HO Scale MV Caledonian Princess

carl1967

As impressed by this as I was with Heb', only wish I had the time, patience and skill to make the boat I want.

bristolqueen02.jpg

I don't recognise the livery of the coaches on the model of Stranraer. Were these just for the boat train ?

Ah. Well, on my layout the "Stranraer" station also doubles up as Larne (on the N. Irish side). I model the railways of Northern Ireland in the sixties and these coaches were built for the LMS/NCC in the nineteen tirties; they were unique in the British Isles in having very large windows and were known as "North Atlantics" as they were built for a express of that name. They were 57' on standard LMS running gear. These coaches are in the Ulster Transport Authority's livery of brunswick green and yellow lining. The models were made using Worsley Works side etches and either Mainline or Airfix roofs, ends and under frames. If you want to see more of the layout that the "Caley P" is going to eventually, see the irish railways group on RM web.

Colm

• RMweb Premium

Glad to here that you are taking the boat to the show, I'm sure that it will go down very well.

The additions that have taken place since I last looked in are looking very good as expected.

Hi Carl,

I know you won't be there at MRS on the Saturday, but will Cal Princess?? I sure hope so!

Nice to see those pics of Colm's layout and Cal Princess' future home. :) I presume the quayside is going to have to be considerably developed.

Cheers,

Dave

hi dave

i will be there saturday m8 and sunday, on the Scottish Modellers Stand - A8

so see you there!!

Hi all

I have done all the roof detail on the bridge and the mast, also the bridge doors and the detail on the aircon vent room roof.

i have built 4 prototype masts with revolving radar and all have failed to work longer than 10 minutes, so sadly i have shelved the idea, there just isn’t the room inside it. Looked good on paper.

Today i am going to do the rear aircon vent room and the lifeboat control and make a start on the rear mast.

As this ship will be at MRS, i am not going to add any more pictures until after the show.

Thanks

Carl

Archived