hiding hidden sidings

gobbler

Hello everyone,

I need some ideas on how to hide my hidden sidings.......

I've got space for a bridge.....seems obvious I know but i need to know more about the smoke & mirrors involved.

Anyone got any pix they could share on how they've hidden their hidden sidings?????

gallery_2873_476_5462.jpg

this is a basic layout plan (2 ft wide x 18 ft long)(oops where 'bay' is on the map there is a run around loop for the station) .......was going to be southminster but once laid out I didn't find it operationally exciting so I came up with the above

Thanks

Scott

• RMweb Premium

You could extend the factory so that the complex is on both sides of the track to the hidden sidings. This would give you a reason to put pipes over the tracks which would act as the bridge. Having the buildings would also act as a scenic break.

How about the top of a cutting being visible behind the bridge, even if you can't quite see the trains, finally disappearing behind buildings. It may just provide that extra depth of field rather than have the bridge flat against a backscreen.

similar to this???

gallery_2873_476_8709.jpg

Scott

• RMweb Premium

I've used several different techniques over the years.

bitf_4.jpg

Trawden employed a tall mill building linked by a covered footway to a neighbouring part of the complex.

ff_3.jpg

Foss Bank had a smaller structure and no bridge. Despite being very open the eye was drawn away by the road crossing, signal cabin and telegraph pole.

shell%2Bisland%2Band%2Bport%2B012.jpg

Shell Island just has a building, just big enough to cover or distract from the hole in the sky.

more%2Bpizza%2B002.jpg

My 009 pizza layout has a tunnel at the right hand side and a bridge at the left. The interesting shape of the bridge, and the direxction the path takes helps draw attention away from the bridge in reality being just another form of tunnel mouth.

Archived