RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Congratulations on the hole-in-one. Don't "do" golf here, I was banned by my dad about 50 years ago after we went on holiday in Scotland and as he and my brother dutifully played St. Andrews with the appropriate "style" I proceeded to suggest it was a silly sport and I only needed a driver, 9-iron and putter as everything else was a waste of time/space - not "addressed a ball" since :jester:

Jock, hope you can get some relief from the nausea, thinking of you...

Bees - I've always wanted to keep them, no idea why, they just fascinate me. In our present location we're not allowed to keep them, but all the adjoining towns are gradually passing laws to allow it and we've a proposal on the books now too, so may be able to in the near future.

Worked yesterday, then as Mrs had a "book club" meeting, managed some time with the layout. Essentially, spent all the time getting the locos out from under cover (had all the motive power stored under cover while we were on vacation) and running them some. Also included moving all the rolling stock back to "appropriate" places so I can continue working on the layout - that's all the time I had though, so no real work done...

Jemma is on the second day of a 5 day trip, just texted me and said she's not flying today.

Apparently, on push-back in Omaha this morning, the captain killed a mosquito that was buzzing around the cockpit, squashed it on the windshield, and managed to CRACK THE WINDOW SEGMENT! Seems he thinks his wedding ring managed to catch a sweet spot in the pane and bingo, flight cancelled! They'll get a replacement plane down for the "trip" but the crew will not fly it (down to the standby crew), instead they'll be dead-headed to Detroit and rejoin their 5-day schedule tomorrow!

16 right now, overcast and light drizzle, expecting only 17 for a high and later today a major storm will roll into southern Minnesota including here with possibly 2-3 inches of rain south of us and 1-2 here with strong thunderstorms...

I'll plan on staying dry! :)

• Like 13

Aft'noon all,

Could have been worse but could have been considerably better is Mrs TGs diagnosis.

CT scan to come then chemo so I'm taking her away for a few days next week before it starts.

Fingers crossed

All the best to anyone with health issues

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Jock - Such a pity that the bug has returned. I hope you recover quickly. We're certainly thinking about you

Jock,

I hate to tell you this, but young children have a habit of carrying all sorts of bugs, as my daughter who teaches at primary level will testify.

If you have the grandchildren around frequently, then this could be a possible cause of your latest upset.

• RMweb Gold

Well, you will just have to make-do with this then. Mind you, the commute is going to be a bit of a bu66er.

http://search.struttandparker.com/property-for-sale-in-/buteshire/isle-of-bute/kames-castle-port-bannatyne-isle-of-bute-pa20/19627

And it's how much?????  Presumably down to the Scottish system and in reality they're looking for offers at least three times that amount? 

• Like 1

Aft'noon all,

Could have been worse but could have been considerably better is Mrs TGs diagnosis.

CT scan to come then chemo so I'm taking her away for a few days next week before it starts.

Fingers crossed

All the best to anyone with health issues

Dave

Best wishes to you both Dave.

I have started sorting out my holiday pictures and downloading them to photobucket. There are over 550 of them. My poor old computer is struggling

Edited by station cat

And it's how much?????  Presumably down to the Scottish system and in reality they're looking for offers at least three times that amount? 

Maybe not. I got the impression it's been on the market for quite a while.

• RMweb Gold

I had a quick look at 7+ bedroom properties with outbuildings and a bit of land for the dog to run about in round here. The Scottish properties look like bargains. Actually I don't want to move. Since the leylandii fell and the survivors were reduced in height the only negative thing seems to be an avicidal cat that moved in recently.

• Like 10

Been to see the new premises today.

We move in win three weeks, and there's an open day next weekend.

Suppose it'll be OK when it's finished. And the bits stop dropping off.

However the view from the balcony on the fifth floor across the site of the HS2 station is spectacular - all the way to the Lickey Hills. I was struck how much the Birmingham Selfridges building from that angle reminded me of Madonna.

Edited by Coombe Barton
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Been to see the new premises today.

. I was struck how much the Birmingham Selfridges building from that angle reminded me of Madonna.

I can just about recall what The Bull Ring area looked like before Madonna was born. I always hoped my Gran would buy me a hamster from the market if I stopped and started at the them but I was under strict instructions not to ask and I suspect she had been warned not to buy. My brother used to try to get a kitten the same way!
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Evening.

Yes, the Island has been looking superb this week, spring came late but with all the rain last week and solid sun this week everything is looking very green and pleasant.   That sidecar race was good, I may try to post pictures later!  A scorching (!) 19c here today which is good for June, it felt nice after such a miserable May and early June.

Bees - there have been several instances of bees swarming here this week, apparently this is due to still having cold (5c) nights and sudden warmth in the sunny clear mornings, 10am swarms!

The demo lap of the Kawasaki H2R supercharged track bike (300bhp!) was impressive, we could still hear it when it was 7 miles past us.....loud does not adequately describe it.  You do have to consider this against the knowledge that it was still, and that there is NO background noise bar birds - roads are closed, there is no industry or M25 here! 

Jock, we do not consider the e-TT to be a real TT and it should not count as a TT win.  Remarkable technology, no spectacle whatsoever.  When they do 4 laps then it will count as a TT win in our minds - 151 miles not 37.75.

edit for funny but rude typo

Edited by New Haven Neil
  • Like 8

Temperature has been similar here to the IoM, so very pleasant.  Yesterday on the Ratty was a lovely day.  I did three return trips as part of my guard training, all behind a diesel for a change.  Sunburnt on arrival back home!  Today has been spent on trimming hedges, and reroofing my shed.  I thought only half the roof needed doing, but decided to do the whole thing in the end.  Not the easiest task to do single-handed, so some hassle involved.  Having finished it, I then got half the shed treated with preservative, and will hopefully finish it tomorrow.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Had to look that one up Neil and found this…..

Jeez!

Crank up the volume...

I'll have to listen to that tomorrow.....but it was LOUD.  Look at a map of Fraggle Rock or the course, we were at Sulby Bridge.  We heard it all the way into Ramsey, up through Ramsey hairpin, the Gooseneck and up to the Mountain Mile.....unbelievable. Conditions were perfect for it, but we have never heard something for that long, so far. 

Oh, it was GPS'd by a phone app in the riders pocket along the Sulby straight at 206 - indicating 218.....for Dom's benefit, MPH not KMH!  Kin 'ell.....

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from a quiet and darkening village.  

Jock I do hope that you get over the bug quickly.

I've had a good day with very little pain from my knee and have gradually got more movement back so things are going well.  I've also got some modelling done and have managed to fit the motor in the 2P as well as progressing the 2nd North British coach.

All in all a good day.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Evening all!

A match played on a warm summers evening was enjoyed tonight. I was on my own and managed to get a near miss with a shot from the batsman. It caught my bumbag (just covering my hip) as it stuck out further than I thought! Bum bag clip destroyed...minor mark on me where the bag was sitting..a lucky escape!

Hope that life improves for jock and Mrs tg.

Sleep well everyone!

Baz

• Like 12

Evening all. Today has been a beautiful sunny day. Warm, but the wind has taken the edge of the temperature. The forecast is for the good weather to continue tomorrow before the rain comes in the evening for the whole weekend. Not ideal for the school's weekend camp. I feel relieved that I am not involved, but pity the staff who are giving up their weekend.

My best wishes to Jock. I hope the illness clears up quickly.

I hope those at work manage the early finish.

• Like 6