RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Saturday saw me create a CAD drawing of a M&H signal box in 7mm scale.

Sunday saw me open the program to find I'd failed to save any of my work before closing down.

Yesterday I started again, but this time decided to look for something slightly simpler and quicker to draw.

Unusual for a programme to let you shut down without at least giving you a prompt to save.

Worth a search of your computer to see if you can find the "lost" work.

• Like 2
  • Agree 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Unusual for a programme to let you shut down without at least giving you a prompt to save.

Worth a search of your computer to see if you can find the "lost" work.

Thanks, I will have a look, but fortunately I'm not too bothered about it.

My trip to Modelscape was productive.... Too productive as I ended up buying stuff that I had not gone out to get, but Ian Morton had cunningly left out his box of chocolates to tempt me further.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, JohnDMJ said:

Sorry for the non-inclusion, Mike. At the time I observed most of these first-hand, I was passenger in a charter train in Switzerland; I will remember these and, I guess, station spotters too for the next update! BTW, did you follow the associated link?

Yes John,  I did indeed follow the link and was suitably impressed - well done.

Further to my earlier post I find that we have a slightly displaced stretch of fence with one post broken (well rotted as it happens) and a slipped out ppanel consequently sifficiently damaged to require renewal.

The Good Doctor and I duly set to - and the got caught in pouring rain and hail at just the wrong moment  - to remove the flapping panel and do something to support the broken post.  During the course of our endeavours I found that the slight bowing in the middle of the broken panel and the adjacent one probably owed a lot to bits of cut tree piled against them on the other side so it was hardly surprising that the broken stump had been pushed forwards by 4 inches.  In addition stuff will have to be cleared from the other side to get the replacement post into the right place to restore the proper fence line.   So whether it was weather damage or something else remains a bit unclear.

No blame attaches directly to our neighbour but an awful lot goes to the idiot tree loppers she uses who need to realise that whatever they did back home beyond the eastern side of the Oder-Neise Line doesn't go down to well with a certain inhabitant whose garden lies partly on the 150 foot contour line in the Thames Valley.

But at least the bonfire heap has now got a large wooden cover over part of it.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

The fact that some of the photos showed the frame of the structure was quite helpful.

Funnily enough I was given some photos of Green Ayre being demolished which proved to be very useful as they showed me all sorts of details that were normally hidden.

Jamie

• Like 14

7 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Yesterday on another forum there was a discussion about cannabis after a member mentioned smelling it. The basis of the discussion was that many were unaware of what cannabis smelt like. I then informed them that it smelt like strong cats pee, now many are saying that they have smelt it but were unaware of what it was.

It can get confusing here, with cannabis now being legal. If you smell what you think is cannabis, it could also be skunk cabbage - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symplocarpus_foetidus or even real skunk (at a distance - up close that is unmistakeable!).

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 9

I can't say that it has made a big difference here. There are less salubrious parts of town where you can't throw a rock without hitting a pot dispensary but no presence in other parts. Local municipalities have the option to zone their town to prohibit pot sales. There are none where I live.

We had quite stunningly sunny, but windy and cool, weather over the weekend with temperatures well below freezing at night. Apparently we had morning snow again last Wednesday (I was away). So after no wintry precipitation all winter we've had five days in February with snow in the morning where it was warm enough for it to melt by lunchtime. Freezing overnight temperatures will continue this week. This is all quite unusual for us.

People on the other side of the mountains have been socked in with more than 2' of snow in Central Oregon a week ago.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Evening.  No Freya damage here although it did rain some, and more, garnished with rain.  It fell as snow above a few hundred feet (there are lots of few hundred feets on Fraggle Rock!) so the mountain road (1500 of those feets) was closed this morning, and several other high roads.  Mrs NHN grumpy as her alternative way to work takes rather longer.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold

My car went off for its service and was returned looking clean.

It has rained this afternoon but Aditi still went out and did some gardening, filling in a hole where she had dug out a climbing rose (dead) and repotting the plants from the wind damaged pot. All I did was put up the new bird feeder. That wasn’t exactly difficult as it just hangs in a pear tree. 

I may start clearing the garage tomorrow. Aditi is keen to take some rubbish to the tip too. 

Tony

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

All I did was put up the new bird feeder. That wasn’t exactly difficult as it just hangs in a pear tree. 

I suppose you are hoping to attract a partridge.

I have only just discovered the Back Track magazine having come across a few old issues and purchased the latest one.  What an interesting publication.

Evening all.

• Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I did venture out to the garage for another search of glue stick and found the cunning blighters where I didn't leave them maybe Her had something to do with that she tidies up by throwing anything laying 

around in the nearest draw.

Other junk has been binned or put by for GDB I will have redo the tidying as I have creates more mess searching for other stuff.

must get on :superman: A Broome  :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, lightengine said:

Tony Robinson dancing?  Whoever thought that would be good tv needs tying to a crossing gate 

Does every programme involve dancing? We have been working our way through a massive box set of an Italian detective series so miss out on a lot of broadcast stuff. 

Tony

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Had a phone call from my friend earlier this evening. Daughter # 2 had a chest infection so he took her to the doctor who prescribed an antibiotic. It turns out that she is allergic to that antibiotic and had a severe reaction. She is now in hospital but should be home for the weekend. The shelving unit is looking a lot tidier but theres still not a lot of space created.

2 hours ago, BoD said:

I have only just discovered the Back Track magazine having come across a few old issues and purchased the latest one.  What an interesting publication.

Evening all.

I've taken Back Track since issue number 1, about 35 years ago IIRC. I have every issue bar one that was loaned out and never returned. Some of the photographs in current editions now post date the early editions.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 10

32 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Does every programme involve dancing? We have been working our way through a massive box set of an Italian detective series so miss out on a lot of broadcast stuff. 

Tony

I'm not sure.  After several other Worldwide rail tv progs I am fairly railwayed out.  But it does look like he will be wearing a dire range of Hawaiian shirts in every programme.  

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1