The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Tony

So sorry to hear this shocking news. Working in administration at a University, I always enjoyed reading your tales about Matthew's travels around Europe and his research. My thoughts are with you and Aditi . . . . . . .

Mike

Just called in before bed. Was going to post a frivolous update about my night at the Burton Toy Fabre.

Then I read Tony’s post.

Stunned sand shocked.

My heartfelt thoughts, wishes and condolences to Tony and Aditi.

RIP Matthew.

No more to be said.

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone

Well it’s been another one of those funny days. This morning when I walked to the swimming baths it was dry but dull, this afternoon it rained and early evening the sun came out!

It was quite busy at the baths this morning and I had to wait for people to get out before I could do any serious swimming. But I did manage to get quite a few lengths in, approximately 70 in total. I also managed to do 6 consecutive lengths 4 times! So I think my breathing technique is improving.

As is the norm for a Wednesday, we had Ava, Evie and Max round for tea and as is also the norm, it was bedlam! But at least we didn’t have any tears from Ava, as sometimes the twins wind her up and she struggles to deal with the stress that this brings. But dealing with stress is part of her medical problem anyway.

Jamie, you might want to skip this bit. Tomorrow WE are going to Ikea as Sheila wants to get a few decorative boxes to go in her sewing room.

Tony and Aditi. So sorry to read the news about Mathew and like other have said, I just don’t know what else to say.

Goodnight all.

• RMweb Premium

Not a lot to say this morning just looking out of the window at the sunny morning but seem to have something in my eye and give thanks for what we have. 

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208

• RMweb Premium

Just read Tony's post, and it stopped me in my tracks.  My sincerest sympathy and condolences at this unexpected event.

Nothing more to say this morning.

• RMweb Gold

Sherry is tearful. I am gobsmacked. What on earth can we say? Two of the sweetest people have lost their son unexpectedly. There are no words to cover such a ghastly event. Sorry sounds so superficial. We care.

• Like 1

Tony, Aditi,

I'm truly shocked to hear of your loss. 

You have my profound condolences.

Thank you for feeling close enough to us all that you can share this news with us; ERers are here for you. 

Andy

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Tony, only just became aware of these dreadful news. Totally shocked and saddened, and at loss for words...

May I extend our heartfelt thoughts and sympathies to you and yours.

Dom, Elise and Annika

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Thank you for all your thoughts. I feel I am coping on some sort of auto pilot. I don't think I knew what grief really felt like.

We are going to Ireland on Sunday. The university couod get us an earlier flight but I don't think I could cope or be any use. The Gardai have secured Matthew's room and will meet us at the plane and take us to Castleknock. There is a post mortem today. The British Embassy in Dublin rang me this morning to offer support if necessary.

Everyone is being so kind.

Tony