1/76 scale MV EIGG and MV RAASAY

carl1967

When I was a kid I spent a lot of time (relatively speaking) in Scotland. Around 1959/1960 I recall traveling on a chain ferry. Do you know where this would have been? Since I was based just outside Glasgow (Clarkston) I'm assuming it was on the west side.

Best, Pete.

When I was a kid I spent a lot of time (relatively speaking) in Scotland. Around 1959/1960 I recall traveling on a chain ferry. Do you know where this would have been? Since I was based just outside Glasgow (Clarkston) I'm assuming it was on the west side.

Best, Pete.

Maybe the Renfrew Ferry Pete? http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/en/site/152850/digital_images/glasgow+clydebank+renfrew+ferry+terminal/

Best, Pete.

hi pete

can you give more info, was it a big ferry or small like EIGG.

there is 3 calmac ferry ports near to Clarkston, GOUROCK, WAMYSS BAY, LARGS.

Can you remember if you went to the isle of bute to rothesay?, little Cumbrae, or over to Dunoon

Carl

hi pete

can you give more info, was it a big ferry or small like EIGG.

there is 3 calmac ferry ports near to Clarkston, GOUROCK, WAMYSS BAY, LARGS.

Can you remember if you went to the isle of bute to rothesay?, little Cumbrae, or over to Dunoon

Carl

Chain Ferry's Carl?

Yep, I'm afraid it looks like Carl hasn't learned the lessons from all the mistakes he made with his first attempt. I mean, he's already put a car and a passenger on the deck in that last photo but forgotten to paint the deck first. Very amateurish.

I suppose I'll have to look in on this thread now and again though, just to see whether there's any improvement in the standard of modelling.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi all

been out to Oban today to take pictures of EIGG and Oban port.

Had a fantastic day there, got 100s of very detailed pictures of EIGG and the port and town.

Then went up and sat at the war memorial and videoed, Isle of mull arrive and then leave along with eigg, then Clansman arrive, then some time later Isle of mull come back sounding its horns as Clansman had not moved off ramp 1, all on video..lol

I am in 2 of the pictures, in my orange race marshels coat. as shirl said it always rains in Oban and i would need it.

the last pic was just for fun, i took the reflection of the isle of mull in the calmac booking office glass.

post-6809-057270600 1284250692_thumb.jpg

post-6809-069654000 1284250772_thumb.jpg

post-6809-097693200 1284250812_thumb.jpg

Hi all

This is spooky!!

Guess where I was on Sunday........

How did we miss each other?

Well, I was in Oban with a few hours to spare, so a trip out on the Eigg on the 15.00 sailing was the thing to do.

Gary

post-7480-032187400 1284455229_thumb.jpgpost-7480-027933600 1284455252_thumb.jpg

hi gary

we was there all day saturday, trust me, you would not of missed me in that coat..lol

for a minnit there i thought i mite of got you on video on eigg as i videoed her sail out past me. i also took pics as she past.

Is there not a secure mental hospital some where for people who like ferrys to live in:blink:

I had an interesting chat with the skipper of 'Hebridean Princess' at Gairloch a couple of years ago. We were admiring the posh boat in its fancy blue livery as some of the well heeled passengers were returning to their 4 star ship.

I shouted up to him " They do know its a clapped out ow'd car ferry don't they" ?

"No they don't he shouted" laughing. "Shhhhhhhhhhhhh"

cheerio

Claggy

Is there not a secure mental hospital some where for people who like ferrys to live in:blink:

I had an interesting chat with the skipper of 'Hebridean Princess' at Gairloch a couple of years ago. We were admiring the posh boat in its fancy blue livery as some of the well heeled passengers were returning to their 4 star ship.

I shouted up to him " They do know its a clapped out ow'd car ferry don't they" ?

"No they don't he shouted" laughing. "Shhhhhhhhhhhhh"

cheerio

Claggy

Yes Mike

you visited me there some weeks ago :blink:

sitting here in my padded cell i have decided on my next ferry build for the layout :lol: its MV ISLE OF MULL in 1/76 with full led lighting and working radars and sound. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2juaSuUCZE

post-6809-048496400 1284546549_thumb.jpg

post-6809-028707800 1284546570_thumb.jpg

post-6809-004495200 1284546593_thumb.jpg

Hi all again

there is a secure mental institution for all who want to travel out to the islands, but don’t give away the secret. I am sitting in a guest house on Skye with a force 7 north westerly battering the windows, I have eaten some superb food, and had great hospitality, and, and, the works mobile phone don't work.

Get on a Herbriden ferry and find out what your missing

better keep this place to myself, every one will what to come here

Gary

Cal Mac photo of the day

The "Hebrides", makes its way across the great blue yonder, with the 11.50, sailing from Lochmaddy to Uig. today. Other spots of the day, were, Golden eagle, buzzard ,otter, Arctic Skua, and a collection of Deer.

post-7480-093240500 1284576197_thumb.jpg

Fantastic stuff I wish I was there!!!

Isle of Mull will be very impressive Carl. Its been part of the Oban furniture since 1988.

I sneaky ferry spotting day at Gourock today! Thought I'd have a ride out and take a look at Jupiter. Those streakers are lovely.

I just be told to get back in my cell, must go

claggy:P B) :blink: :unsure: :huh:

Archived