The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Midday all, computer clock seems stuck at 11.59.... By this time tomorrow Karen should be on her way to or in theatre so she will be fast asleep and pain free. Hopefully their little book of doom will be totally wrong and everything will be fine. The weather is gloomy but not raining this morning but I am not holding my breath for a dry day. Number one son rang his younger sister last night 'do I sound drunk to you?' No 'In yer face you three I am not drunk at all'. I rest my case M'lud.

• RMweb Gold

My condolences DD.

With regard to the money I have had little trouble with moving large amounts around with the house move. However having just as the solicitors to do a small job the form as the question where did the funds come from. A bit silly really as they handle the sale of the house and sent the money to us so they know full well where it came from, but I suppose the question has to be asked and the form filled in to meet the Money LAuandering requirements.

Don

• RMweb Gold

27c, partly cloudy, low humidity.

The sheer paperwork in a Nanny state is frightening, isn't it? And for what? To prove you're not a member of the Colombian Cartel? Aye.

Best, Pete.

When MiL renters the US in a couple of weeks the answer to the "where have you been" query is going to be good, "Mexico, Costa Rica, Columbia, Panama and the Bahamas. "

Afternoon All,

I am enjoying a quiet Bank Holiday today.  After a lay in, I've spent most of the time up until now writing a sermon for Sunday, as I have been asked to take the Sunday service at Church.

We lit the log burner too!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 1

Having done SMP I was thrown completely by differentiation and as for inverse hyperbolic functions not a bloody clue not one.

I find SMP track really easy, it's the P4 pointwork I find tricky............................ :scratchhead:

• Like 1

Good Morning ERs,

( Very recently saw the film Good Morning Vietnam on TV.)

Cooler today at 19C but still acceptable but with a STRONG South East wind. Tomorrow is clear but down to 16C

In case you hadn't noticed or were unaware it's FRIDAY!

Happy exhibition viewing to those so lucky and Happy modeling if not.

An item on the radio news a few minutes ago was the England is running out of trees for guitar making!

Everybody Go out and plant a tree! HURRY!

HAPPY WEEKEND everybody.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Sunny but decidedly nippy outside, as I noticed when I picked up a parcel from the DHL depot just outside the city. Good to have a day off, though I'll be back at planning later today...

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Very wet out but also rather warm.

I wonder if Don's tree will be made into guitars.

Matthew let me know yesterday that he now has broadband at his house. The cable company he dealt with seem to have got their act together compared to when we had the misfortune to be customers for their TV service,

I actually did something model railway related yesterday. When I finally complete the remaining gap on the garage roundy roundy it would be nice to have something to run so I thought putting a decoder into a loco would be a good start. I think the last time I took the body off a UK steam loco it had moulded on handrails. 

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all

Dull & damp,17oC with more showers to come this morning but should be drier & brighter later. There may even be some sunshine!

Another day of nothing special planned until this evening when a couple of friends are coming for a meal. I haven't been asked to help with this as yet although if the new oven is being used I may be called upon. We've changed from gas to an all singing & dancing electric fan oven & at the moment Chris is keeping an open mind after 43 years of using gas! It was my idea which she agreed to after a great deal of persuasion providing she could still have a gas hob. You just know who'll get the blame if any meals go wrong now. (They never have in the past!)

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 1

morning all,wet,very wet,and warm too,got started on clearing the workshop out,hopefully get to do some modeling again soon,got the drawings....just a little time needed !! wonder if jack fancys helping dad? might be a excuse for the clockwork stuff !!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

stair rods in Leeds.   off to the :Lakes via Barrow soon for a family get together..first mooted as the "lets meet at something other than a funeral" - a good way to touch base with my remaining senior relatives,,,

Have a Splendid weekend folks....

• Like 6

Good morning all

Dull & damp,17oC with more showers to come this morning but should be drier & brighter later. There may even be some sunshine!

Another day of nothing special planned until this evening when a couple of friends are coming for a meal. I haven't been asked to help with this as yet although if the new oven is being used I may be called upon. We've changed from gas to an all singing & dancing electric fan oven & at the moment Chris is keeping an open mind after 43 years of using gas! It was my idea which she agreed to after a great deal of persuasion providing she could still have a gas hob. You just know who'll get the blame if any meals go wrong now. (They never have in the past!)

Have a good one,

Bob.

In my mind, the ideal combination Bob. In the land of Gruffalos, we do not get gas so the hob is not as controllable as I would like but our oven does excel! Madam Gruffalo is comfortable using it and didn't like using her late father's new gas oven when she had to.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Bucking the trend it is a lovely morning down here, mild and sunny, 18degC according to the car thermometer.

The nights are quickly drawing in, I went to my local station straight from work to photograph the local stone train, it passed me at 18:30 and I was struggling for light, lucky I have a good camera which can ramp up the iso rating but even so, I'll be lucky if I can get it again until next March (!).

Have a good day all.

Morning all.

Bucking the trend it is a lovely morning down here, mild and sunny, 18degC according to the car thermometer.

The nights are quickly drawing in, I went to my local station straight from work to photograph the local stone train, it passed me at 18:30 and I was struggling for light, lucky I have a good camera which can ramp up the iso rating but even so, I'll be lucky if I can get it again until next March (!).

Have a good day all.

Time to hibernate with the good lady then Beast?

Gas Hob and Electric Oven - the perfect combination. Unfortunately, whist I have the latter, I have an electric ceramic hob. A nasty thing it is as well... After doing some serious cooking on a gas hob in the past (cooking for 30+ at the lodge), I just loathe cooking with electric jobs. They are never as responsive as gas.

Whilst on the subject of cooking, a few years ago I discovered Nisbets, a company dealing with both the restaurant trade and the general public (usual disclaimers apply). Since I discovered Nisbets and their pro gear, I have been slowly replacing my domestic equipment with pro stuff. Most of the time it's no more expensive than domestic equipment, but much more reliable than the domestic equivelant. for example, I bought a professional cook's pie-tin recently from Nisbets for about the same price as one from a local supermarket and the pro equivelant is really a solid piece of metal and hasn't warped yet (unfortunately, my experience with domestic pie-tins is that they warp after one or two uses).

The pro food processor I will buy to replace my existing one (I'm on my third domestic model...), only has one switch with 3 settings (on/off/pulse) but is built like a tank and will probably outlast me...

So... WHEN YOU GOTTA GO, GO PRO

And now back to your regular programming....

Edited by iL Dottore
  • Like 4