Static Caravan Kit 1:76

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

I've run through a host of searches on various sites; looked through catalogues and eyed over traders stands at shows. I've never though seen a model or a kit of a typical static caravan so beloved of holiday resorts in Wales and Cornwall. So my question is, "does a kit / model exist"?

Any help appreciated, otherwise it looks like a scratch build job! Main thing is that i'd like to avoid scrtatch building and then have someone joyfully tell me a kit is available :lol:

Majorette did make a static in 1:100 scale...I know that seems too small but at 4mm/ft it scales at 32' x 8' x 8'high which is about bang-on for a static ;)

I find you always need to take scales quoted by the 'toy' end of the diecast market with at least a pinch of salt (if not a whole bucketful). Good find.

• RMweb Premium

available in 1:87 (HO) scale from the USA, and might be sutable for background models - you may need to search for "mobile homes" may also be available from continental suppliers Faller do a caravan camp site

http://www.discountt..._BLG_534_1.html

http://www.hobbylinc...m/ncm871009.htm

ebay 150502180995

On e-bay try 150502178773 same vendor, nice and cheap but coming from Canada so might be expensive postage.

• RMweb Premium

Majorette did make a static in 1:100 scale...I know that seems too small but at 4mm/ft it scales at 32' x 8' x 8'high which is about bang-on for a static ;)

And as if by magic here is one on E-bay!!! :D

My link

Mmmm - been in a smoking household, door missing, trees painted up the outside...I think you're trying to get me shot :lol:

• RMweb Premium

available in 1:87 (HO) scale from the USA, and might be sutable for background models - you may need to search for "mobile homes" may also be available from continental suppliers Faller do a caravan camp site

http://www.discountt..._BLG_534_1.html

http://www.hobbylinc...m/ncm871009.htm

ebay 150502180995

Thanks Jack / Phil for looking and the links - the closest one to what i have in mind is this one. Unfortunately though the spot is right at the front of the layout so i might have to settle for something that looks at bit more 'UK outline'. I'll still see how postage works out as there could be potential to anglicise one.

From the suggestions so far it does look like there's nothing well known that is a 100% UK type model. I wonder why nobody has done a kit - with house prices going through the roof they are common lineside 'structures' and could 'grace' many a layout.

I am worried about scratch building though, as the layout owner has threatened petrol and matches if one appears... even though it would be prototypical for the site :D

• RMweb Premium

On e-bay try 150502178773 same vendor, nice and cheap but coming from Canada so might be expensive postage.

Have asked about postage - sad thing is i note this item and loads of others from this seller comes from somebody's estate. Sad to think the layout never got finished.

• RMweb Premium

I remember seeing those trailers in an advert in Model Railroader years ago and thinking that they were reminiscent of some of the 'vansthat could be found lurking in the nether regions of Snowlands! :lol:

You really are trying to get me shot!

I am worried about scratch building though, as the layout owner has threatened petrol and matches if one appears... even though it would be prototypical for the site :D

Obviously a 'Top Gear' fan then! :lol:

Thanks Jack / Phil for looking and the links - the closest one to what i have in mind is this one. Unfortunately though the spot is right at the front of the layout so i might have to settle for something that looks at bit more 'UK outline'. I'll still see how postage works out as there could be potential to anglicise one.

The NuComp mobile homes are resin kits (at least, the N-scale ones I have are), so modifying them should be relatively easy.

Adrian

• RMweb Premium

Have asked about postage - sad thing is i note this item and loads of others from this seller comes from somebody's estate. Sad to think the layout never got finished.

Seller hasn't responded to my query on postage to the UK....

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived