The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Nah , just another idiot who thinks sea water stays at the same level , you know ,

like a river .

We will get plenty more doing the same , always have , always will as they say .

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Just had an email from Liverpool to say that a certain DJM J94 Austerity has arrived. Management was already notified in advance that this one was coming so I shouldn't be in (too much) trouble this time.  :yes:  :imsohappy:   :yahoo:  :locomotive:

Bob, look at my latin moto, it sums the permanent situation of most husbands up very well.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Bob, look at my latin moto, it sums the permanent situation of most husbands up very well.

Jamie

It was translated for me one night in the Ratty Arms at Ravenglass during a working party weekend.  One f the party was a Cambridge classics MA and wrote it out on a beermat for me.  Unfortunately Pete is no longer with us, but at least his education was put to good use. 

Jamie

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon everyone.

The day started out warm and sunny but by lunch the skies had darkened and were threatening rain, which arrived at lunchtime.

Today my travels took me to Monton, where we have 2 sites, Warburton tunnel, (we have a gas pipeline which runs in its own tunnel under the Manchester Ship Canal, a lovely place to work NOT!), luckily my work today was on the surface, Cadishead, where I had lunch and then finally on to Trafford Park. I clocked up a grand total of 28 miles, an unusually low figure for me and one where there was no motorway mileage for a change, it'll be something similar for me tomorrow too. After the Trafford Park job I managed to get home early and had a cuppa with Mrs W.

This evening will hopefully despite the rain, see me swimming in the quays.

Back later.

• Like 12

Two dogs to vets - both with the after effects of something picked up on the beach last week. The effects are best described using the Bristol Scale. The timing is every two hours, day and night. Antibiotics and bland food, which fortunately they like.

Kerry is treating the antibiotics as sweeties, but with Sandy it's a different matter. Currently after a walk during the latter half of which the heavens opened, two damp dogs are drying off, one in my seat and one on the caravan sofa.

Apparently summer was yesterday.

Apparently summer was yesterday.

Beautiful day here in sunny Teignmouth today. It started raining around 11am and hasnt stopped yet. Lots of entertainment on the Den as it is Teignmouth Regatta week. I doubt that it will be well attended, especially the pavement drawing.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Still knackered, and it was a busy day at work too, with a staff member off unexpectedly just to put a cherry on top. Such is life.  I'm supposed to be retired......

Mrs H currently pressure jetting the cars, not sure why she felt the need to do so tonight but I'm keeping a low profile and cooking dinner!  Of course working in Peel my car gets a lot of seagull umbala on it. I don't care, I have no interest in cars they are just tools to me, but it must be something about being seen by friends or something!

The tide flooded camper would be ruined here, we have a high tidal rise and fall.  I hope they wash all the salt out from all the nooks and crannies, or it will be scrap soon enough.  A friend once bought a land rover that he discovered afterwards had been flooded in the sea, it dissolved in front of his eyes almost.  A BAAAD  buy!

• RMweb Gold

Never ceases to amaze me how good an aim the seagulls have around here always seem to hit the car, and if you park anyware on the front in Peel they stand on the bonnet and stare you out in the hope of food

• Like 7

Never ceases to amaze me how good an aim the seagulls have around here always seem to hit the car, and if you park anyware on the front in Peel they stand on the bonnet and stare you out in the hope of food

When I was working I parked the company car in their private car park in the centre of Cardiff. We had visitations from bl00dy seagulls; I swear they eat  a diet based around Evostick - I found Tar remover the best to remove their unwanted "presents". :yes: :yes:

Dave

When SWMBO was on her sick bed, a villager called with some magazines.

What have I been missing?

PREGNANT BY THE THE MAN WHO KILLED MY BOY.

NO IDEA I WAS LIVING WITH A MONSTER.

NAUGHTY DADDY STOLEN BY THE BABYSITTER.

OOPS I'VE MARRIED THE WRONG BROTHER.

SLEAZY HUBBY HAD A BABY WITH MY DAUGHTER.

SICK TEACHER LICKED NUTELLA OFF MY NAKED BODY

and on and on.

Lucky there's only 30 houses in our village.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Peel seagulls are notorious, even by Manx standards. 'Manx Eagles'.  As we have extended our premises we now park on the other side of the building, and for a while it seemed to be eagle free, but they have worked it out and my car was covered.  Bl@@dy things.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

and on and on.

...and now you know what they get up to in the other 29.

• RMweb Gold

and on and on.

Our parish newsletter is not so salacious.

• RMweb Premium

That particular beach is notorious for vehicles being caught by the tide. IIRC this was the same beach where two very expensive German cars were stranded a few weeks ago.

That's the one Phil , about 3 miles from where I'm typing this . I think I posted the link to

that incident too .

• RMweb Premium

Yorkshire played badly and lost .. on Yorkshire Day.

Her indoors was a runner up and a winner.. so two signed and frame certificates and two bits of glass or perspex. Well done to her indoors she does deserve the recognition.

Sleep well!

Baz

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone.

I think the rain put a lot of swimming tonight, as there wasn't many in the water. Can't think why a bit of water falling down from the sky would put people off, you're swimming in the stuff when all's said and done! I also got my monies worth tonight, I was the last one out of the water, I was also a bit quicker than last week too, completing a mile in 47:32.

Anyway, I'm bucking follocksed so I'm off to bed.

Goodnight all.

• Like 15