RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Hazy sunshine atm but looks ready to brighten up. Neighbour opposite is having a new drive laid, Sunday and Monday they removed the old concrete drive and then left it, including a pile of sand in the road. I'm expecting something to happen any night now because a) the pile of sand is unlit b) Essex CC switch the street lights off at 01:00 hours and c) Some teenagers take great delight in riding old motorbikes very noisily up and down the street without any lights after  that time. :jester: Nothing much else to report, happy birthday Don, be back later.

• Like 15

A lovely sunny start to the day although a little chilly. Another year older today I seem to be rapidly approaching my three score and ten (two to go). 

Enjoy your day.

Don

You are even younger than I am!  Enjoy the day,

Chris

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

There is also the issue of a leaning (wooden) fence post to sort. "Rot" you say, "Very likely" say I.

Well Children, what should GDB do?

Should he push the post and see if he can fall over with it, or should he pull it so it lands on top of him?

Looking through the round window we see him on top of the fence post having managed to to headbutt the capping piece when it hit the ground.

In the square window we see him under the fence post with the capping having broken his nose.

Poor GDB!

What you also see in both pictures is the damaged caused when the rest of the fence collapsed around him crushing the newly planted possessions of Mrs GDB, and their next door neighbours.

I think GDB in trouble now.

Tomorrow on Watch with Mother, Olddudders takes a trip to France.

Edited by Happy Hippo

Lovely sunny day in Cardiff

Bathroom cleaned, ironing done (jobs inherited from SWMBO since retirement).

My neighbour's funeral this afternoon, I will be serving on the altar for it.

Warmest regards to you all,

Dave

p.s. there is no way i would trust myself with a chainsaw even if I did have a use for one!

• RMweb Gold

Almost as good as being on the scene yourself! When's the next update due?

No action there in recent days. Tom is being coy - and Alison is breaking her heart as usual. Gerry is due next weekend - but there's never any action with him any more.

• Like 8

Any chance of MFM action there Ian? Keep us informed. Safe journey back.

I guess Grandadbob hasn't got a chainsaw. That would be a lethal combination.

Thanks for the kids tv laugh HH, my wife wondered why I was laughing.

Pleasant sunny day again here in sunny Teignmouth.

Happy birthday to the Exmoor Don.

Edited by lightengine
  • Like 15

• RMweb Gold

If the broken/rotten fence post hasn't been set down with too much concrete and the bit above ground is still sound I would opt for a concrete repair spur. You do need to break out the concrete to get the spur to sit close to the post although a piece of packing can be used if the spur is not close enough.  A bit of Postcrete (or similar makes) to set the spur in then bolt the post to it. I can usually do it without separating the post from the fence which avoids damaging the fence.and apart from a small area around where the spur goes doesn't damage the plants. Years of experience with Telephone poles and fence posts shows these things will rot close to the point where the post goes into the ground and it can be a pain trying to get the bottom bit of the old post out with its usual collar of concrete.

Don

• RMweb Gold

The fact is that Tom had been Alison's lover for several years, but his interest waned, it seemed. So after very considerable online research, she found Gerry, a divorcee. Their thing had been going on for some months, including a holiday in the Dordogne with her three boys, when, anticipating trouble if Tom actually saw her with another man at last year's local festival, Alison told Tom about Gerry. The result was unprecedented levels of renewed interest, with nocturnal visits to her home and all sorts of practical help - not least to me, emptying my cesspool and moving Bronte's corpse to a place where it could be collected.

Then family resentment intervened and the facts of life were explained to him. His 160 hectare farm includes land belonging to both his father and f-i-l, and there is a large outstanding loan on a robot milking system, which his idle wife demanded as she was fed up with having to connect things manually. Suddenly he became a scared rabbit, and that remains the position today. There were 5 months in which he was nearly everything Alison wanted, except living with her, for which he has an open invitation.

Gerry lives in the Vendée, and has no idea of Tom's place in Alison's heart, although he has met him.

Position explained!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Any chance of MFM action there Ian? Keep us informed. Safe journey back.

I guess Grandadbob hasn't got a chainsaw. That would be a lethal combination.

Thanks for the kids tv laugh HH, my wife wondered why I was laughing.

Pleasant sunny day again here in sunny Teignmouth.

Happy birthday to the Exmoor Don.

Chainsaws are something I am wary about too easy to do damage to oneself. I do have a pole attachment one which at least keeps distance between me and the cutting bit.

Don

• Like 12

The fact is that Tom had been Alison's lover for several years, but his interest waned, it seemed. So after very considerable online research, she found Gerry, a divorcee. Their thing had been going on for some months, including a holiday in the Dordogne with her three boys, when, anticipating trouble if Tom actually saw her with another man at last year's local festival, Alison told Tom about Gerry. The result was unprecedented levels of renewed interest, with nocturnal visits to her home and all sorts of practical help - not least to me, emptying my cesspool and moving Bronte's corpse to a place where it could be collected.

Then family resentment intervened and the facts of life were explained to him. His 160 hectare farm includes land belonging to both his father and f-i-l, and there is a large outstanding loan on a robot milking system, which his idle wife demanded as she was fed up with having to connect things manually. Suddenly he became a scared rabbit, and that remains the position today. There were 5 months in which he was nearly everything Alison wanted, except living with her, for which he has an open invitation.

Gerry lives in the Vendée, and has no idea of Tom's place in Alison's heart, although he has met him.

Position explained!

So where does Martin fit in?

Bill

• Like 6

Well Children, what should GDB do?

Should he push the post and see if he can fall over with it, or should he pull it so it lands on top of him?

Looking through the round window we see him on top of the fence post having managed to to headbutt the capping piece when it hit the ground.

In the square window we see him under the fence post with the capping having broken his nose.

Poor GDB!

It's said that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...

...GDB must be built like the Hulk by now.

• Like 2

Martin is truly hung like a donkey - because he is one! He's been 'done' so won't be getting frisky with Varian, my elderly WelshXThoroughbred.

There is a response to this, but maybe I should leave it to Ivan.

Bill

• Like 11

Guys,

You realise we are about to hit page 6000!

I probably won't achieve the post, off to my German class soon then the tail end of a diocesan meeting.

Keep well all,   Bill

• Like 11

WAH today. Writing stuff for students to do - or misunderstand heath they have to do, which is more likely.

Vermiceoly farm sorted, simply because I rans out of any spare space, and couldn't have two laptops on my lap at once.

• Like 1