The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Visited Rayleigh toy fair this morning and spent a few bob, mostly on diecasts including a brace of 'World of Stobart' track machines at £5 each. Discussed with various people if there is enough interest to be able to fill a coach to the Warley show in November. Not much else to report, still looking for somewhere to hide from next Saturdays Royal wedding/cup final as I have not the slightest interest in either.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Aditi's sister has been asked to obtain some Royal Wedding memorabilia. That wouldn't be on her usual shopping list. However her son Paul lives in Germany and he will be in the UK next week and a number of his girlfriend's work colleagues have requested mugs or similar. Like many others in the family Paul seems to get a lot of "random" stops at security. A complete tea set with royal images would cause confusion ("does not fit profile") I suspect.

Tony

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Visited Rayleigh toy fair this morning and spent a few bob, mostly on diecasts including a brace of 'World of Stobart' track machines at £5 each. Discussed with various people if there is enough interest to be able to fill a coach to the Warley show in November. Not much else to report, still looking for somewhere to hide from next Saturdays Royal wedding/cup final as I have not the slightest interest in either.

We're sorted for the day.   That evening we are having our leaving do fro friends in and a round the village at the Con Club (My ancestors will be turning in their graves) and that's far more important than some wedding in Windsor. Anyway from being 3rd in line to the throne Harry (Or Henry as he really is) is now 6th.

Jamie

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Awl Inner Temple Here,

Well the plans didn't happen, between Ben the Border Collie's morning patrol, and me departing the house it started raining, and continued to do so until just after 12:00.

So I retired to the alley way, to decide what to do. I then realised it was Sunday and treasure hunt day on the radio, take one dumb blond female send her around the county, by direction of the audience who phone or email in. Going from clue to clue normally 5 of them with intermittent radio and phone contact this being Norfolk., the clues are often at village shows or events. Quite often funny, often interesting especially if it comes nearby. I have seen the crew once when they started next to the sailing club.

Today's show was enlivened by a new girl, as the old one cried of sick, the radio car developing a flat tyre before the start, and the standby portable radio gear not working...

What has this to do with the alley way?.... No mains power for the radio. And the insulation between shed and alley now is installed and works so I can't hear that radio anymore ( not without deafening SWMBO inside...)

So I spent the first 4 hours connecting up 3 double sockets and a waterproof socket into one

of the sheds ring mains..

I had decided to just plug in a pair of 4 ft LED striplights. Which was easier than expected as I opened the box to find plug with cable, and interlink cables supplied. These were mounted high above the passageway.

Still having time left, I started dividing the under bench area up for storage, the first for my Pelican case, this one, [url=https://www.waterproof-cases.co.uk/product/peli-1690-case/]

Which will be used for transport of stuff to events celebrating, rathad iaranin.

The great fried egg of course has now shown up about an hour ago, so I had a long soak in the bath in the sun.

I'm now appreciating a Highland park,

Time to take another sip.

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 13

Simon calm down dear boy it's only an unclad beef tin.  :sarcastic:

I.H.Atespam  :biggrin_mini2:

Heretic!

• RMweb Gold

My antivirus software needing renewing. No problems on Android and Windows devices. Knowing how fussy the fruit branded computer was I made sure it was updated first. This caused it to demonstrate what appears to be a problem connecting to secure Wi-Fi. Lots of suggestions on the web on how to deal with this. Not at all useful. I didn't really want to use a connection with no encryption or modify the router to downgrade it to something that only one computer so I used an Ethernet cable. While Aditi was out shopping I tried again. I did get it working but I don't know how. Deep in "advanced settings" I must have turned something on or off. If it doesn't work next time I will just use the lead.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 15

My antivirus software needing renewing. No problems on Android and Windows devices. Knowing how fussy the fruit branded computer was I made sure it was updated first. This caused it to demonstrate what appears to be a problem connecting to secure Wi-Fi. Lots of suggestions on the web on how to deal with this. Not at all useful. I didn't really want to use a connection with no encryption or modify the router to downgrade it to something that only one computer so I used an Ethernet cable. While Aditi was out shopping I tried again. I did get it working but I don't know how. Deep in "advanced settings" I must have turned something on or off. If it doesn't work next time I will just use the lead.

The wireless in my Dell desktop stopped working about a month ago. I've no idea if it's a hardware or software problem and I wasn't about to spend hours trying to find out, so I plugged it in to the Ethernet port on a wi-fi repeater.

Edited by AndyID
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Phil there appears to be an exhibition in Ely and of course there's Expo EM in Bracknell.  However the wedding venue lies between you and Bracknell (depending on which route you use).  Plus the location of Expo EM is sufficiently close to various routes towards Windsor as to get visitors to it throughly tangled up with gawper traffic heading for Windsor - as usually happens in the Bracknell area when something 'big' is happening in the Windsor/Ascot direction.   I foresee major traffic chaos between the nearest M3 exit to Expo EM and Bracknell plus similar chaos in the opposite direction due to streams of traffic from two directions trying to blend into one at the junction just north of Bagshot.  Ely sounds a better bet to me!

• Like 3

Reading all the above problems with wireless networks, I'm glad I put 3 CAT6 outlets next to every mains point when I had the house rewired!

I'm currently communicating with you via the green cable!

post-6741-0-38256100-1526233298_thumb.jpg

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Evening.

Very best wishes to all in need of support.

Little to report, sunshine, bike ride, gardening, sort of day.  Garden railway closed due to flowering.....flowery things.

post-10195-0-50674200-1526236785_thumb.jpg

If we're still talking about premium brand cars, this Audi A1 had a whoopsie last night back in my old home town.  Impressive.

post-10195-0-48202200-1526236769_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

If we're still talking about premium brand cars, this Audi A1 had a whoopsie last night back in my old home town.  Impressive.

attachicon.gifAUDI.jpg

The obvious question is "How?".

• RMweb Premium

Just shown the pic to a petrolhead friend - his comment -  that level of stuck requires a weapons-grade numpty.

The handrail lines look to be intact on both sides so he has either come down the steps and managed to turn sideways or come flying down one of the embankments and jumped the barriers. The recovery could be interesting.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208

• RMweb Premium

The handrail lines look to be intact on both sides so he has either come down the steps and managed to turn sideways or come fling down one of the embankments and jumped the barriers. The recovery could be interesting.

Jamie

Came down the embankment and jumped the barriers - went through some at the top though!

• RMweb Premium

Phil there appears to be an exhibition in Ely and of course there's Expo EM in Bracknell.  However the wedding venue lies between you and Bracknell (depending on which route you use).  Plus the location of Expo EM is sufficiently close to various routes towards Windsor as to get visitors to it throughly tangled up with gawper traffic heading for Windsor - as usually happens in the Bracknell area when something 'big' is happening in the Windsor/Ascot direction.   I foresee major traffic chaos between the nearest M3 exit to Expo EM and Bracknell plus similar chaos in the opposite direction due to streams of traffic from two directions trying to blend into one at the junction just north of Bagshot.  Ely sounds a better bet to me!

I looked at Ely but its just a little to far for my liking, there is a closer one to me at Royal Tunbridge Wells but thats only a small exhibition. I am contemplating going to a preserved railway, theres plenty to choose from, the Bluebell and the Chapel and Wakes Colne are easily doable from home.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

I was looking for the one on the Norfolk Broads where the car ended up half on a moored boat half still in the car park.

But this will have to do.

He walked away after driving off the cliff top 60 ft above.

post-15969-0-96792500-1526240392.jpg

• Like 10

Next question: Did he own it, or was it nicked?

Several years ago I was exhibiting a layout at the Folkestone show in the Leas Cliff Hall there. The fire brigade where just leaving as we arrived on the Saturday morning. We were told a young love struck person had tried to end it all by driving his car over the cliff edge just close by. He had not been successful because he had made two basic errors. Firstly the cliff is not vertical, in fact it has many trees growing out of it and this is what had saved him. His car was lodged in one of the more substantial trees and the brigade had to use a ladder to get to him. Secondly, he had not undone his seat belt!   

• Like 14