Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all,

It is a bright morning here today.  It is supposed to be warmer than yesterday too, which will be nice.

I went to the dentist yesterday afternoon for a checkup.  Fortunately, everything is in order.

Rather sad news coming out of Southern France with respect to the German Wings crash.  I will be reading the accident report with interest, personally and professionally, when it eventually gets published.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Yesterday turned into a fuddle sort of day..a bit of this, a bit of that etc.

Sun is already shining up here in the foothills of Leeds..long may it continue!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Baz

• Like 4

Morning all...

Cementeers arrived yesterday.  Said they would be here at 08.00 and arrived at 08.45.  Three young and fit lads.  Very pleasant and courteous.  

Started work and quickly removed top layer and put it on their tipper truck.  Left at 09.45 to get some materials and dump the waste.  

Thought they had done a runner, but returned two hours later with scalpings, ballast and cement.  Worked another hour and then legged it again to get the paving slabs.  Back again after an hour, worked a bit and then departed at 15.15…...

The work they have done has been fine, but I think they are in dire need of some logistical planning….:-)

• Like 11

I had to look him up. He has views on extraterrestrials and to be honest, some of the stuff we've seen in the last couple of days is out of this world!

Cheers,

Mick

Maybe I should have said David Icke?

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

New kitchen tap arrived this morning.

Nice new tap with nice big price tag for a really great knock-down bargain basement price. Still can't believe it.

Now, I'm starting to get excited about the change round in the kitchen which we've talked about for years but it got to the point of needs must with things well past their best date. But it's seen the family grow up and move onto new pastures so can't complain. So, to the next 30 years but, first, we're waiting for the sink to arrive.

Marriage....."It begins when you sink into his arms; and ends with your arms in his sink!" :-) Edited by Debs.
  • Like 4

Morning all from sunny 'ampshire.

Hope you are all well, and if not, then sympathies. 

Just over a week to go until the Easter holiday starts. Hoping to get some modelling mojo back and make a bit of progress over the holiday. 

Have a nice day everyone. Andy

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, training day for me today and only two days after to the holidays. Sadly I am late with a report so will have to be in work early to finish it. A sunny day here I hope everyone else gets some sunshine today.

• Like 10

Morning all from the boring boring borough. All quiet here at the moment. Sunny but bloody cold. Visit to the quack the other day resulted in very little. 2 week wait at least for the MRI, and the locum was trying to push as much pain medicine into me as practical. Still haven't bothered to get the prescription filled. The surgery still hadn't received the report or x-rays from the hospital. This despite being told it was a 24 hour turn around. Useless bunch of turdweasels. I think we may have found a replacement GP though. They're a bit further away and would require a drive or bus to get to but its a small practice with only 1200 patients and comes with a 4 1/2 star rating on the NHS review site. In the mean time I'm just hobbling along slowly.

About to grab a second coffee. This one has instructions to check on the status of the first cup.

That's about it from here. Things are more boring than usual. Have a good one everybody.

It started out as a beautiful clear day, frost on the ground, car a solid block of ice and not a care in the world. That was until I found the parking ticket in the car. Steph made two mistakes yesterday, firstly parking in the wrong place and secondly forgetting to hide the ticket! Ah well, considering how often she and most other good citizens of Donegal park illegally, usually on double yellow lines or double parking or a combination of both, we should be thankful that this is the first time she's been caught (that I know about!). Fortunately we don't have a traffic warden in Killybegs, where the general understanding is one yellow line means single parking, two means double parking and a 'no parking' cone means this spot reserved specifically for you! What really used to amuse me was that people would quite happily park all day on a double yellow line outside the Garda station, probably on the basis that they knew there were never any garda there!

And on that note, I will leave you all to get on with your day, may it bring all you have ever hoped for.

Looking forward to more pics from Peru, Mick.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Morning all from the boring boring borough. All quiet here at the moment. Sunny but bloody cold. Visit to the quack the other day resulted in very little. 2 week wait at least for the MRI, and the locum was trying to push as much pain medicine into me as practical. Still haven't bothered to get the prescription filled. The surgery still hadn't received the report or x-rays from the hospital. This despite being told it was a 24 hour turn around. Useless bunch of turdweasels. I think we may have found a replacement GP though. They're a bit further away and would require a drive or bus to get to but its a small practice with only 1200 patients and comes with a 4 1/2 star rating on the NHS review site. In the mean time I'm just hobbling along slowly.

About to grab a second coffee. This one has instructions to check on the status of the first cup.

That's about it from here. Things are more boring than usual. Have a good one everybody.

Will you be fit enough to be seen at Ally Pally?

It started out as a beautiful clear day, frost on the ground, car a solid block of ice and not a care in the world. That was until I found the parking ticket in the car. Steph made two mistakes yesterday, firstly parking in the wrong place and secondly forgetting to hide the ticket! Ah well, considering how often she and most other good citizens of Donegal park illegally, usually on double yellow lines or double parking or a combination of both, we should be thankful that this is the first time she's been caught (that I know about!). Fortunately we don't have a traffic warden in Killybegs, where the general understanding is one yellow line means single parking, two means double parking and a 'no parking' cone means this spot reserved specifically for you! What really used to amuse me was that people would quite happily park all day on a double yellow line outside the Garda station, probably on the basis that they knew there were never any garda there!

And on that note, I will leave you all to get on with your day, may it bring all you have ever hoped for.

Looking forward to more pics from Peru, Mick.

....enjoyed looking through your Irish pictures and model railway thread John....nice work...look forward to seeing some more.

Dave

• Like 2

Morning all...

The work they have done has been fine, but I think they are in dire need of some logistical planning….:-)

You need to hire a project manager and 5 'compliance officers' to watch this small project.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a sunny village that is till north of Ikea and west of Dean Woods.   Lif bimbles along at it's usual rate.  Yesterday after getting back from Manchester Beth arrived home to tell me that the GP had examined her painful thumb that she ahd been told was arthiritis.   Apparently an Xray was now called for so we set off to Leeds Informary and 4 hours later emerged with her well and truly plastered, with a broken bone in her hand diagnosed.  So for the next fewweeks I will be head cok, bottle washer and chauffeur.   Such is life.  Fortunately we have been in this sort of position many time before and she is very good at adapting though she ahtes having her independence restricted.

Anyway this morning will be shopping and then this afternoon I will finally get my layout packed away after Nottingham.

Sad news about the air Crash.  Having ridden the narrow gauge up from Nice to Digne I can well understand how rugged the area is.

All the best to everyone.

Jamie

Will you be fit enough to be seen at Ally Pally?

Very doubtful. :angry:  2 or 3 hours standing and walking on that floor would do me in. Trying not to over stress the knee at the moment. It has to be fully functional for Rotarail and Burgess Hill.