Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Good morning all from a bright, but doubtless chilly Somerset.......I hope all is well with you...

Came back yesterday from a pleasant visit to Croyde Bay and immediate surrounds. First time there, but won't be the last, even if the weather didn't exactly play ball. 10,000+ steps each day according to the phone app, so we didn't exactly sit in the bar all the time! 

Our food supplies need replenishing today, so Sainsbury's appears on the agenda this morning - as does Nero....

Tomorrow Southmead, Bristol beckons for results of the biopsy......keeping positive....

Have a good one folks - whatever you're up to...

Steve

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Bright, sunny but cold this morning but it looks as if its not going to last. Like Rick I am expecting a couple of parcels, one might arrive today or tomorrow and the other in a couple of days time. The first parcel is a laser cut model building kit by 4Ground models. The second parcel should contain some extra models from the Atlas World of Stobart set. The Stobart shop is selling off some surplus items from the range, at £12 each! I intended to watch 'The War Horse' yesterday but managed to forget, never mind it will come around again soon. Bye for now, be back later.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Over the past week or so i have been suffering from hand, foot and mouth!

Obviously contracted from my grand daughter who also had it.

Fortunately I didn't develop the rash that accompanies it, but got the other symptoms especially the mouth ulcers which seemed to merge into one long sore patch.

This impacted on my party trick of swallowing a large toasted loaf in one go!

However, apart from making me even happier than usual, it was a good excuse for a bit of a rst when it looked like household duties were likely to take precedence over more pleasing activities.

Today one must resume playing catch up in the decorating stakes, so I have a few planks to cut up and fit as covering over some pipework and do a bit more rubbing down of skirting boards so they can be repainted.

Perhaps a relapse is called for:

'Mistress, I suddenly feel feak and weeble, I'll need to have a rest and recover.'

I hear hysterical laughing from the kitchen, so I presume that's a NO!

• RMweb Gold

Could not resist altering GDB post I think it's a bit more authentic, had a great day at Tolworth with the forementioned and Duncan it looked as if GDB was under orders not to spend tokens   :laugh:

however we did meet a few Webber's at the show, pity some could not make it (Dick Ian & Rick) and unlucky to you Chrisf going Saturday and not meeting anyone from the show goer's "A Team". :D

I can assure you old friend that no such orders were given and she wouldn't dare because she knows that that would be a declaration of total warfare. There would only be one winner in that situation and it would most definitely be me. I know I refer to her as The Boss but that is only because it appeals to my sense of humour.  :jester:

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

The saga goes on, Having filled in my expences onto the new computerised system, only for the last line of instructions being,  now print out what you have done and post it to them in foreign places. I have now received an... email from foreign climes..

Please send your bank details as they are unable to process my claim....

After having a wander around here and asking various people, yes you do have to send your bank detail by email..

It is because they are in foreign places they cannot pay into my bank account, as the details for my pay are held by a different division of the company and paid in the UK..

Not only that but the software they use, is different from the software I've typed all the details into, so they type it all in again using the paperwork I've sent and viewing what I've typed on screen......

Edited by TheQ

• RMweb Gold

To quote Dr Quinn: Medicine Woman:

'He's resting now.'

giphy.gif

Hand, foot and mouth was one of those things we were totally ignorant about until we had a child. I was 40 when Matthew was born. It was one he didn't get but I remember it being discussed. Other mysteries revealed by having a child were the magical powers of Calpol.

Nursery once refused Matthew entry as they said they didn't like the look of the "rash" on his face. I said as it was a result iof falling face first into damp sand at Frinton the previous day it was unlikely to be contagious.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S

• RMweb Premium

It is cold in Freezywater.

Of course it is. That’s why it got the name isn’t it? Where on Earth? In the no-man’s-land between Enfield and Waltham Cross. And it is unnecessarily cold because Transport for Londoners got me to Enfield late resulting in the planned bus “connection” being missed. Lunch is therefore early and there’s another W10 in an hour.

• RMweb Gold

G'day all,

Weather is reasonable and not raining (at the moment) and no doubt slightly chilly but then it is November. 'Puter remains in operation - until the next power cut or disconnection to take it to the mending man.  Next door's patio construction work has now entered week 4 (or five - I'm losing count) but an actual patio doesn't seem to be appearing yet although tons of oggin are going in to replace the chalk laden soil which was dug out; great work if you can get it.

Have a good day one and all

• Like 11

It is cold in Freezywater.

Of course it is. That’s why it got the name isn’t it? Where on Earth? In the no-man’s-land between Enfield and Waltham Cross. ....

Freezywater is where long-time EMGS Stores man Doug Fairhurst lived - all orders had to go there.

• RMweb Premium

Interesting reading. What would the results be on this side of the pond? Chances are, not too different really :no:

I don't know, I'd rather do the R bit of CPR on a woman..., if CPR dummys are all male, why are they called ResusyAnnie

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I don't know, I'd rather do the R bit of CPR on a woman..., if CPR dummys are all male, why are they called ResusyAnnie

Because ResussyBilly sounds really daft.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

They can hardly put a big pair of knockers on a resass dummy. :derisive:

When I did my first aid training we were told that the resus dummy was modelled after the daughter of the inventor who had tragically drowned. He developed the dummy to try to ensure that in future the victims would have at least chance, but Wiki gives a different story:

Resusci Anne, also known as Rescue Anne, Resusci Annie or CPR Annie, is a model of training manikin used for teaching cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to both emergency workers and members of the general public. Resusci Anne was developed by the Norwegian toy maker Asmund Laerdal and the Austrian-Czech physician Peter Safar and American physician James Elam, and is produced by the company Laerdal Medical.
The distinctive face of Resusci Anne was based on L'Inconnue de la Seine, the death mask of an unidentified young woman reputedly drowned in the River Seine around the late 1880s

I thought that the quotedarticle, if true, spoke to US sensibilities. I would imagine that most people, faced with a non-breathing casualty, wouldn't worry too much about gender. Or at least I would hope not.

• RMweb Gold

Busy day at work, as befits the time of year.  Two staff down today too, so NHN is a bit frazzed.

Which makes the speedy turnaround and despatch of my order today all the more impressive! For which many thanks.

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 16

Cornered a BT person today.

He reckons the village should have fibre optic by Christmas.

I'm considering opening a book on it.

Bah Humbug.

When asked why BBBand kept dropping out now he said it was the computer that tested every line in England and sent Engineers out the next day if faults were found.

I pointed out that we are in Wales.

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Cornered a BT person today.

He reckons the village should have fibre optic by Christmas.

I'm considering opening a book on it.

Bah Humbug.

When asked why BBBand kept dropping out now he said it was the computer that tested every line in England and sent Engineers out the next day if faults were found.

I pointed out that we are in Wales.

I live in a large modern city.. no projected date for BT fibre..........................

Baz

Because ResussyBilly sounds really daft.

Apparently you shall all shortly* be guilty of the latest sin, manikinism. 

Label not, or ye shall be labelled!  

And by shortly I mean in due course - quite soon, rather than implying* you are also all guilty of heightism. 

And by implying, I mean suggesting,rather than suggesting you are guilty of plying small devilish sprites.  

I hope that's made things clearer. I'd not be wanting to be guilty of a lack of clear-voyance. 

:jester:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Asterix the Gaul hanging from the rear view mirror to complete the look?

Makes a change from a spring-loaded nodding Dogmatix promoting the driver’s insurer on the parcel shelf ;)

ResusciAnne

What ever the truth the reality is that she is a great training tool and tastes better than a patient. In my experience anyway.

Night all.

• Like 4