Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Good evening all,

I'm not sure you're allowed to do that these days Debs!

Great shots Neil, hope the weather holds for tomorrow's race. Pics show just what a lovely place the 'Island' is to live on! Love the look of the pipes, work of art indeed - we used to make similar for the CB72/CB77 Super Dreams back in the 70's.

Simon, have a great trip and good luck with the midges! Unbelievable coincidence in the life of Joanna and I occurred when we discovered that we had both sailed on the 'Maid of the Loch' paddle steamer, me at age 9 on a junior school trip from Hurlford, Ayrshire, she at age 10 on a school trip from Edmonton, London. We then meet as second timers many years later and wed without knowing this until we came across some old photos of both trips! We took our beautiful granddaughter Ella (who thought it was such a romantic story) on a grand tour of Scotland a few years back, and were amazed to discover that the boat is still afloat and undergoing a renovation programme which should see it carrying tourists again! Hope you get a chance to read this before you leave, and that you too can board her!

Ian, have a great weekend at the races. Like you, I hope it is exciting but free of any disastrous accidents and above all, that all the drivers finish in one piece.

Whatever your plans for the weekend, be safe,

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 5

I don' tthink we need "rogering cabin boys" or "spotting eagles" to get a rise out of you lot!

Blimey, and here I thought this was the more "mature" section of RMWeb (har har har!!), I guess the only way this section is mature is in terms of chronological age, mental age seems to average about 13 - just my kind of place and mentality :jester:

• Like 3

Morning all. Sun is shining.

Fine morning, looks like a good day in the offing. Cleaned the patio yesterday, may well go and sit there for breakfast!

Absolutely nothing planned for today, which is both nice and unsettling. Julie at Abbey Mills, so alone for most of it, but I've got a couple of ideas, mostly photographic.

Have had some absolutely brilliant news that my cousin, who we thought had dementia and was really on his way out, in fact has a treatable condition, Autoimmune Encephalitis. After four months in  hospital he went home yesterday and is already complaining about the state of his garden and what he's going to do in it!

I'm off to France next week, and have promised him all sorts of treats when I come back!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Grey skies but hey ho its Saturday and I will mostly be umpiring in Driffield. Never been there before so I have some instructions on how to get there.

Have a great Saturday.

Baz

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Off to Exeter today to attend the show tomorrow then on to Corfe Castle for a few days. There may or may not be wifi.

Look after yourselves.

Don

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all..

Sunny here in South Essex.

Plan for today. Breakfast. Walk dog .  Visit local church hall for model railway exhibition. Drive to Enfield for family get together. Drive home.

Tony

• Like 5

Sun here at last is welcome after yesterday's fog barely lifted all day!

But my Friday was lifted by excellent news from our Practice Nurse, whom I saw to discuss blood test results. All results (for liver & kidney function, blood count & sugar) are within acceptable limits. My cholesterol score is 4.6 which is a big improvement on last year (5.6) but we had just had a week's holiday in Croatia then. BMI good too.

Hope you all have fair weather for your weekend's activities. Enjoy!

• Like 9

Morning all,  

Suns up here too, (but to be honest it is most days)......and I hear the sounds of cooking in the kitchen so brekkie wont be long.  Then just for a change ......one of the wheel re-inventors has promised something to a couple of clients that he now finds he needs the old man to do....so thats my morning taken care of!

Did get a little bit of modeling done last night though, compound curves on coach roofs are a  bu**er.  

Try to enjoy what ever you're up to today,

Trev 

Morning all from sunny Köln. SWMBO' s birthday on Thursday in Brussels was a lot of fun. Yesterday was rather more subdued for obvious reasons. Today will just be us playing the role of tourists.

Wherever you are and what ever you are doing, enjoy your day.

Dunno about Roger the cabin boy. I heard he'd been blown ashore.

• RMweb Premium

Sunny in Shenfield. Need to pack my kitbag ready to referee my last 11 aside game of the football season. It's between two veterans teams who play because they enjoy it so it should be a good day out. It will be a nice break from lifting the lounge carpet prior to a new one being fitted. With two households in one, making space for everything is proving challenging!

Morning all from a beautiful sunny Glasgow. Well the weekend has arrived and instead of a normal Saturday Mrs CC and I are off to the Bo' ness steam railway for a mixed traffic gala! Looking forward to some great "foaming" as my eldest son refers to it! lol! Have a great day folks with whatever you get up to!

Onwards and Upwards

George

Edited by CathcartCircle
  • Like 7

Sunny here in Edinburgh, too - and the trams open to the public today. Local thinking is that the tramline will be extended, too. Hope it goes well.

