScotRail 'whoosh' livery, as carried from 1999 to 2004. This information can be found on the Harburn Hobbies website.

Roddy

Gents,

Just out of interest, who is commissioning the Scotrail 150 and what livery is it in?

Harburn Hobbies in association with the good guys from Model Rail, they will be in the ScotRail/National Express whoosh livery in White and Purple, with Turquoise and Orange stripes.

We have staff holidays at present but, as far as I can find out, the DRS Class 37 is nothing more than a proposal. At present I understand Bachmann doesn't have the right type of Class 37 bodyshell, so we certainly aren't in a position to take advance orders. We are currently taking advance orders for the RR Mk2 coach packs, the DRS mk 2 coach pack, the NR Mk2 coach, the weathered black 08 and the DRS Class 20/9.

CHRIS LEIGH

Whats the news on 37409 now , As when I email Ben Jones about it in july he said it was using the heavyweight bodyshells :huh: Hope it is going ahead as I like a Bachmann 37 in DRS for the layout not so keen on Vi Trains.

ATB

James

Whats the news on 37409 now , As when I email Ben Jones about it in july he said it was using the heavyweight bodyshells :huh: Hope it is going ahead as I like a Bachmann 37 in DRS for the layout not so keen on Vi Trains.

ATB

James

Me too !

I definitely 2011 is going to be my year of the odd Limited intermingled with completing my second layout module !!

ATB

James

This could be in relation to the fact that 37409 has had it's body side window plated over, although the footsteps are still present.

Regards,

Bruce

This could be in relation to the fact that 37409 has had it's body side window plated over, although the footsteps are still present.

Regards,

Bruce

Yeah belive thats the reason they using the heavyweight body shells , they must be doing it as why else would you 409 to come to Model rail live!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived