RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

3 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

GDB gets a chimney demolished at GDB Towers.

Get the man a plaster......he's just sweating a little.

Most definitely a case of the operator uttering those immortal words "Smell it? I'm sat in it!"

Dave

• Like 2
  • Agree 7
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Shades of one of the Blaster Bates tracks that was summed up by the photographer along these lines, "Pictures be B**ggered I had a bowel movement " and "40 miles there, 40 miles back sh1t myself and had a bowel movement."..

Jamie

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, martin_wynne said:

Hi Dave,

Try reading Page 99 :  http://templot.com/companion/basics.php

Lots of friendly help on Templot Club.

cheers,

Martin.

Thanks Martin. I've actually got to grips with some of the basics and managed to produce the start of a track plan but I don't think I'm going about things the best way as although the tracks and turnouts actually line up it takes me a lot of fiddling to achieve it and the timbering is a mess. Anyway, I'll persevere and once I've read the link you sent I'll see if I can do some more somewhat less laboriously and with better results.

Regards

Dave

Edited by Dave Hunt
Finger trouble - wrong button pressed
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Trust me, even I wouldn't be stupid enough to be anywhere near a chimney like that being demolished.

Anyway Bob, the chap concerned wasn't even scratched so it couldn't have been you :).

Dave

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 10

1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

Shades of one of the Blaster Bates tracks that was summed up by the photographer along these lines, "Pictures be B**ggered I had a bowel movement " and "40 miles there, 40 miles back sh1t myself and had a bowel movement."..

Jamie

Bowel movement?  "Did the earth move for you love?"

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

A'noon.

Jamie, my mate that races at Bonneville  trashed his ankle two years ago, and had it plated in Salt Lake City.  When they came to remove it here, their tools didn't fit!  Presumably Imperial rather then Metrique!  Cock up city, had to be sewn up for a later second attempt.

Brian- Tracksetta's do NOT correspond to the Setrack Radii system - so you can't use them in that way.  A FAQ at work as to why they don't fit.....

The lurgy is slowly receding, we went to the Big City this morning to get new front tyres on the camper (Mrs NHN driving - I'm not up to it yet) and that was about it for me, knackered now.  Coughing is less but still feel really 'flat' and tired.  

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, AndyID said:

I think they ran out of Meccano.

scan0001.jpg.30da45aafc90b89c07acdeb9ff9e2801.jpg

scan0002.jpg.794fdb533c8cd0f5d4ec04847f4693bf.jpg

Looks good Andy, hope you 're able to maintain the pain relief. I should think that'll stay in, but if the screws loose or anything they may change that.  My screws were always going to come out as they did say they would begin to cause issues, unfortunately one screw was already broken so it is still in there, deep, deep down so too difficult to get out.  They wouldn't let me keep the bits either, rotters.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all,

And happy birthday Jim - long time no see but at least your pics still keep coming.

So from Risex we are returned;  breakfast in the Crepe Escape wasn't too bad with the Good Doctor greatly enjoying her bacon on pancakes with maple syrup although my more traditional fare was served on a cold plate which did not best please me as I had to race to finish it before it went cold.  The show itself was as good as ever (but no advance tickets for Railex, Mr Bigcheeseplant was 'suitably instructed for the future') with various nice layouts.  They included 'Ealing Road' from the C5 tv series layout building challenge which has turned out to be a quite good scenically pleasing layout after some further work with some nice perspective modelling of rows of terrace houses plus of course the amusement of 'spot the Ealing comedy films' - the clue for 'The Titfield Thunderbolt' is fairly subtle and lurking in one corner while I wonder just how many visitors realised the significance of a ship called  'Cabinet Minister' with many wooden boxes forming its cargo?

