Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all, took tiny cat to the vets again today but she was too ill to live so had to be put down sadly. Worst bit was telling the children after. Matt is back in Winchester tomorrow then comes home for the summer in two weeks I remain convinced he thinks I drive for pleasure alone.The weather has turned for the worse now as well it is about to start raining after spending the sunny morning in the vets waiting room.

Afternoon all, took tiny cat to the vets again today but she was too ill to live so had to be put down sadly. Worst bit was telling the children after. Matt is back in Winchester tomorrow then comes home for the summer in two weeks I remain convinced he thinks I drive for pleasure alone.The weather has turned for the worse now as well it is about to start raining after spending the sunny morning in the vets waiting room.

Sorry to hear the news about tiny cat - I know such a decision is never easy to make even when you know in your heart of hearts that there is no alternative.

Kindest regards,

Dave

Anybody besides me planning to watch the red dragons (Wales) play the Springboks (South Africa) rugby this afternoon?

If it was on terrestrial TV here, I would!  I don't fancy Wales' chances much though.  They will do well to avoid a hammering.

Damn etc. so sorry Mick. Those little fur factories become part of the family. All I can say is there are so many little ones looking for a happy home. Please consider taking on a new furry fiend.

Afternoon all from a cloudy and dull boring borough. Today has officially been designated as a lazy day. By a strange coincidence that also coincides with world gin day. Go figure.

Patio, munchies, jazz, and beverages.

Enjoy your day all.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all,

A lazy day for us, Jill was sorting out her overtime and I was rendering more clips for YouTube when the birdies started making a horrendous noise, I looked out expecting to see next doors cat wandering around the garden but no, it was a buzzard, which had grabbed a pigeon, I think and was trying to pluck it - I took a few pictures (nature does as nature does for me so no attempt to shoo it away) but it got spooked and flew off, the pigeon also flew off !

The sun has returned to Norfolk for the time being at least.

Have a good day all.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Yep, roads around the area had been closed as early as about 6 am. Been at work when they detonated the thing, though. I'm sure it made a lot of noise!

• RMweb Gold

Recently I saw a small bird of prey (sparrowhawk I think, ) try to take a woodpigeon. I think it may have been Junior's first attempt as a couple of parental types were looking on. The woodpigeon just took off and crashed into the neighbour's roof dislodging his passenger. Just a few feathers were ruffled.

• Like 3

Afternoon all, took tiny cat to the vets again today but she was too ill to live so had to be put down sadly. ....

I am so very sorry and saddened to hear that, Mick, I do hope that she felt loved to the very end and that the euthanasia was done with kindness and dignity...

I know it's far too soon to think of another cat, but I'm hoping that you'll soon be "hired" by another feline to be her devoted servant (if not slave....)

It turned out to be a gloriously sunny afternoon hear on the Costa. . . . I took myself off to Durham for a couple of hours for a walk about and to hear the buskers.

Pink panther theme tune filling my head . . Durham, Durham, Durham Durham Durham ..........

RIP Tiny Cat, it's horrible when they go.

We had a great deal of rain, thunder and lightning last night but today has mostly been fine which is just as well as I was outside raising money for the Riding for the Disabled group i'm involved in.

• Like 1

I am very sorry to read this news, always sad to lose a pet. You have my sympathies. I remember last October when we had to do the same for one of our cats - awful and I still miss my "little man" even now. My daughter must miss him too as she named one of her soft toys "Freddie" after the cat and takes him to bed every night.

Today has been a beautiful sunny day again. Sarah was in desperate need of a break this morning so I took Amber out to Burton for the 7mm narrow gauge exhibition. Despite not being a narrow gauge modeller I really enjoyed the show and came away with a couple of 009 coaches, bought cheap from a second hand stall. These match the one 009 loco I currently have and, although the couplings don't match, I can see a new project coming up!

In the afternoon we had a walk over to the new house. Amber was impressed with the turf! She spent plenty of time running around the garden!! We made a bit of a fuss over her today as this weekend marks her 2 and a half years! We mark her half year in some way to compensate for her having a birthday and Christmas so close together. She certainly loved the pizza tea, birthday cake and Peppa Pig house gift!

Beer in fridge ready for the England game!

• Like 5

Anybody besides me planning to watch the red dragons (Wales) play the Springboks (South Africa) rugby this afternoon?

Fat chance getting international Rugby shown over here, unless it involved the USA somehow ....... I have plenty to watch with the complete "24 Heures du Mans" and England’s World Cup match against Italy (rather outnumbered in my house by Italians).....

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

Today's 'tasks' include some gardening, going to the local Village Fete this afternoon, and then watch the 8F come by with the Cumbrian Coast Express.  It was going to be Galatea, then Scots Guardsman, now the 8F 48151.

Duly watched the 8F accelerating hard uphill out of St Bees station.  Called in on a friend whose patio is about 15 to 20 feet from the line, and he and his patio had been covered in 'smuts' as 48151 went by.  He wasn't too upset, saying it was a pleasant change from "those smelly diesels" (aka Class 37s on nuclear flask trains).

• Like 5