Worlds biggest wagons?

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

Are these bigger than the wagons that take complete (but presumably unfueled) Soyuz rockets to their launch pad?

I don't know but do they run on normal rail lines or just within the launch complex? I've seen various wagons that run without any gauge restrictions within industrial sites but I was wondering what is the biggest capable of running on a national network albeit with adjacent lines closed when you have a load such as this. I know they use hydraulics to slew the load sideways on some of these transporters and to raise or lower them to avoid obstacles.

Same trip (a multi-day voyage from Canada to Kansas!) - on CN in Ontario

And the same trip again two days ago going from IHB to BNSF trackage at LaGrange (Chicago)

The second one shows off it's cornering ability quite well, even on a prototype (albeit sharp-ish) curve it clears the track in the middle!

Interesting to see a lone long hood forward Gevo on BNSF as well cool.gif

• RMweb Premium

Same trip (a multi-day voyage from Canada to Kansas!) - on CN in Ontario

And the same trip again two days ago going from IHB to BNSF trackage at LaGrange (Chicago)

The second one shows off it's cornering ability quite well, even on a prototype (albeit sharp-ish) curve it clears the track in the middle!

Interesting to see a lone long hood forward Gevo on BNSF as well cool.gif

I notice that it is running 'wrong line' in the first clip, probably for clearance reasons. I have also noticed that there are a few extra flat cars in the consist, I presume that the wagon will be dismantled after the delivery and the flat cars will be used to take the components back home. The loading/unloading would be interesting to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That was edited and presented better than some of the episodes of Monster Moves.

Cheers

David

Dear David,

Agreed, although Monster Moves is officially "Docu-tainment", not "Documentary"

Loves

The "Thunk Thunk Thunk" CGI wireframe modelling sequences

Hates

The annoyingly heroic operatic musical sequences

(seems the MM guys got the hint, early episodes had the operatic choir vocals,

later "US Theme" episodes kept the musical "theme" melody but dumped the choir vocals)

Happy Modelling,

Aim to Improve,

Prof Klyzlr

Archived