Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

As I pocketed some Christmas money - what should I invest it in?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/JRW_683_Series01.JPG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fa/Hokuetsu_Express_683.jpg

Either in a 683 series express EMU in JR West or Hokuetsu Express livery...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/06/DC283_hokuto_001.jpg

...or in a KiHa 283 series tilting express DMU of JR Hokkaido?

:nomention: Easy pea-sy!............even I can do that: squeeze on the opener and turn it`s handle. :mosking:

These are the ones that need soaking with a little bicarb for 12 hours before cooking, SWMBO has a penchant for them (I just have to live with the effects).

Merry Christmas to all from the 'States!

Snowed last night, just a little but enough to guarantee a white Christmas for us. Very cold and breezy about -7C, clear skies now.

Over to Staten Island for an Italian Christmas dinner later.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, and merry Christmas, everyone!

Looking dull outside and I figure we'll be back at FiL's by about noon for further preparations for tonight's dinner of roast goose. The cabbage I prepared yesterday is for the same dinner, I should add!

Morning All and a very Merry Christmas to all ERs!

Weather wise, it is rather grey, and too warm for the time of year.

I hope that the year to come will be a hundred times better if you have had a bad 2013, and just as good if not better if you have had a good year.

We are just waiting for the little guy to arrive, so time for a coffee!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 10

Merry Christmas, one and all. 

Hope wherever you are the weather works out ok for you and that Father Christmas managed to visit you.

Power on here and oven working. A couple of days ago that's all I was really after. So a bonus that a GF Class 20 was also under the Christmas tree.

Andy 

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Clumsy fingers at it again!  Just gave Phil a funny for his leaking radiator:  Now duly amended with my apologies.

We ate our Christmas meal last night (as is the family tradition) and the rest of the family are still abed.

There is some cloud around this morning,but it is dry, still and the sun is beginning to make an appearance.

I was given a surprise present yesterday in the form of a railway calender for 2014, but no other railway items are expected from the present pile.

Nothing has been opened yet, but a subtle recce of the pile at the foot of the tree reveals a number of bottle shaped parcels.

One can only hope they are malt whisky and not milk!

Elsa has had her morning  feed and is now acting as a trip hazard at the top of the stairs, although the audible warning(snoring) has been activated.

Now off for some Quaker Oats (sorry Debs) and a pot of tea.

I hope you all have a happy and peaceful day

Regards

Richard

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Merry Christmas all todays programme Dog walk on the moor light lunch another dog walk then dinner.

Phil I think you are lucky to get a plumber how many of us would spoil Christmas day even for £170! Glad it is fixed.

Don

• Like 4

Merry Christmas, folks! Hope you all have a nice day! :)

Sunny and dry, but cold - better than the last week, though. I've an awful cold and had a headache earlier - that's what I get for freezing my arse off at Downpatrick over the weekend! :no: