The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

orning All 

I made the mistake of buying multi items from Agros on-line yesterday with Her yacking in my ear yet again and more item have turned at Sainsburys than I ordered, this is

the second time this has happened Her telling me what to do had thrown me it really peeves me she has to pokes her nose then gives me carp when it goes wrong.:banghead:

As she is collecting the stuff, she has sorted it out I have given up using Argos.

I cook Shredded Turkey stir-fry last night brownie point were again earned, today Shredded fillet beef stir-fry is the order of the day.

Other thing to be done are track laying on the Indian Hill Rly once the gradient block have been glued in place and there seems to be a back log of coach building as it's too

damp to do any spraying, detailing work on several chassis will continue unabated.

On the news this morning GWR Wightwick Hall will be steamed at Quainton Road heritage site Saturday for the first time since it was decommissioned in 1964.         

Have a good day all must get on :superman: Welland Truly-Fecktoff  :biggrin_mini2:

Edited by 81C
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

The weather is distinctly changeable but hopefully we won't get a repeat of yesterday's monsoon rainfall.  Currently sunny and i can assure anybody interested that single observer out of however many can confirm that magpies prefer Whiskas to most other proprietary cat foods as two of them are busily sorting out the various small bits of it we put out after Simba rejects it (he prefers Sheba).   Kev the kite isn't all fussy incidentally - he doesn't care what name it was on the packet.

Supermarkets - we have Tesco (decent amount of car parking space plus Class 165 spotting), Waitrose (inadequate shared town centre car park - hence our use of other branches but particularly the one with train spotting capability, and wider choice than the local one), and Sainsbury's Local (one stage removed from next to useless, also town centre so no parking but we have an enormous branch at the Calcot Savacentre about 12 miles away). 

Today is big money (going out ) day as the car is in for MoT and service plus cam belt renewal (age related advisory change).   But on the plus side the money will not be coming out of any model expenditure related account, phew!!!

Note for Bob 81C - the link doesn't work and in any case according to the owning group's website 6989 first moved under its own steam following restoration on 11 December 2018,  and first hauled passengers on 02 march.  So I presume this Saturday might be its public debut?

Havea good day one and 

• Like 17
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. The bin wagons dawn chorus is in full swing, including the one that needs oiling, definitely no sleeping in when thats about. Talking of dawn choruses the sparrows are back in the bushes, it appears that the bushes only received a shave not the full hack and burn. 

3 hours ago, AndyB said:

Some girl group who prance around in their underwear. 

Hence, i'm happy to attend, but will reserve some cheese for my ears to avoid having to listen to them. 

:biggrin_mini2: 

Any tickets going spare?;)

• Funny 17

• RMweb Premium

within easy reach of the North West Leeds Highlands we have 2 big Sainsbugs and a small one, a Waitrose, Two Asdas, 3 Coop shops, a Lidl, an Aldi, 2 M&S, 2 Morrisons and no Tescos.

Shopping place of choice is in Moreasons...  VFM generally good and cracking breakfasts!

Baz

PS ..Result..28 days in India means I have lost 3kg without resorting to Delhi Belly or not eating like a king!

• Like 15

It appears JL have already signed contracts for the sale of our Waitrose and the Torquay store.  That kind of indicates it has been ongoing a few months.

Lidl has been announced Facebookwide, because someone said I know a staff member who said ..... so I guess we can expect Toolfit or AN Other & Co.

Dry, sunny and windy in sunny Teignmouth today.

I was reading some court matters for Devon yesterday circa 1880's.  Quite a large number of railway staff killed/died whilst on duty in a variety of accidents.

• Informative/Useful 13

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, lightengine said:

Our Waitrose is to close in June.  Slowly all the offers they did started to vanish in the last year.  I wondered if they were in more trouble than John Lewis made out.

Just reported of BBC news that Waitrose profits are up 18%!

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 7

12 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Morning all from Estuary-Land. The bin wagons dawn chorus is in full swing, including the one that needs oiling, definitely no sleeping in when thats about. Talking of dawn choruses the sparrows are back in the bushes, it appears that the bushes only received a shave not the full hack and burn. 

Admin, we need a 'perve' button

• Agree 3
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

This is the lead singer.................

image.png.30f8dcb025b3d6b3ed1d2331c2a9a7fc.png

• Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 minute ago, Happy Hippo said:

.. and the staff bonus is only 3% this year.

In other Waitrose news, their own brand toilet paper which we have bought for several years and found to be of good quality seems to have been changed recently to an inferior paper quality.  

• Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, lightengine said:

It appears JL have already signed contracts for the sale of our Waitrose and the Torquay store.  That kind of indicates it has been ongoing a few months.

Lidl has been announced Facebookwide, because someone said I know a staff member who said ..... so I guess we can expect Toolfit or AN Other & Co.

Dry, sunny and windy in sunny Teignmouth today.

I was reading some court matters for Devon yesterday circa 1880's.  Quite a large number of railway staff killed/died whilst on duty in a variety of accidents.

Sold as in closing down and another retailer using it or sold as in sold the freehold to someone who will then lease it to them.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

This is the lead singer.................

image.png.30f8dcb025b3d6b3ed1d2331c2a9a7fc.png

Cancel that ticket PLEASE!

7 minutes ago, lightengine said:

In other Waitrose news, their own brand toilet paper which we have bought for several years and found to be of good quality seems to have been changed recently to an inferior paper quality.  

Carry on using it and get in touch with yourself.

• Funny 12

1 hour ago, lightengine said:

John Wayne paper - rough, tough, and takes no sh*t

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 10

2 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Sold as in closing down and another retailer using it or sold as in sold the freehold to someone who will then lease it to them.

Sold to another retailer.  111 staff in Teignmouth. Always seem to be top heavy with managers when I go in.  Sometimes I have seen 6 or 7 managers checking stock rotation in one aisle.

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

That could be due to Aditi using them for home delivery rather than sending me to Tesco or Sainsbury. Our stopping shopping at Tesco coincided with the ending of getting Tesco points at an advantageous rate when using a Tesco credit card. 

Tony

• Like 15

35 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

In other news the House of Fun continues to be cold. In this morning’s icy breeze we were expecting to see penguins blow in across Heathrow airspace at any moment. And no I don’t mean the Penguins (capital P) which are a chocolate biscuit.  

Or, indeed, a literary publisher of renown!

(Why don't you see a polar bear eating a penguin? Can't get the wrapper off, perhaps?)

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 12
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Morning all,

Note for Bob 81C - the link doesn't work and in any case according to the owning group's website 6989 first moved under its own steam following restoration on 11 December 2018,  and first hauled passengers on 02 march.  So I presume this Saturday might be its public debut?

Havea good day one and 

Mike I just took it off the BBC news this AM fake news as usual, it's about time that lot got to grip, :biggrin_mini2:

I copied and pasted the link its probably this #### forum that's screwed it up from being used, ####### media it's all carp.:wild:

Her returned from Argos with 4 out of 7 Blind rails it just about sums that lot up, cheeky #ow said to her you could drive

round other stores for them I bet I can guess what Her retort was I didn't dare ask.:tender:

enjoy.  

• Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, 81C said:

Mike I just took it off the BBC news this AM fake news as usual, it's about time that lot got to grip, :biggrin_mini2:

I copied and pasted the link its probably this #### forum that's screwed it up from being used, ####### media it's all carp.:wild:

http://www.wightwick-hall-6989.com/

Testing to see if it is this website. 

Seems OK. 

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 12
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. After the bright sunshine this morning its now wet and windy. At least the seaweed wranglers are promising all day sunshine tomorrow. Still got to clear the shed but every time I clear a bit it seems to make no difference. Someone mentioned wood turning, Jamie IIRC, well I have found a 'forgotten' coffee table top. Its a solid elm plank about an inch thick, four feet long and 12-15 inches wide, the width varies because one side is the sapwood and is uneven where the bark used to be. Its free to a good home or preferably a wood turner.

• Like 13

Spring has sprung! It was quite warm yesterday. The snow started to melt and it rained. When we woke-up this morning there was two inches of new snow on the ground :huh:

MrsID received the following email (I've altered the late client's name):

"You are being notified in respects of the demise of my late client Algernon Gruntfuttock. I know this is reaching you all of a sudden, however I will require your assent in declaring his estate.

Peter Ward

Partner

Trowers & Hamlins LLP"

Some of you will have heard of Trowers & Hamlins and they do have a partner called Peter Ward, but the email did not come from his email address. We forwarded it to the real Peter Ward for his info.

Edit: (It was really Fred Gruntfuttock)

Edited by AndyID
baloney
  • Informative/Useful 11