Some other layouts as well of course in the more normal exhibition mode and all worth seeing although several were more than familiar - but as ever I was happy to see them again.  Nothing took my fancy for the spending of money - that made a nice change from most shows I visit!  An interesting array of cockwombles and worse on the roads - our outward trip was mainly in fist & mog but quite a few idiots seem blessed with a third sense that required them not to turn on their lights along with apparently armour plated cyclists who no doubt presumed their near total invisibility didn't matter because the car etc would bounce off after hitting them because they couldn't be seen until the last moment.  Truly dangerouswomble was encountered on the way home when we joined the stretch dual carriageway down Bix Hill behind 4 cars and a motorbike.   Cars 3 &4 plus the motorbike plus the Good Doctor behind them all pulled immediately into the outside lane after which car No.2 pulled out in front of all of us as we were accelerating to overtake it and car No1.  Clearly the driver of car No.2, a Volvo, doesn't understand what driving mirrors are for or presumes that an indicator flashing means all those behind me must brake very hard to avoid hitting me.  Judging by the handsignal he gave as he finally passed the miscreant it would seem the motorcyclist thought it was being driven by two people.

Anyway we got home in one piece - to some home made vegetable soup as soon as were ready for it.

Enjoy the rest of the day one and all.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Awl,

Trimming pillar blocks, 10:00

Window fitted wall built around it. 13:00

Door fitted including frame 15:00

Ben the Border Collie  walked 16:00

Even with two lots of pink pills I am in some pain,  my back said no when I lifted the first breeze block to 6ft above the ground level. Three more were needed that high..  Shoulders neck and hips have joined in. 

The wall. Is built, the door is installed,  the lock doesn't work yet as the slot  isn't cut it is however  secure. 

The window is in but needs sanding and painting the door needs a top coat.  The wall needs plastering outside,  and  some filling inside.. 

In a fortnights time I need to build the internal Block pillar to take the weight off the wooden center pillar.  Then build the u shaped docking station for tool trollies. 

Well I'm half way through a large Amber liquid anaesthetic,  eyelid inspection  shortly. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 12

Afternoon all. And it's a weekend in Salop shire to help celebrate a relative's birthday. 

What do you want by way of a present?

A full English! 

So tomorrow I'll be setting to to produce a plate of bacon, sausages, eggs, hash brown (rostI to be precise), beans, black pudding and mushrooms.  Oh and fried bread if SWMBO isn't looking. 

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Afternoon all. And it's a weekend in Salop shire to help celebrate a relative's birthday. 

What do you want by way of a present?

A full English! 

So tomorrow I'll be setting to to produce a plate of bacon, sausages, eggs, hash brown (rostI to be precise), beans, black pudding and mushrooms.  Oh and fried bread if SWMBO isn't looking. 

Are hash browns and rosti actually English?  Surely fried slices of potato, or indeed fried up mashed spud, are the British way of doing the job?

• Like 1
  • Agree 9

I was under strict orders not to jump up and down whilst watching the rugby after my operation yesterday, England's performance made sure I did just that, boy skippy is so out of his depth, we are supposed to be getting ready for a World Cup here and getting better. 2 great halves against Ireland, one good half one awful second against France, now a mediocre first half followed up by a soft useless second half in Caaaaaaardiff.

Edited by tigerburnie
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

3 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Afternoon all,

I wonder just how many visitors realised the significance of a ship called  'Cabinet Minister' with many wooden boxes forming its cargo?

Enjoy the rest of the day one and all.

Ah, whisky galore! Fantastic story and film.

• Like 4
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Had a good day at Tenterden today, a pretty good show with plenty of layouts that were new to me. Picked up a few scenic items and a couple of books and even had a pretty decent lunch in the school canteen which had opened for the show. We also spent a couple of hours at the K&ESR, found some interesting mags in the second hand shop in the museum as well.

12 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Morning all.

Perhaps Phil's fog is moving east as it hasn’t cleared here yet. It is forecast to clear soon though. 

Tony

As I approached Sadlers Farm it got very thick and remained so until well past Tarpots corner. It was also very thick crossing the QE2 bridge, you could see the support cables but not the towers until you were within about 25 metres of them.

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 2