Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Must be a different Fowey.

The old folk I've seen there won't even be able to walk up the cliff road.

Any messages for Dawn French?

I think they just get off the coach and walk into the hotel.  Then back out next day.  And in again for dinner.  And so on.  During the day they sit on benches through the town.  ;)

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I went to Fowey once with my parents when I was in my early teens. Nothing to do with the place but it was the beginning of my dislike of going on holiday. Fortunately Aditi successfully cured me.

Tony

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I once went into Fowey briefly but couldnt find anywhere to park so we left.

A few months ago when we were staying in Par we used the local bus service which also goes to Fowey at about half hourly intervals during the day.

However we were in the evening by which time it had dropped of to about once an hour and finishes fairly early so we couldnt make the trip.

I hadnt realised this beforhand so in future when staying in Par we will make a visit to Fowey.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I’m the other way around - I’ve been known to press “post” without writing anything, hat mkaes nya kdni of scents).

Still warmish to hot over here. It’s Labor Day -but still Summer until 21st September (or thereabouts).

Poor old Jock and his family - a very good year for them will do them all good, they deserve one..

Best, Pete,

I would like to hit the agree button but then you wouldn't know if I was agreeing with the sentiments about Jock or with Pete posting things that don't make sense.

Here’s something else that doesn’t make sense (I’m not expecting an answer but the BBC delete my question):

Why doesn’t the BBC ask the wealthy Gulf States why they are not taking Syrian refugees into their countries?

That’s better, own kcba to larmon!

Best, Pete.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Here’s something else that doesn’t make sense (I’m not expecting an answer but the BBC delete my question):

Why doesn’t the BBC ask the wealthy Gulf States why they are not taking Syrian refugees into their countries?

Best, Pete.

I have seen quite a few cartoons to that effect .

• Like 1

Morning all... (well, it was when I started attempting to post...)

Best wishes to Jock for No.1 Grandson.  I can understand it must be really frustrating not to be allowed in to see him.

Busy here, and trying to work out what was done in my absence last week and where I need to pick up the baton (a semi-helpful handover note was left by my boss).  Back to the grind, but on the bright side it's a 4 day week as I'm off on Friday.  Next week is only half a week too as I'm off Monday and Tuesday (Great North Run recovery and Mum's birthday) and then we have a half day holiday on the Friday.

At least Scottish HQ is sun-drenched today!

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Back for a quick check in and a catch up.

Shopping duly obtained, and we're stocked up pretty well now. 

Not a lot more to report here tonight,  back tomorrow, it's walkies time now.

• Like 7

Evenin' all,

Laptop arrived back this afternoon....no hope of reading a months worth of posts so best wishes and commiserations as appropriate to all.

Is had chemo 3 of 6 on Wednesday, spent 3 days dozing in a darkened room with doors and windows closed togged in a thick tracksuit and ski hat. She came out of that yesterday and is now much brighter...doors and windows open and ski hat swapped for bandana....we should be going to Powis castle on Thursday to meet friends for (timetable to be checked) a trip on the Welshpool & Llanfair....subject to Is being up to it.

I've spent the day making a pair of doors for a storage shed in school....old ones rotted away....no half measures, thick tanalised tongue & groove from a preferred agricultural merchant used to replace the original untreated softwood.

A former farming chap and friend of my dad whom I helped with haymaking as a youngster has been found dead in his flat having lain undiscovered for 10-12 wks. Will have to go to his funeral but a terribly sad way to remember him. 

Enjoy what you do

Dave

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Best, Pete.

There was an article on the BBC about this saying that many had made private donations to help those providing aid in the camps.

I think the quoted fingure was about $900m or £600m.

Probably about what one of them spent on a premier league football team.

Still leaves your question begging an answer, but that may edge into the realms of poly ticks.

• RMweb Premium

Good to hear from you Dave - hope that your trip works out OK and that Is's treatment is having the desired effect though it does seem to be having a bit of a reaction.  Needless to say, I wish her well.

Stewart

ps Tex is back with us, in case you hadn't noticed

• RMweb Gold

Now here properly so 'evenin' all' and a  quiet day in the Green.

Sorry to hear of further tribulations in the family Jock and I hope the hospital will sort things for him.

Running rather late today as our travelling friends (n.b. 'travelling', not traveller) visited and we went down to the town for a pub Lunch and to hear about their camper van tour of Scandinavia and their more recent trip to Paris and Normandy, then a riverside stroll (where it was indeed a quiet day on the green and on the river as well with no boats at all at the lock and up the hill to home.  Then try to catch up on here.

Have a pleasant evening one & all

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

As I'm late to today's party and have yet to read it all I might have missed your reply but I think the top picture.

I hadn't replied yet, Mike. And yes, the top image is Markkleeberg Ost. :yes: But, how about the other one?

• Like 3

The only plus being back over this side of the pond is that its cooler. :sungum:

I am sure there are others but they are not registering at the moment :O

If you had stayed on the Left Coast you'd be cool (and slightly damp). It hasn't made it above 52f for several days now. We had to turn on some heat and put the duvet on the bed. Back to Pacific Northwet weather ;)

Maybe we'll get some decent snow this Winter. I was about to go skiing in March when it suddenly melted.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Evening all, as they don't say at my current work!

More best wishes heaped upon Is, Dave, Jock, Duncan and anyone else in need.  Jock's absence is worrying.......

Mrs H out in the garden painting another coat on the station, which has now acquired a name.  A Manx saying is 'Traaie-dy-Liooar' (pro. Tray-de-lurr) meaning 'time enough', our equivalent of Maniana, or 'I'll do it tomorrow dear, I promise'....maybe..... (Can't do a squiggle above the a, sorry) so the new station is to be.....Train dy Liooar.  Badoom tish. :jester:

• Like 11