RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I am SO pleased that I didn't need to go out for any of the Christmas comestibles this year, and the prawns are now defrosting, the sausages likewise, and and all the needed veg etc is in the rack, and only needs preparing.  I now see how Margo in "The Good Life" enjoyed Christmas coming in a van...

So did you also get "...a spare goose..."???? :)

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all.   SWMBO has departed to have her nails done so I've only got the cats for company.  Most of the various jobs have been done.  I've even managed to clear all the landing but can hardly get into my modelling room.

Roundhouse's post made me feel the need for a "Green with jealousy" button.

BoD, I hope that the week passes well, just think of the fact that in any ways it will be your easiest Christmas ever. I'm sure that in years to come you'll be able to repay the efforts.

I've even managed to do a bit of artwork for having the sand House laser cut.

Hopefully the last jobs will be finished before Carols from Kings. I do love listening to the choir and all those lovely descants.

Jamie

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

A'noon.  Well there you go, still people ordering things...Christmas Eve, where do they expect them to go once collected by postie? Ah well, might be New Year projects!

No rush here as we don't particularly celebrate, not being Christians, so when Mrs H gets in we're off for a Chinese meal, sitty-down as they say back old home.  Then off in the camper van tomorrow for a picnic at one of the islands beauty spots.  There was a time when this was a lonely pursuit, but wherever we go nowadays, we find someone else turning up.

Good wishes to all unwell, and those celebrating the day, whatever religion or way you do so.  A season of goodwill towards mankind is OK by me.

Spent the afternoon watching a Mark Ker-nopfler concert on U-Tube, I wish I had his fingers.......  I seem to be stuck on his music at the moment.

• Like 13

Merry Christmas Eve - also BIN day here but haven't heard any of the monster trucks around so not sure they are actually working today!

Wishing everyone in ER and their friends and families a wonderful Christmas, or whatever else you celebrate tomorrow - cheers from the Abels in Minnesota,

“Waste Management” just picked up our trash. As we are on a Monday and Thursday pick up - no disruptions this year...

Merry Christmas everybody, make the most of your friends and family.

Best, Pete.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

A peaceful,stress free Christmas wishes to all.For the two of us,celebrating over half a century of Christmases together,a celebratory meal with friends at their home and tomorrow the long haul via the M1 and A1 to Tyneside where our son and family are preparing a Christmas dinner for the ensembled gathering

The car will resemble a mobile catering outfit en route to Henley Regatta .....quiche,cooked gammon,pate,ready stuffed peppers.Christmas pudding and a1/2 dozen bottles of wine...plus assorted gifts.

His mother does not trust that he will have all "under control ".....with good reason,hence my wish for a stress free period.

Our first Yule off the patch in nearly a decade....."Noel,Noel ! "

• Like 17

Just a passing visit as the house is filling up with family and bolt holes are few and far between.  Best wishes to BoD.  If you want to stay sane, keep away from any thread that mentions 00-SF or points and turnouts....:-)

Here's hoping you make a full recovery and your eyesight will be back to normal as soon as possible....

To all other ER's.  Have a wonderful Christmas and all the best for the New Year....

Christmas Eve curry has been ordered so the festivities are under way....

• Like 17

Dining table finally visible. And that's without a visit to A&E.

Gammon cooking, chestnuts roasted, final cleaning underway (just stopped for some fluid - tonic water without the gin) and we're so very nearly set.

This evening there's a little bit of prep to do for tomorrow - not much - and must wrap her prezzies.

Good wishes to all, especially those with ailments or recovering.

• Like 16

I think we should start a “book” to name the first ER to go grocery shopping after Christmas Day.

I don’t think it’ll be Mike as he has everything by now.

Can I just add that I’m not allowed to go Grocery Shopping. If anyone wants to know how I achieved this not inconsiderable feat, PM me.....

We’re having pate, smoked salmon, clams, and shredded cod tonight. This appears to be a typical Italian (southern) Christmas Eve dinner...

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

I think we should start a “book” to name the first ER to go grocery shopping after Christmas Day.

I don’t think it’ll be Mike as he has everything by now.

Can I just add that I’m not allowed to go Grocery Shopping. If anyone wants to know how I achieved this not inconsiderable feat, PM me.....

