Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

-2C here when I took my good lady to work. I'm sure that there is some physical explaination as to why cans of de-icer feel several degrees colder than that. I had to have a cup of coffee to defrost my hands.

• RMweb Gold

Morning everyone.

Slight frost here as well, I'll go out in a minute and see if my wife's car needs the screen scraping. Robbie pretended to be asleep when I suggested a garden visit at 6.30.

Tony

Morning all!

Its really cold here this morning -3, the frost was starting very early last night (about 9pm)

just trying to figure out how many layers would be good for today, and do i crack out the thermals

have a great day everyone

• RMweb Premium

Just something that's been going through my mind for much of this morning... I am currently clearing out some stuff via Ebay and other trading places and am - again - finding myself to be quite worried about not overlooking anything and not making any mistakes when inspecting the items in question and then describing them. I do know that neither my mind nor my perception is perfect, but still - I think it is something like a matter of honour for me to accurately describe those items and to not overlook anything. In fact, I often found myself worrying about those things even days after I posted a package.

In short - I do not like conflicts of any kind, which I guess might explain this behaviour - at least in part :unsure: .

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Seriously frosty car on the drive but luckily mine is in the garage! I guess I'll have to venture out soon. I really don't like cold, second only to wet in my dislike list. Quite unreasonable really but someone has scheduled a meeting with me today so I have to venture into the office. Then again I have to attend a Mandarin Chinese course at lunchtime and I better not get on the wrong side of the teacher!

Cheers

Dave

Quite unreasonable really but someone has scheduled a meeting with me today so I have to venture into the office. Then again I have to attend a Mandarin Chinese course at lunchtime and I better not get on the wrong side of the teacher!

Ditto, someone's scheduled a meeting for me today too. Hrrrrmph...

An old boss of mine in the Scottish Government used to come in with a bag of small oranges and offer them around the office, saying "Civil service mandarin, anyone?"... :rolleyes:

Guest Max Stafford

Ah, what bliss not to have to trudge through soggy mush in the woods for the first time in seemingly months. May the frost last a while! :)

Dave.

Morning (Just!) All!

It was bracing here cycling in this morning! No Oktas and -1c on the thermometer when I left the house.... brrr.... Things here have been nusy of late so access has been sporadic, I'm glad to see that everyone is still here and well!

Weather here greying now and still freezing, and so I wonder if I'll get to the shop and back dry - and without freezing over??

• RMweb Gold

Apparently I looked rather cold when I walked into college today.

Of course, it was quite treacherous cycling on unkempt roads and gravel tracks today.

Must have been in the minuses when I left home. The puddles were all frozen over and where there were puddles on a gravel track, the ice had been broken and so the track was scattered in ice blocks and how I avoided the front wheel from slipping completely I do not know.

The river is seriously high around here, not unusual for this time of year though. If it is still up tomorrow i'll take a few photos...

To all those that cycle daily... Are brakes supposed to fail when there is a frost?! I almost ended up taking the corner faster than expected into a gate post :blink:.

Roll on summer... brr...

Roll on summer... brr...

Persevere, Jam, and by February, you'll be screaming "Bring it on!" as you turn up to college in your shorts and T Shirt with two foot of snow on the ground :icon_lol: :icon_thumbsup2:

Wimps. I used to have to walk 5 miles up hill both ways in -60c to get to school. laugh.gif

Seriously, growing up in the Rocky Mountains, -35c is cold. 0c with a touch of frost is still shorts and sandals weather to Canadians. There is an old Innu saying that basically translates as : "it's not cold until your pee freezes before it hits the snow". tongue.gif