Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Just  a quick visit before I go and pick the boss up from food bank duties.   I've just spent 2 hours working on the electrics for Green Ayre and have finally traced and fixed the intermittent short that was frying rectifiers.   It was one whisker of multicore wire that was bridging a piece of pcb on another panel 20' away but the LEDS's were fed from the fiddle yard.  Very frustrating to deal with and it caused us a lot of trouble at Wakefield.  It only occurred when a button was pushed to set a relay.   So time for some lunch to celebrate.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Mutt walked fed and sleepy.

Time for an interesting lunch whilst the paint dries.

It'll keep me off Twitter for a while! :-D

Dave.

Robbie was getting all excited about going out but Matthew rang and wanted to talk to his Mum, (academic advice, not my area of expertise!). So while I waited I went over to Twitter and noticed some nice food photos and learnt something about superfood seeds too!

Still waiting to go out. Robbie is pacing up and down, and occasionally throwing himself down and sighing!

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 1

Hello, good to hear from Debs, she sounds chipper.

We’ve gained quite a lot of daylight in the past month; today, Sun up is 6:42am, Sunset is 5:42pm and solar noon is 12:12pm. We’re probably ahead of the UK still (until March 21st).

The readings are for my exact location - if you get a chance can you post the times for where you live? I’m interested in the variance within the UK and Eire. Thanks.

Best, Pete.

In Minneapolis - yeah, I know, I'm not really/actually there, but if I were -  sunrise 7:01am sunset 5:51pm today. We'll gain 3min 1sec tomorrow.

• Like 7

Morning from cloudy Long Island.

Absolutely nothing to report from yesterday, dungeon duty and nowt else.

+3 driving in and expected to be +6 for a high. Rain mixed with snow supposed to show up mid-afternoon and continue as a mix overnight, with the potential to actually change to some 1-2 inches of snow cover if the temperature drops. 

Have a good day all.

Here in sunny Teignmouth;

in brief

Dawn - civil twilight begins06:36

Sunrise:07:09

Sunset:17:44

Dusk - civil twilight ends18:17

Low water. .00.36...0.67m

high water. .06.57...4.56m

low water....12.59....0.57m

high water...19.17...4.89m.

• RMweb Premium

Pete (trisonic) as requested.

South Manchester UK

Sunrise 07:12 106 degrees ESE

Meridian 12:22 180 degrees S

Sunset 17:34 254 degrees WSW

Astronomical twilight 5:15 - 19:31

Nautical twilight 5:56 - 18:50

Civil twilight 6:36 - 18:10

Solar noon 12:22

• RMweb Gold

I get up when it's light

I go to bed when it's dark.

Between those times I drink, feed and generally enjoy myself in all manner of ways.

Time only has relevance when I am cooking something.

A watched cake never burns!

I have been given a pile of model railway magazines to sort through.

Some are the Railway Modeller dating back to the 1960's.

How things appear to have improved since then.

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 19

I have been given a pile of model railway magazines to sort through.

Some are the Railway Modeller dating back to the 1960's.

How things appear to have improved since then.

- You wouldn't think so from reading some threads...

• RMweb Gold

Hi all, a message from Jock.

I have had a big scare, but I'm now on radiotherapy as of today, and through to next Tuesday (1st) or Wednesday. There isn't any WiFi here but my daughter has visited me, giving me a short period of access. All being well I'll be back to normal after that, next week.

Much appreciated mate, kind regards,

Jock.

Good to hear. Thank you for passing on Jock's news

I have after many years as a member just found this:

first thing is the good news about Jock. May the progress continue,

second, the weather for Smithfield, Utah, USA

MST: 7.58 am

Lat: 41.83 N long: 111.88 W

Elev: 4452'

16F. -9C

Fair-sunshine later

Sunrise: 7.10 am  Set: 6.10pm

Edited by john flann
  • Like 9

We’ve gained quite a lot of daylight in the past month; today, Sun up is 6:42am, Sunset is 5:42pm and solar noon is 12:12pm. We’re probably ahead of the UK still (until March 21st).

The readings are for my exact location - if you get a chance can you post the times for where you live? I’m interested in the variance within the UK and Eire. Thanks.

Best, Pete.

Here you go Pete.

https://ptaff.ca/soleil/?lang=en_CA4

Best, Pete.

Here is an app. Seems to work ok.

https://ptaff.ca/soleil/?lang=en_CA

I have after many years as a member just found this:

first thing is the good news about Jock. May the progress continue,

second, the weather for Smithfield, Utah, USA

MST: 7.58 am

Lat: 41.83 N long: 111.88 W

Elev: 4605'

16F. -9C

Fair-sunshine later

Sunrise: 7.10 am  Set: 6.10pm

Edited by john flann
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Great to hear from Jock and to know things are going as well as expected. Returning from doing a bit of shopping at about two this afternoon there was a hailstorm, quite heavy but the sun kept shining, I stayed in the car for a few minutes until it passed. Now time to put the kettle on and prepare for dinner, be back later.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Great to hear from Jock and to know things are going as well as expected. Returning from doing a bit of shopping at about two this afternoon there was a hailstorm, quite heavy but the sun kept shining, I stayed in the car for a few minutes until it passed. Now time to put the kettle on and prepare for dinner, be back later.

We were out with Robbie when it started hailing but we must have been on the edge of the storm as it was very gentle here.

Matthew rang again an he said he really isn't coping with the work at the moment, he is finding it difficult to concentrate. He is now well enough to realise that concussion can take a while to recover from. He was a bit low as some of the work he did immediately after the accident didn't get a good mark and he could see something he is doing now wasn't going well. Fortunately he went and had a chat with one of the academics and she was really helpful and it seemed as if a weight was lifted, even apparent over the phone! Also he contacted the team he is organising a conference with in Seville to say he would need to off load some of the tasks allotted to him. This seems to have gone OK too. I think we will go and see him in a couple of weeks again. If the more rest , less work doesn't help he will come home. Matthew feels guilty about asking for help at the moment as one of their lecturers died over the weekend. He was going to be Matthew's dissertation tutor and Matthew really liked him.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S

Hi all, a message from Jock.

I have had a big scare, but I'm now on radiotherapy as of today, and through to next Tuesday (1st) or Wednesday. There isn't any WiFi here but my daughter has visited me, giving me a short period of access. All being well I'll be back to normal after that, next week.

Much appreciated mate, kind regards,

Jock.

That's good to hear

• RMweb Premium

Hey up Pete, hope this makes sense - its for Leeds UK

Sunrise Today:07:10 106° East
Sunset Today:17:31 254° West

Moonrise Today:18:34 82° East
Moonset Today:07:18 281° West

Daylight Hours:10 hours, 21 minutes (+4m 11s) 

http://www.sunrise-and-sunset.com/en/sun/united-kingdom/leeds

and more information on the website above

• RMweb Premium

Ed Cold progressing - spent some time inspecting the inside of my eye lids today

May try my cure all... a curry!

Good to hear from Jock, hope Is session wasn't too uncomfortable and hopefully Debs is on line for a steady recovery. 

Baz

• Like 3