We’re having pate, smoked salmon, clams, and shredded cod tonight. This appears to be a typical Italian (southern) Christmas Eve dinner...

Best, Pete.

Sounds a nice meal! - a bit of Sicilian white to go with that?

If I need to go for food shopping before next week I will need to spend time in the bide a while home for the retired rocket scientists!

Have a good time over the festivities - and, as teh late Dave Allen used to say "may your God be with you"

baz

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Christmas Eve dinner duly consumed - one of Mr green's excellent steak & guinness pies accompanied by asparagus, sprouting (not purple) and mashed spud.  All I have left to do now is wrap Mrs Stationmaster's presents and we shall be complete for the morrow.

Have a enjoyable Christmas Eve (for those who have not yet passed it).

• Like 13

Evening all. Although I had a fair bit of driving today, I didn't really see much of the predicted excessive traffic. The weather was a different matter though. Plenty of heavy rain showers and gusts of wind to push me about on the motorway.

I was back reasonably early but fell asleep as soon as I sat down with a coffee.

A fairly quiet day planned for tomorrow apart from the traditional meal and definitely a few beers.

My thoughts are with those up in Cumbria who are facing yet another episode of flooding. Also thinking of the ER's that have been missing over the last few months.

Merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous 2016 to you all.

• Like 18

Evening all.

More or less all set here, although I haven't wrapped Laura's present yet. Better go and do that after tea... She's decided that the elf slippers with bells on are the order of the day (did I mention that she likes Christmas?) so at least I can hear her coming. 81C should be grateful for this as she's hatching a cunning plan to dognap Barney and Alfie.

Traditional Christmas eve entertainment due imminently- Muppet Christmas Carol, no less.

As with NHN, had some Mark Knopfler playing while tidying the kitchen earlier- a particular favourite of mine is "All the Roadrunning".

No doubt I'll stick my (virtual) nose around the door tomorrow, but enjoy your Christmas Eve folks and a very happy Christmas to you all for tomorrow :)

• Like 15

Just had a nice meal of salmon, tiny potatoes and several veg. Nibbles later if we need them but a 15 year old malt is presently being tested. One of my late fathers collection of malts.

I hope everyone has a good Christmas and everything goes well over the festive period.

Edited by lightengine
  • Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Internet problems today have made me conspicuous by my absence.

You lucky, lucky people.

I shall not tempt fate with a massive missive, but will just write that we are fully prepared for the family onslaught tomorrow.

All I have today is to offer you all my very best wishes for the festive season.

Be safe if you are travelling.

Be full once you have eaten

Be well in health

But remember, it's not all good..............because I'll be back

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 18

As with NHN, had some Mark Knopfler playing while tidying the kitchen earlier- a particular favourite of mine is "All the Roadrunning".

Agree with that, though I think Emmylou Harris has a lot to do with it!

• RMweb Gold

That which needs to be defrosting is proceeding nicely! I have assembled various accompaniments. We had fishcakes for dinner and also finished off some of the leftover pie thing from last night. Not sure what that was called, like a quiche but Italian.

Aditi had done very little food shopping for about 15 years so it is quite amusing going round supermarkets with her.

We are now watching two Sami women leading their reindeer across tundra on BBC 4. Very relaxing television programme.

Tony

• Like 6

Evening all,

Traditional telly watched - my youngest is a big fan of Frank Spencer, so we watched a couple of episodes before the Masterchef final. I think the best thing about this program isn't who wins but about seeing how British cooking has gone over the last 30 or 40 years. Fantastic.

In our small way we made some chocolate truffles yesterday and did a taste testing. Having had a young helper in making them she was quite interested in how to take the recipe forward.

Funnily enough I'd been thinking similarly. Valentines Day is just round the corner, an ideal occasion to test our ideas out!! Or we could just get on with it soonest!

I note from the NORAD site that Father Christmas is en route and should be passing Hampshire in a few hours time. So, without further ado I better sign off and wish you all a very merry Christmas.   

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

The veg has been prepared, the table layout has been tested and partially laid, all hoovering is done and some whisky is being consumed.   Not a bad evening.  

Music will be selected later.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 16