RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Good Morning one and all!

Normally i only have time for a quick post before goin out to work, but this morning i've just dropped SWIMBO off at the airport so she can go and see her mum out in Corfu for the weekend.

So i'm free this weekend biggrin.gif (apart from working all day saturday) so i'm going to play trains on Sunday at the Birkenhead Show with Bob Harper on his Teign House sidings layout. If anyone is about pop over and say Hi.

TGIF!!! cool.gif

Hope Everyone has a good day.

Don, i'm green with envy looking at that pic. i can almost feel the heat!!!rolleyes.gif

Hi all

Just getting light here, it nearly the weekend and a trip to EXPONG is in order.. so maybe some pennies will be spent. As for Christmas Don, bah humbug.. :D no not really just going to be a quiet one this year as most of the family are spread in far flung places, but a whole 2 weeks off for me :)

tom.

Morning all....That farm looks really beautiful Don. I guess a few days in the sun would do us all the world of good.

I read your post Robert and it must be tough for you right now. All you can do is try to fill your day with activities, friends and family to stop you dwelling on the situation. Take one day at a time and you'll get through it. It's never easy....

"I guess a few days in the sun would do us all the world of good"

No jokes - you never said a truer word, Gordon.

Unfortunately circumstances don't permit a couple of weeks absence at present ... if the situation changes I'll be off like a rocket.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Too many oktas but at least they aren't leaking. Taking yet another CBA day today, 4th this week! Went in to work yesterday for a meeting with senior management about our pension changes. Wound me and a lot of others up even more to the point that booked today out as well. Still fuming so I intend to go do so modelling to try and break the cycle.

No shows this weekend though it looks like we are on for a trip to Wycombe next Saturday so looking forward to that. Phil has promised to bring the DB9, at least I thought that is what he said. ;)

Cheers

Dave

Good Morning All,

Hear hear to all those who are thanking that it's Friday! biggrin.gif

Things here are hopefully better than yesterday! What a day... huh.gif I hope that everyone has good weekends planned! I shall be in the Costa del Gosport all weekend...! laugh.gif

Have a Good one!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all (no comments from the back)

Bright sun here again and remarkably mild. Not in the same league as Don's farm though. I can't imagine a Christmas spent in high temperatures. It just wouldn't be like Christmas.

Oh the joys of a privatised railway. On the Nationalrail website service bulletin, it says that there are problems and delays in the Peterborough area - but good news - First Capital Connect will accept tickets. The next item says that due to staffing problems First Capital Connect are running a reduced service from ...... Peterborough.

Off up into the loft again to re-arrange more mess.

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

It is a nice day here. I'm going to attempt to add the draughtproofing kit to the garage door this morning.

Tony

I think Albert must have visited as I've just gained another spot under the avatar image and stopped being registered!

• RMweb Gold

I prefer to be registered - sounds much more professional.

I assume the new site is configured as the old one was - not to count the garbage I post here.

I prefer to be registered - sounds much more professional.

'Registered' certainly sounds better than 'Certified'!:lol:

Just noticed I've also been unregistered! Must be something in the air!

Morning All,

Not quite sure how I feel this morning - I guess numb is the best way to describe it.

It is a nice sunny morning, so I am off to Church to help with the autumn clear up - nothing like changing light bulbs up a 30ft ladder to focus the mind :unsure: and a bit of company will probably do me good and I can't lock myself away for ever. I'm not feeling too sociable, but given that I can't change things I might as well get on with them as best I can.

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Premium

Morning ;) ...

Just above 3?° outside, but sunny, like Robert said :) . Might be a good day for a little excursion, I would think! Especially with the weather bound to be sh*tty from tomorrow onwards - at least according to the forecast last night.

Later ;) .

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Misty and moist this morning. Dog decided he didn't want to walk far today so I'm back to the forums in good time. No list in evidence which might be worrying. SWMBO must have hidden it and is going to spring it on me later. Big decision of the day is whether to do more work on the layout and traverser or to have a session with the O gauge 66. Decisions decisions.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. I'm now on call so am just having a cappucino and some Weetabix before I do the trawl round Hampshire. It's supposed to be emergency call out but so many bits of kit have busted and now need manual daily operation that it's just another day at work really. Same again tomorrow - by the time I've finished just doing these both days, without any other breakdowns I'll have driven nearly 400 miles. Deep joy.

By the way Dave, I said I'll be driving my Focus like a DB9. Be very afraid.....

The Marshall amp and effects pedal have arrived. It's a good job my neighbour is deaf. Last night I was mostly Eric Clapton. Well - not quite, but I was making a hell of a racket.

Just a thought for Robert - I lost most of my 50s in the sort of mental torment you're in, and for much the same reason. Honestly it's not worth it. Just try and accentuate anything positive in your life - you just can't worry about things that aren't in your control. I wish I learnt that years ago.

Morning all....Peed down earlier, but drying out slowly. Must be moving eastwards Tony.

Looks like it could be a modelling day for several of us. Done more in on the layout in the last hour than I've done in the past month. Amazing what a difference it makes having a clear room in which to work. It's been a real pleasure and perhaps now I can make some progress.

Of course tidy Mrs S has been having a field day with "what did I tell you"........Damn it, she's right once again. rolleyes.gif

• RMweb Gold
Amazing what a difference it makes having a clear room in which to work

Unfortunately I seem to have spent the last two days just rearranging things. It looks a bit tidier but there appears to be less space than before, in spite of several trips the skip.

It doesn't help that son and D-I-L have decided that parent's house is a good place to store all the 'no longer in use but keep just in case' baby things. I though that when he moved out I would be getting more space, not less.