Harburn Hobbies have a Bachmann and Graham Farish promotional event today so will pop along (I am not connected in any way other than as a happy customer).

Have a good day

Mal

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, dull but not raining outside and already some industrious type is making noise. DD2 continues to revise and be snappy with it, number 1 son expects Dads taxi to work in Winchester as it does at home and hairball cat has vomited again. Pets and children why. On the positive side two wardrobe side pieces were purchased from IKEA for the princely sum of £2 apiece so the long shelf like US layout is a goer. Have a good day and don't mow too many dandelions.

• Like 1

A sunny good morning from Clacton on Sea. Looks like I shall be staining the new fence posts and their cappings to match the panels I did before installation! Then it will be back to breaking down the old panels - must have been very wicked!

In case you haven't signed up for his newsletter, Justin at www.ModelRailwayScenery.com is offering a free poster for your railway room which contains a lovely quotation about the importance of steam along with an image of 'Evening Star'. I shall definitely print one off today!

Quite jealous AndrewC, Joanna and myself have enjoyed many a cold 'Kolsch' whilst sitting in the square by Koln Cathedral, hope the rest of your trip goes well.

Hope those lucky enough to be at major motor-sport events enjoy the action safely - think of us looking in on Sky or computer!

Have a good one whatever you are up to.

Kind regards,

Jock.

PS couldn't get an umlaut over the 'o' in 'Koln' thanks to my new iPad Air keyboard!

Edited by Jock67B
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Results just in, Michael Dunlop did 131.5. eek.  The Norton did 123, not bad.

Keep your eye out for a young lad called Daley Mathison. An ex pupil who came back not so long ago and talked at assemblies.

Brought his bikes and gear and told some very interesting stories.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Currently quite sunny and bright although the forecast is 'high cloud' so it might be a pleasant day.  Not much in mind but we might go and have another go at the "neighbourhood Plann' exhibition - although the term neighbourly hardly describes it and of course as it involves building yet more houses for incomers in a place which offers few jobs such things as common sense or 'sustainability' don't enter into the equation at all.  Might also take a picture down for framing but that does mean finding a car parking soace in town so it might be left until a more suitable time another day.

Have a  good day wherever you are.

Keep your eye out for a young lad called Daley Mathison. An ex pupil who came back not so long ago and talked at assemblies.

Brought his bikes and gear and told some very interesting stories.

For those interested, Daley currently lies 22nd in qualifying (so far - final session late afternoon today) for the 600cc Supersport class. There are two races, both four laps of the 37.5 mile mountain course, the first on Monday 2nd at 10.45am, the second on Weds 4th at 12.00. I wish the youngster well, and hope he stays safe on that most challenging of circuits! Must have been well taught? Information available on 'iomtt.com'.

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 1

Was Dunlop riding the Norton?

No, Michael is on a Honda. The first Norton lies 24th after combined qualifying, ridden by Cameron Donald!

Regards,

Jock.

Edited by Jock67B

• RMweb Premium

Morning All.

Apparently it's the weekend. Not something us retired folk notice automatically. Doing something a bit different today, not the usual mix of railways, walking or beer drinking. Off to a reunion of former members of the Luton Brass Band which is to mark the 90th anniversary of Luton Red Cross winning the national brass band competition. Reunions aren't really my thing and as I haven't seen many of these folks for nye on 30 years it may be "interesting".

There is a concert involved and for some reason it seemed a good idea to volunteer my services. Bearing in mind the cornet hasn't been out of the case for 7 years and I haven't played regularly for 14 years I hope the audience have poor hearing!

Beer will be involved I have no doubt.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 5

No, Michael is on a Honda. The first Norton lies 24 the after combined qualifying, ridden by Cameron Donald!

Regards,

Jock.

Thanks, Jock.

It was a poor attempt at humour in wondering if bike and rider arrived at the same time.

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

A bit of a family gathering this afternoon & evening so thus far I've been to Sainsbury's emporium for "last minute"(ie forgotten) stuff, cleaned bathroom,toilet & bedrooms (why the latter I don't know - nobody is staying but "just in case"), landing and stairs. Now having a a coffee before I attack downstairs and then make a job lot of burgers for later. Garden was done yesterday so in another couple of hours I can get the beer out!

Whilst I have been so employed Her Bossness has been supervising from the kitchen where she's preparing food for about 5000.

Parcels containing some modelling stuff arrived yesterday so perhaps tomorrow I can get on with something more important than housework!.

Have a good one,

Bob.