The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Sunny, clear blue sky and the shed roof has some frost but it is disappearing. So a nice springlike day. The crocus flowers and clumps of snowdrops look rather nice too. Some crocus even pushed their way through the trampled soil where the fallen tree and fence panel came down.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 2

Just catching up on here after a long day out visiting O/H's elderly aunt in Wells, Som., yesterday. We also managed to add a couple of pairs of shoes to my already large collection. (middle name: Imelda!!)

If you haven't been following "Devon, Ofsted and Teenagers" then do give it a quick look where, in yesterday's posts, you'll read about a crazy coincidence.

It's Friday! Jump for joy!

Won't the elderly auntie miss them.................................................

post-312-0-34758000-1392969243.jpg

• Like 5

I bet Aditi could go to a shoe village and still not find anything she actually liked that fitted!

Add Mrs G to that!  Size 5 feet and nothing ever fits.  My feet on the otherhand are size 12/13 and I manage to get shoes to fit - but at that size I have given up worrying about style!

• Like 1

Morning all.  Bright and sunny this morning, almost Spring like.  Another pair of size 12's here.  At least it gives you a stable base…:-)

Friday is hoovering day and a day for modelling as my good lady goes off to see her mother.  Got a fair bit to do before the mens curling final this afternoon.  Great to see the girls take bronze yesterday.

• Like 2

Morning all. Thank <insert deity of choice> its Friday!!!!

The sun is out in the boring borough this morning. I'd almost forgotten what it looked like. This next project for my employer is looking like another fustercluck. Promises made by idiot sales weasels, no progression on the work, no requirements specified, no design, no hardware ordered, but only 5 weeks to deliver or lose the milestone payments. Can you say doooooooooooomed? Oh well all I can do is laugh. (and scrub up my CV)

NHS all semi-sorted. SWMBO will skip the pre-op physio now and keep the surgery date.

Now that the swine moat has finally drained and dried maybe I can get the path down this weekend. Have a good weekend everyone.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I didn't know there were that many Peel's in captivity! Was Clarkson in one?

Morning.

Yes, it was a Peel rally - it's in Peel of course.  No, Clarko wasn't there, but that is the late Sir Norman Wisdom waving them off, he was losing his marbles a bit by then bless, but he acted the fool all day true to form, trouble is he couldn't do anything else by then, he was sort of caught in a groundhog day of acting out his films.  He was a good man though, did a lot of great charity work on the island.  He was also a near-ish neighbour. 

The Peel cars are leaving to do a lap of the TT course, but they couldn't make it up the mountain!  I don't recall how many there were Gruff, but a lot more than are in that photo.

• Like 2

Just catching up on here after a long day out visiting O/H's elderly aunt in Wells, Som., yesterday. We also managed to add a couple of pairs of shoes to my already large collection. (middle name: Imelda!!)

If you haven't been following "Devon, Ofsted and Teenagers" then do give it a quick look where, in yesterday's posts, you'll read about a crazy coincidence.

It's Friday! Jump for joy!

I, for one, would trust the informed views of RMWebbers a lot more than the diatribe of your average estate agent. In a recent survey (I know, I shouldn't read them) I see that politicians have now supplanted estate agents as the least trustworthy profession. I had dipped into the thread as I do like the West Country and sympathise with the OP in trying to move school-age children due to past experience. We rented initially and bought Gruff Towers 27 years ago so it must have been good for us to do that. Our next move will be downsizing into a single floor property with railway room and no cellar.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Getting used to Windows 8.1 now, still some things I don't like but it's tolerable and everything I need to work, works.

Lovely sunny day down 'ere at the moment.

Have a good one all.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Wells, Ashers - we used to go there quite a lot, camped at West Wooton regularly when we were tent people.  Last visit  three years ago though, we thought it had gone downhill badly.  Went to the shoe factory place too, and a friend from 'back home' in the northeast parked next to us! I don't know who was more surprised.

• Like 4

Small world as you say, Ashers and a nice property to boot.  The housing market here is picking up considerably and anything decent is snapped up quickly  Are things improving in that part of the world?

Edited by gordon s

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Cloudy but sunny intervals today, with a risk of a shower - could be worse. I have coffee Chez Sheena at 11.

I take a size 44 shoe, so maybe 10 in UK sizes. Deb, despite being only 5'5", was size 7 - but her feet were long and skinny, and she often struggled to find a fitting. Could never really contemplate heels for that reason - although they weren't really "her" either!

Sherry's part in the Torquay etc thread was beyond belief, really. I had txted her earlier in the day to say her input was wanted, but the resulting knowledge of the house in question was ridiculous!

Alison's upbeat mood had evaporated by the time she got here yesterday - but, as she says, she always leaves with a smile on her face! Good fun.

Hope your week finishes on a high note.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Yes, it's very contentious though!  There is nothing local provided to all intents and purposes.  We get the occasional 20 seconds on North-West news if there is something bad to report (never good news) and our local radio isn't BBC.  The detector vans occasionally come over but the jungle telegraph beats them.  On one occasion a few years ago they were deported as they did not have work permits to work on the island!

The TT programme is on ITV4 and #edit# paid for  underwritten by our Government.

Edited by New Haven Neil
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. Thank <insert deity of choice> its Friday!!!!

I wasn't aware that f#^k was a deity??

I usually look forward to Friday with glee, but not this week as it's the last day of a week's leave, and Monday seems already to be looming large on the horizon. Sorry to be a downer.

• RMweb Premium

I wasn't aware that f#^k was a deity??

Of course it is!  Hence the posters seen outside certain establishments (some of which may be fitted with a tower or spire) suggesting "Lying on your back on Sunday morning moaning "Oh God" does not constitute coming to church"

• Like 1

Morning All,

I didn't get on earlier - having taken the little guy to school, I arrived at work and had to hit the ground running.

The weather isn't particularly inspiring, but I thought I detected a hint of Spring in the air this morning.

Oh well - lots to do, so I had better get on.

Have a good one everybody...

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Cor, the tone has been dropping fast round here, back to the weather for breather I think; bright sunshine here and free electricity pouring off the roof at a nice rate but lower voltage forecast for later and now the sun's started hiding.

Yes it's Friday but I'm still awaiting orders but my guesswork suggests it might be Waitrose although the exciting bit is guessing which branch - such is life when you get to be 'of an age'.  But tomorrow is planned for a visit to Risex - a nice little show with the added advantage of purchasing an early ticket for Railex (at a small dscount).

Have a  good day folks (the sun's just returned)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm glad Gordon mentioned vacuuming. This reminded me that I may have mentioned doing it today! Aditi won't be going to see her mother this weekend as MiL has gone to India for the wedding of a grand-nephew. All the wedding guests are in a (an?) hotel at the moment and as weddings go on for days I'm sure MiL is having a good time. I'll have to ask her if she has been put up in one of the new 7 star rated establishments. 

Tony