Bachmann DRS Class 20

puffmeister_general

wow £102 as much as I like the Bachmann model, thats a bit steep, this months MR still advertises the DRS 20 so surely they cant be sold out?

NL

I believe they have plenty in stock and they are available to order over the phone.

In the christmas MR they were listed as available for pre-order and in the January MR they were listed as in stock.

They are still not available to buy off the website despite being in stock (http://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/store/displaystore.asp?sid=4819) so you will need to call the order hotline on 01858 438424 in the meantime.

Although I am sure I wasnt the first to order these, it felt like I was the first person to call when I got through as the lady intially didnt know about this model and had to put me on hold to find out about it. Regardless, an order for a pair was duly placed and I look forward to getting them in the next couple of weeks.

*gribble*

Hi all

My example arrived today. It's very well finished and runs reasonably well, prior to bedding it in and DCCing. One small annoying point: on the nose end the 2 lamp irons are missing, and are not supplied in the detailing pack either. Most recent 20 "Disc" versions have the same problem ? I informed Bachmann about this back when the weedkiller 20 pair were released - but still NO lamp irons fitted or supplied :( Perhaps other purchasers can also contact Bachmann regarding this ?

Ken

Mine has also arrived today :D , again via Royal Mail, however it was left on my doorstep for most of the day :angry: :angry: :angry:

Fortunately it wasn't pinched, however I will be making my thoughts known to Royal Mail

Just tested and runs OK

Will post pictures once detailing fitted

Regards

Mike

Mine has also arrived today :D , again via Royal Mail, however it was left on my doorstep for most of the day :angry: :angry: :angry:

Fortunately it wasn't pinched, however I will be making my thoughts known to Royal Mail

Just tested and runs OK

Will post pictures once detailing fitted

Regards

Mike

Mine has also arrived. Great looking loco. One slight problem they come posted in a padded envelope mines been crushed resulting in the loco box having one side damaged. The loco's fine so it does not bother me but i think the packing side needs looking into to protect the item more in the post. Regards Chris

Mine has also arrived. Great looking loco. One slight problem they come posted in a padded envelope mines been crushed resulting in the loco box having one side damaged. The loco's fine so it does not bother me but i think the packing side needs looking into to protect the item more in the post. Regards Chris

This is one of a number of issues which is currently being taken up with COMAG.

CHRIS LEIGH

This is one of a number of issues which is currently being taken up with COMAG.

CHRIS LEIGH

My Class 20 arrived last Monday (10th January) luckily in one piece as it was also very poorly packed. Payment had been taken from my card on 14th December. Payment for the Class 08 shunter was also taken on the same day 14th December but no sign of this after a month. I 'phoned the Order 'Hotline' and after being held in a queue for nearly ten minutes (Cambridgeshire Media Associates always answered immediately) was told it should now be with me in a few days!

When it says in the magazine 'Please allow 28 days for delivery', I didn't realise this meant they were going to sit on your money for a month and then post your order. Pretty poor service in my book, even allowing for Christmas holidays.

My Class 20 arrived last Monday (10th January) luckily in one piece as it was also very poorly packed. Payment had been taken from my card on 14th December. Payment for the Class 08 shunter was also taken on the same day 14th December but no sign of this after a month. I 'phoned the Order 'Hotline' and after being held in a queue for nearly ten minutes (Cambridgeshire Media Associates always answered immediately) was told it should now be with me in a few days!

When it says in the magazine 'Please allow 28 days for delivery', I didn't realise this meant they were going to sit on your money for a month and then post your order. Pretty poor service in my book, even allowing for Christmas holidays.

We'll follow this up. That's not how it is supposed to work.

CHRIS LEIGH

Archived